• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

New SITE MAINTENANCE - UPDATE DONE (almost!)...

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
LOL. On last weeks podcast he was talking to a musician who had taken his twelve rules and set them to music. Reminded me of this.

Thanks! Nice to remember that piece. I don’t know why it isn’t played at every graduation. (Was it popular at the same time as that Desiderata recording?).

I haven’t got to last week’s yet - I’m still deciding if I’ll listen to the whole of the Peterson/Zizek debate. What little I’ve read, noone was happy. Insufficient blood on the floor.

Starzee

MobiLurver
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I do. I feel they can sometimes convey so much more than words.
I never used to use them at all, then I began to understand that many times my odd sense of humor was being misunderstood. A well chosen emoji helped eliminate that problem (mostly). To clarify, it has helped with understanding, not imposed my sense of humor. :lmao:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sheesh.......who cares about emoji's what are we like 13 or something :D
The real dealbreaker for me is recent images on the front page, are they far off or is it the end of Mobitog as we know it?
Yes we are! Okay rather 12 though our bodies might tell us different, but the brain rules and feels like maximum 16. :joycat:

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
You do love your emojis. Here’s a thought: why don’t you design a set, and we can beg Smooth (nottomention his fiancée) to give up another week coding them in to MobiTog?!? If he cares about our happiness, surely he would do it? :mobibabe::thumbs::sneaky::mobibabe:o_O:whistle::mobibabe:
List: all iPhone emojis without alteration colours. Just the yellow everybody skin.

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
I haven’t got to last week’s yet - I’m still deciding if I’ll listen to the whole of the Peterson/Zizek debate. What little I’ve read, noone was happy. Insufficient blood on the floor.
I've had to stop listening to him. He makes some good points and argumentds but is too certain in his own conclusions, even (and sometimes especially) too adamant in his own doubt. There's a few times he's stated something as fact something that's not, which I find unforgivable in someone of his position. David Attenborough wouldn't do it!!!!!!!!

I think he's too used to being listened to, too used to having what he says either respected or needed to be defended or justified, too used to his own status as a lecturer.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
I never used to use them at all, then I began to understand that many times my odd sense of humor was being misunderstood. A well chosen emoji helped eliminate that problem (mostly). To clarify, it has helped with understanding, not imposed my sense of humor. :lmao:
:thumbs: :D

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I've had to stop listening to him. He makes some good points and argumentds but is too certain in his own conclusions, even (and sometimes especially) too adamant in his own doubt. There's a few times he's stated something as fact something that's not, which I find unforgivable in someone of his position. David Attenborough wouldn't do it!!!!!!!!

I think he's too used to being listened to, too used to having what he says either respected or needed to be defended or justified, too used to his own status as a lecturer.
I haven’t gotten to that yet - though I must admit I’m selective. I’m entranced by the lectures on personality theory, Jung, archetypes, Solzhenitsyn.... his absolute across-ness of psychological/empirical research. And his (to me clearly) genuine desire to see the world engaged in civil intelligent conversation. And so far I’ve been impressed by his willingness to re-think something raised in a debate (Sam Harris) and to apologise (to Milo wossisname) for ‘not defending him as well as he should/could have’ in the heat of some rapid fire to & fro.

If there are specific lectures you can point me to, do pm me — break it to me gently, but I’ll encounter his feet of clay at some point so now’s as good a time as any

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
L. Just the yellow everybody skin.
Ew. :barf:
What’s wrong with colours?
I say let’s have smiley faces in 160 colours. (I have more than 160 colours in my Prismacolour box!!) Multicoloured smilies. And sad faces. Teary, laughing, pouting. The lot. Also balloons stars rabbits & suchlike. Toast, stopsigns, brides, pool cues, braille marks.
The emoji dropdown menu would look like this:
DFB6D584-BA5B-4693-B81D-E9075A85106B.png and every little section would have 20-30 different emojis. Work of art, you ask me. :mobibabe:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Ew. :barf:
What’s wrong with colours?
I say let’s have smiley faces in 160 colours. (I have more than 160 colours in my Prismacolour box!!) Multicoloured smilies. And sad faces. Teary, laughing, pouting. The lot. Also balloons stars rabbits & suchlike. Toast, stopsigns, brides, pool cues, braille marks.
The emoji dropdown menu would look like this:
View attachment 144558 and every little section would have 20-30 different emojis. Work of art, you ask me. :mobibabe:
:thumbs: :D

