• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

New SITE MAINTENANCE - UPDATE DONE (almost!)...

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
Suggestion....On the front page, place the Latest thread post picture scroller thing above the Latest images from our media gallery picture scroller thing.
View attachment 145805
Here's what the front page looks like on my phone. As the top images only change once, sometimes maybe twice a week It looks like there is very little activity on site. I reckon the Latest thread post would engage both regulars and passers by more.
Third.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Suggestion....On the front page, place the Latest thread post picture scroller thing above the Latest images from our media gallery picture scroller thing.
View attachment 145805
Here's what the front page looks like on my phone. As the top images only change once, sometimes maybe twice a week It looks like there is very little activity on site. I reckon the Latest thread post would engage both regulars and passers by more.
Third that! OK, fourth that!

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
Another similar suggestion....
The message scroller at the top of the page is on every page. I wonder if it makes sense to have it only on the front page?
Screenshot_20190531-103540-01.jpeg

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I suggested (further up this thread) the scroller at the top of every page is redundant and probably better only on the front page as it takes up so much space that pushes the content people come here for further down and off the page, especially on a mobile platform where space is a premium.

But this thread (the only content on that scroller) was started 5 months ago and hasn't been touched in over a month. Surely the content of the scroller is no longer current, relevant or accurate any more? It makes the site look less cared for than it is.

While I'm on the subject..... Next/previous page buttons at the top of a page (as well as at the bottom) would be welcome (and there's plenty of space that's taken up by the scroller), it's currently hidden by CSS. If i'm working my way through a thread and have to flip forward or backward, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page or rotate my phone to landscape. Not always easy if I'm, for instance, holding a glass of wine with my orther hand, eating lobster thermidor or driving a car!!!! :eek:

Last edited:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I suggested (further up this thread) the scroller at the top of every page is redundant and probably better only on the front page as it takes up so much space that pushes the content people come here for further down and off the page, especially on a mobile platform where space is a premium.

But this thread (the only content on that scroller) was started 5 months ago and hasn't been touched in over a month. Surely the content of the scroller is no longer current, relevant or accurate any more? It makes the site look less cared for than it is.

While I'm on the subject..... Next/previous page buttons at the top of a page (as well as at the bottom) would be welcome (and there's plenty of space that's taken up by the scroller), it's currently hidden by CSS. If i'm working my way through a thread and have to flip forward or backward, I have to scroll to the bottom of the page or rotate my phone to landscape. Not always easy if I'm, for instance, holding a glass of wine with my orther hand, eating lobster thermidor or driving a car!!!! :eek:
Or doing all four at the same time. :mobibabe:

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus

2nd :thumbs: (The suggestions :mobibabe:)

zenjenny

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
And the issue of the dates on the ‘newsletter/member’ posts? :)

Poor Matt. I think we should have a whip around for a nice tin of biscuits (cookies, for everyone else in the world).

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
But this thread (the only content on that scroller) was started 5 months ago
The Mobi Member albums? If that's what you mean I'm thinking maybe the albums, apart from the winners albums are redundant nowadays.
I used to upload all my b/w's into an album but after the 'change' I discovered after uploading 6, it embarrassingly took up the whole front page :oops:
So I stopped ! Nick Leon did the same and hasn't been seen for weeks :eek:

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
The Mobi Member albums? If that's what you mean I'm thinking maybe the albums, apart from the winners albums are redundant nowadays.
I used to upload all my b/w's into an album but after the 'change' I discovered after uploading 6, it embarrassingly took up the whole front page :oops:
So I stopped ! Nick Leon did the same and hasn't been seen for weeks :eek:
No, the text based scroller.
Screenshot_20190811-185209-01.jpeg
Screenshot_20190811-185225-01.jpeg

The info on them is out of date, the link is the same on each panel and takes you to this thread, which is out of date itself and the scroller is, redundantly, on every page on mobitog.
It's in the prime content space directly under the blue navigation header. On my mobile it takes 100% of the display space below the nav header in landscape and about 70% in portrait. On my tablet that's more like 70% and 33%. In each case I have to scroll to the content I care about. Not that I don't care about the site update, I just don't continuously care about it for 5 months running.

Not sure about the album thing. :eek: