Sorry not been about: Here's what i have been doing

iNOLOGIST

MobiFan
Sorry I've not been posting much/at all. I have had a rather busy time since my loki shoot as my mum took ill again and i had to put her in a home this time. Things are calming down now though. I have an idea to do a mixed exhibition/show with my iphone work and some new stuff i want to get done during rest of the year. No idea if it'll ever happen but i might as well have a go.

You can read a little about what the "new/old" stuff is on my blog posts here....it's not iphoneography but it was iphoneography that set it all off!
the first image in the blog post is possibly NSFW!

http://inologist.com/?p=504

Sorry to hear about your mom... I hope she's settled in and that you're both doing well.

And Wow! This is cool!! :D What an awesome story, and I must say you are extremely resourceful. :thumbs:

I hope you post up part two here! Anxious to follow along. :thumbs:

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

part two is up already and is linked at end of part 1.....part three will have some actual finished plates for you to see.
Thanks everyone

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Just read part two, and it's absolutely amazing! And your photos to illustrate the whole process are wonderful (iPhone shots, I'm presuming?). :sneaky: I can hardly wait to see the finished plates.

Thanks
The photo's were taken by my friends miko and elizabeth. Canon50D and 5DMK2's were their cameras i think. Another of my friends, Lauren was using her phone but when the flash kept going off in darkroom she stopped...iso 1000000000000 on the 5DMK2 can see in the dark without flash....handy... incidentally the iso of the collodion plate is around 1ish dependant on mix of chemicals and temperature and humidity....

This is really great !!! Thank you for sharing - I always wondered how that was done - can't wait for part 3 !

Hi Gordon, I thought of you when I saw this Vimeo clip about the work of a photographer called Ian Ruhter. He has turned the back of a truck into a camera and uses similar plate processes. Search for him on Facebook, well worth a look.

Yes I've seen Ian's stuff. Pretty large images he takes....there is a guy in Australia who does something similar.

I hope to do some actual iphone stuff soon but i was doing more of the wet plate stuff last week. Think i've got it cracked. Will do a blog post about it soon

Thanks for the info, I've now friended him on Facebook and have joined the group to read more. I'm not sure if I'd have the patience though, looks extremely fiddly. Great look, love all that REAL grunge effect.

Back
Top Bottom