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
If there are specific lectures you can point me to....
I'm being a bit hard on him I think. It's the small details outside his field that have bugged me. It's like the podcast I listened to with Jo Brand, a well known UK comedian (possibly a national treasure) who used to be a psychiatric nurse 30 or 40 years ago, was just wrong about something to do with mental health. I can't even remember what it was and she may have saying something that was considered current thinking at the time she had that job but she was just wrong. And recently a well read historian I listen to went on at length about fungus being in the plant kingdom!!!!
Makes me cross. :mad:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Thanks! Nice to remember that piece. I don’t know why it isn’t played at every graduation. (Was it popular at the same time as that Desiderata recording?).
I got curious and looked up the Desiderata: this is the earliest of several I saw on YouTube. Les Crane, a bit before my time, but I do remember hearing the (1971) recording on the radio. Seems he won a ‘Best Spoken Word’ Grammy for it. Just on my brief reading, the wildly popular Desiderata piece was a shift from his persona as ‘bad boy of talk show TV’

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Sheesh.......who cares about emoji's what are we like 13 or something :D
The real dealbreaker for me is recent images on the front page, are they far off or is it the end of Mobitog as we know it?
Yeah, can’t wait for that. I didn’t realise how much I click on an interesting image to see who posted it and what it’s about.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Smooth In the current state of the "Latest thread post" images line at the top of the home page:

* In Safari on the latest iOS, the images don't respond to taps at all.

* In Safari on the latest MacOS, the images respond to clicks but take me to the beginning of the thread rather than to the image I clicked on (which is at the end of the thread).

Haven't tried any other browsers at this point.

EDIT: The "Latest images from our media gallery" thumbnails respond as expected.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I'm being a bit hard on him I think. It's the small details outside his field that have bugged me. It's like the podcast I listened to with Jo Brand, a well known UK comedian (possibly a national treasure) who used to be a psychiatric nurse 30 or 40 years ago, was just wrong about something to do with mental health. I can't even remember what it was and she may have saying something that was considered current thinking at the time she had that job but she was just wrong. And recently a well read historian I listen to went on at length about fungus being in the plant kingdom!!!!
Makes me cross. :mad:
I know that feeling. People with some kind of platform for voice/opinion should be mindful of and step up to the privileging of their discourse that goes with it

Venomator

MobiAdmin
Admin
Site Staff
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone X
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I hope this is the correct place to ask. Where do we find the Donation button?
Hi Jeffrey, great place to ask... :thumbs:

We have not managed to resolve the DONATE button to the updated site yet, but we are working on it... :D

In the meantime, anyone who wishes to help refill the coffers may pay into our PP account at > Admin at MobiTog dot com

Thank you for asking and thank you all in advance... :notworthy:

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Device
Samsung
Suggestion....On the front page, place the Latest thread post picture scroller thing above the Latest images from our media gallery picture scroller thing.
Screenshot_20190531-103540.png

Here's what the front page looks like on my phone. As the top images only change once, sometimes maybe twice a week It looks like there is very little activity on site. I reckon the Latest thread post would engage both regulars and passers by more.

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Suggestion....On the front page, place the Latest thread post picture scroller thing above the Latest images from our media gallery picture scroller thing.
View attachment 145805
Here's what the front page looks like on my phone. As the top images only change once, sometimes maybe twice a week It looks like there is very little activity on site. I reckon the Latest thread post would engage both regulars and passers by more.
I second that !