• > UPDATE < Thanks to all who've so far DONATED helping us update MobiTog, keep 'em coming please! AND A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog is open for business with some minor stuff on-going... :)

New SITE MAINTENANCE - UPDATE DONE (almost!)...

younger

MobiLurver
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone Xs
Hey everyone
I have been reading your posts here and I guess I’m up to date and didn’t find a similar question. But I have post-pregnancy/new baby/back to work and child at daycare/still have to study to do some more exams brain and I might repeat someone’s doubt. :D
Which is: I can’t find my way around the photo gallery. It seems to be displayed grouped by challenges/threads and not necessarily the last uploaded photo. It also hasn’t changed the photos displayed for a couple of days now. Is it still being worked on or is the problem somewhere between my fingers and the screen? :lol:
Cheers!

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Hey everyone
I have been reading your posts here and I guess I’m up to date and didn’t find a similar question. But I have post-pregnancy/new baby/back to work and child at daycare/still have to study to do some more exams brain and I might repeat someone’s doubt. :D
Which is: I can’t find my way around the photo gallery. It seems to be displayed grouped by challenges/threads and not necessarily the last uploaded photo. It also hasn’t changed the photos displayed for a couple of days now. Is it still being worked on or is the problem somewhere between my fingers and the screen? :lol:
Cheers!
Yes, it’s a work in progress at the moment. I’m sure it’ll be done soon. :D

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Yes, it’s a work in progress at the moment. I’m sure it’ll be done soon. :D
Hey everyone
Cheers!
Hi Juliana, thank you for commenting and bringing your concerns to our attention... :)

Jilly is quite right, it is a work in progress and we are still working to apply some of our past add-ons, like Chat, Widgets and Recent iMages... :thumbs:

One thing you may, I believe, be confusing things on the Home Page as it current displays - the iMages you can see are Gallery/Album iMages and not, as we had before, the Recent iMages from daily new posts by members to threads and challenges?

Recent iMages require a significant add-on and, whilst we have now secured it, Matt Smooth is currently configuring it in order to complete the view as we would like to see it. However, we are still planning on keeping the Member's Gallery/Album iMages as they currently show as another string to the Home Page bow... ;)

Please do bear with us, keep an eye on this thread for updates and please do let us know if you have any further concerns or observations - we have a dynamic site and a great family style community and we aim to continue trying to improve it and keep it up to date with our Member's wishes... :D

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Venomator Smooth -- There seems to be a bit of a hiccup at the moment (8:42 am Pacific time). Nearly every time I go from one page to another, I'm getting the Accept Cookies message and seeing Log In at the top of the page, even though my avatar is showing that I'm online.

EDIT: It could be this happens on the new page when I open it in a new tab rather than clicking straight through.

EDIT 2: And now all seems to be OK.

Last edited:

younger

MobiLurver
Real Name
Juliana
Device
iPhone Xs
Hi Juliana, thank you for commenting and bringing your concerns to our attention... :)

Jilly is quite right, it is a work in progress and we are still working to apply some of our past add-ons, like Chat, Widgets and Recent iMages... :thumbs:

One thing you may, I believe, be confusing things on the Home Page as it current displays - the iMages you can see are Gallery/Album iMages and not, as we had before, the Recent iMages from daily new posts by members to threads and challenges?

Recent iMages require a significant add-on and, whilst we have now secured it, Matt Smooth is currently configuring it in order to complete the view as we would like to see it. However, we are still planning on keeping the Member's Gallery/Album iMages as they currently show as another string to the Home Page bow... ;)

Please do bear with us, keep an eye on this thread for updates and please do let us know if you have any further concerns or observations - we have a dynamic site and a great family style community and we aim to continue trying to improve it and keep it up to date with our Member's wishes... :D
It’s ok! I’m more than happy to wait, just wanted to make sure I didn’t do anything wrong or that I couldn’t see the obvious (which happens quite a lot, I hate to admit :lmao:). Thanks!

Edited to add: and on that note, how do I see the recent images in the meantime? On the list of threads at the bottom of the page?

