• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

New SITE MAINTENANCE - UPDATE DONE (almost!)...

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
I have noticed there isn't anyway of telling what members real names are. So if for instance someone called Dave decides on a user name of Alien5673 that can be the only thing he can be called unless he tells everyone through messages. Is this a consequence of GDPR?
Nope - it's back again. Sorry for the delay - I am slowly but surely working my way through a long list (which seems to grow daily) on things to reinstate.

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I have noticed there isn't anyway of telling what members real names are. So if for instance someone called Dave decides on a user name of Alien5673 that can be the only thing he can be called unless he tells everyone through messages. Is this a consequence of GDPR?
Minor detail John, it will be sorted, eventually... :thumbs:

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Can I be Frank, I am so confused ny the new layout. I cant seem to find my way around it. Its a shame really. I had so enjoyed his siye, now dont know its whatever from its whatever!!!!!!
Hey Stephen, thanks for the feedback, albeit Frank... :thumbs:

So, really, nothing has fundamentally changed to be honest - we are still working on getting Recent iMages back on the Home Page, but other than that, the site is mostly as it was before the update?... :rog:

If you have a particular issue please let us know here and we will try to address it, or point you in the right direction, so you may once again enjoy your MobiTog Community to the full... :D

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I like the little up arrow in a quoted post that takes you back to the original post.

I miss seeing the list of who's online at the moment (but it's not that important).

And I do miss Recent Images on the home page. Back soon, I hope?

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I like the little up arrow in a quoted post that takes you back to the original post.

I miss seeing the list of who's online at the moment (but it's not that important).

And I do miss Recent Images on the home page. Back soon, I hope?
1. Yes, good innit... :thumbs:

2. Tab > Members > Current visitors - should do it?... ;)

3. Soon Ted, soon... :D

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
The only problem I’m experiencing is I keep hitting the “help” button where the “new posts” used to be. :lmao: I’ll get used to it!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I just noticed this - and I do realize it’s not important in the scheme of things - but there are less font colors to choose from, and no pink shades :eek: I’m guessing it’s just how this new template is set up.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
2. Tab > Members > Current visitors - should do it?... ;)
Only sort of. I have to wade through four pages of guests and bots to pick out the members. :lmao: I'm surprised how much I miss this little function, I think because it gave me a bit of extra community feeling to know who was hanging out in the neighborhood at a given time.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
When I tried uploading this week's MobiColor winning image into the MC Winners folder, I clicked on New Media/Special Categories/Challenges, but I couldn't find a MobiColor folder. I did figure out a way... but it's probably just a "work around". The last MC winner's photo happens to be on the Home Page, so I clicked that image and was able to get into the folder. So I guess the issue is the folder isn't showing up under the drop down Media section? Or am I doing something/going somewhere wrong? :confused:

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
When I tried uploading this week's MobiColor winning image into the MC Winners folder, I clicked on New Media/Special Categories/Challenges, but I couldn't find a MobiColor folder. I did figure out a way... but it's probably just a "work around". The last MC winner's photo happens to be on the Home Page, so I clicked that image and was able to get into the folder. So I guess the issue is the folder isn't showing up under the drop down Media section? Or am I doing something/going somewhere wrong? :confused:
Sorted Cat?... ;)

:D

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Only sort of. I have to wade through four pages of guests and bots to pick out the members. :lmao: I'm surprised how much I miss this little function, I think because it gave me a bit of extra community feeling to know who was hanging out in the neighborhood at a given time.
Ah right, just click on the ‘Members’ tab directly above the list, which will isolate us all for you... :D

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Every now and then I would like to post a short audio file to support something going on. A sudden downpour or the sounds of the early morning birds, etc. Is there any way to post them?

FundyBrian

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Ah right, just click on the ‘Members’ tab directly above the list, which will isolate us all for you... :D
I was just perusing the Members tab items and came across “Media” items but I can’t tell exactly what they are. They aren’t videos, although maybe some are.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
A couple of navigational elements I don't think I've seen mentioned so far....

A page flipper/shortcut whatsit at the top of the page as well as the bottom would be useful. It was on the old site format and particularly useful on long threads and when judging.
imager.jpg

A link to Home at the bottom of the page would also be nice. On the breadcrumb navigation or in the footer perhaps? It needn't be at the bottom I guess but the header collapses when you sctroll down to leave a nav bar which doesn't include Home.
nav.jpg

Edit.... Although I notice home only disappears for me in the desktop scheme, it's permanent on my phone.
Screenshot_20190402-085127.jpg

Last edited:

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A couple of navigational elements I don't think I've seen mentioned so far....

A page flipper/shortcut whatsit at the top of the page as well as the bottom would be useful. It was on the old site format and particularly useful on long threads and when judging.
View attachment 143797
Hiya Riz, I believe there is a page flipper both at the top and the bottom of multi-page threads, with the exception of Portrait view on iPhone/Mobiles?... :rog:

I guess this is just a space to place issue... :D

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
A link to Home at the bottom of the page would also be nice. On the breadcrumb navigation or in the footer perhaps? It needn't be at the bottom I guess but the header collapses when you sctroll down to leave a nav bar which doesn't include Home.
View attachment 143798
Edit.... Although I notice home only disappears for me in the desktop scheme, it's permanent on my phone.
View attachment 143799
Thank you for the observations Rizole, we appreciate all feedback, useful or not, good or bad... :D

This, I believe we can still accommodate and will add it to the list for our TechGuru... :thumbs:

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
Hiya Riz, I believe there is a page flipper both at the top and the bottom of multi-page threads, with the exception of Portrait view on iPhone/Mobiles?... :rog:

I guess this is just a space to place issue... :D
Ah.... so there is. Thank you.