Star’s 2024 365 or is it 366?

We’ve been friends for 50 years and have had a lot of beers together. When we were younger and being proofed everywhere, only one time did a bouncer call her out on her birthday. “You can’t drink, you’re only six years old!”
In Sweden you have to be 18 for buying alcoholic beverages. On my 18th birthday I went to the liquor store to celebrate the big day. I bought a few bottles of wine and when the cashier checked my ID she loudly exclamated Happy birthday. I remeber feeeling very ashamed. Still not sure why I felt like that.

In Sweden you have to be 18 for buying alcoholic beverages. On my 18th birthday I went to the liquor store to celebrate the big day. I bought a few bottles of wine and when the cashier checked my ID she loudly exclamated Happy birthday. I remeber feeeling very ashamed. Still not sure why I felt like that.
It was 18 back in my day. 21 now.

3/5
Museum day
IMG_2010.jpeg

That's cool! I looked up monoprint, but the descriptions I found were all focused on drawing, not the sort of collage-like result you've got here. Can you give a brief rundown of what you did?
This is a monoprint, which I guess means one of a kind print, from a Gelli Plate. I have recently become enamored with putting multiple layers on a Gelli plate before pulling it. I keep the steno pad close to roll off my brayer if the paint is too thick on the plate. Any way I started with dark acrylic and used a tree stamp to pull some paint off then pressed a stencil on and then went on to do other stuff. My final act was to throw on some white acrylic paint, which seems to work best for pulling multiple layers, and pulled it on the steno pad because I was skeptical it was going to be any good. I was pleasantly surprised.

This is a monoprint, which I guess means one of a kind print, from a Gelli Plate. I have recently become enamored with putting multiple layers on a Gelli plate before pulling it. I keep the steno pad close to roll off my brayer if the paint is too thick on the plate. Any way I started with dark acrylic and used a tree stamp to pull some paint off then pressed a stencil on and then went on to do other stuff. My final act was to throw on some white acrylic paint, which seems to work best for pulling multiple layers, and pulled it on the steno pad because I was skeptical it was going to be any good. I was pleasantly surprised.
Oh, I see. So you assemble the whole image on the plate using different inks and then lay the paper on that when you go to print. I was wondering if those light/white marks like the grasses and branches and such were light-colored ink or voids where you put something between the plate and the paper.

Oh, I see. So you assemble the whole image on the plate using different inks and then lay the paper on that when you go to print. I was wondering if those light/white marks like the grasses and branches and such were light-colored ink or voids where you put something between the plate and the paper.
The white marks were made with a tree stamp. It removed the paint from the first layer and allow the next layer paint to show through.

What the H is wrong with me - I see the word HELL :D
Hmm, I see HEOL.

"a popular korean slang that you can use in any situation. you can use it when you’re shocked, mad, sassy, surprised, happy or sad! it’s helpful in circumstances when you don’t know what to say"
I thought it was just chipped concrete. o_O

Back
Top Bottom