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Edited to add: and on that note, how do I see the recent images in the meantime? On the list of threads at the bottom of the page?
We are still working on the Recent iMages add-on Juliana, which was one of the more expensive costs for this upgrade, it needs some work and adding into the Widget add-on to make it similar to our previous offering... :thumbs:

Thank you for your input and patience... :D

I don't think you can Juliana, unless you go into each individual thread. Unless I'm not getting it either :lol:
Quite right, you're not getting it either John... :lmao:

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
This one's getting on my nerves a bit.
When you touch the text box to place the cursor, the text box realigns it's position on the screen, presumably to the optimal place for the person typing. That's a nice feature, no problem there.
Where it goes wrong is when you quote a lengthy post. When the post is quoted and you tap the end of the text to place your cursor the text box realigns just as it did before but it overshoots by a long margin. It looks like it's realigning to the top of the quoted text but, because of a scroll bar, the top of the text is hidden and the screen realigns to the previous post hiding the text box entirely.
It realigns again correctly when you start typing but not when you are editing what you've already written so in fact you can't see the edits you make and you have to do it blind. Quite frustrating when I have multiple edits to do to make the gibberish I've written comprehensible.
I've tried my phone and tablet and portrait and landscape with the same result.
A good place to recreate this is the Tuesday talking point thread. Pick a lengthy post to quote and have a go at editing.
I'd be interested to see if it's the same on Apple devices.

Last edited:

Smooth

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Matt
Device
iPhone X
This one's getting on my nerves a bit.
When you touch the text box to place the cursor, the text box realigns it's position on the screen, presumably to the optimal place for the person typing. That's a nice feature, no problem there.
Where it goes wrong is when you quote a lengthy post. When the post is quoted and you tap the end of the text to place your cursor the text box realigns just as it did before but it overshoots by a long margin. It looks like it's realigning to the top of the quoted text but, because of a scroll bar, the top of the text is hidden and the screen realigns to the previous post hiding the text box entirely.
It realigns again correctly when you start typing but not when you are editing what you've already written so in fact you can't see the edits you make and you have to do it blind. Quite frustrating when I have multiple edits to do to make the gibberish I've written comprehensible.
I've tried my phone and tablet and portrait and landscape with the same result.
A good place to recreate this is the Tuesday talking point thread. Pick a lengthy post to quote and have a go at editing.
I'd be interested to see if it's the same on Apple devices.
Yo Rizole!

Apologies for any annoyance. Could you do me a huge favour and screen record what you mean? I am struggling to recreate on iPhone/iPad but if I can get a clearer picture of what is happening I will do my best to get it sorted.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I’m not sure if this is related to @rizole’s issue, but it seems a little similar. When I’m typing a post, and want to bold something or insert an emoticon, I have to scroll up to the top of the post to get to the editing bar. If I’m replying to a post/quoting posts and there’s a lot of text inside the “box” it’s a bit annoying to scroll all the way up to edit, then have to scroll back down to get back to where I left off.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’m not sure if this is related to @rizole’s issue, but it seems a little similar. When I’m typing a post, and want to bold something or insert an emoticon, I have to scroll up to the top of the post to get to the editing bar. If I’m replying to a post/quoting posts and there’s a lot of text inside the “box” it’s a bit annoying to scroll all the way up to edit, then have to scroll back down to get back to where I left off.
Yes, that’s happening to me too. I also think it’s why so many people are typing replies inside the poster’s quote marks. I keep looking at posts thinking that there’s no reply, and then clicking on it and seeing that someone has actually replied, but it looks like part of the original post. I little thing, but worth pointing out so it can be fixed.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
Does this help?
With a long post, if I want the menu bar I touch and hold at the bottom right just below the text box. I can then pull down without scrolling the text.
Screenshot_20190412-180221.jpg

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
If that makes no sense to you, I wonder if the android and iphone browsers handle these things differently....
I generally use Firefox but I'll try a couple of different ones out on the strength of your question mark.
Thank you. :D

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I messed up a couple posts. How do I make corrections?
Use the Edit button, below your post Michael, as before, which might be hidden behind three little dots depending on your orientation?... ;)

Otherwise, let us know which ones and we'll try and sort for you... :D

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
Yo Rizole!

Apologies for any annoyance. Could you do me a huge favour and screen record what you mean? I am struggling to recreate on iPhone/iPad but if I can get a clearer picture of what is happening I will do my best to get it sorted.
Turns out this is an issue only on Firefox (on android i expect). Chrome works as expected. There is the recentering/realignment of the text box in chrome but it doesn't do the overshooting seen in firefox. I tried the noscript addon to firefox but it's too blunt a tool and the site has a whole other set of behaviours without javascript.
As it's such a specific issue (and affecting a diminishing userbase) I've registered an account on the xenforo forums and will see if I can get some input from there.