Mobi365 Star's Project 365 - 2017 - A year of creative curiosity.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - Jul 20, Feb 22
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I’ve decided to to a 52 in 2018. Do I just set that up in the 52/ 2018 myself? I can’t remember. It’s been a year!

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
357/365
December 23
Matt and Auntie
IColorama
IMG_4501.JPG

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
361/365
Found Poem On a Table Cloth
IColorama
IMG_4554.JPG

I don’t remember when I first heard of found poems but one technique is to rip a page out of a book and blot out everything but a few lines that make a poem, then you embellish the page with drawings or cut outs. It was 9 degrees F (-12 degrees C) yesterday with wind, so I opted to stay inside and photograph a book page and my tablecloth, put them into IColorama and create a found poem.

It might be plagiarism, I don’t know.

ubbyisis

IOTM Winner - August 2021
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
361/365
IColorama
View attachment 104123
I don’t remember when I first heard of found poems but one technique is to rip a page out of a book and blot out everything but a few lines that make a poem, then you embellish the page with drawings or cut outs. It was 9 degrees F (-12 degrees C) yesterday with wind, so I opted to stay inside and photograph a book page and my tablecloth, put them into IColorama and create a found poem.

Plagiarism or not - I love it [emoji1303]

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
361/365
IColorama
View attachment 104123

I love this!!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
362/365
December 26
Mash Up
IColorama View attachment 104140
Still hiding from the arctic weather. I photographed a couple of works I did in art class and mashed them up in IColorama.

Are you combining paper/canvas and digital art here?
What sort of art class are you taking? (I want one :))

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Are you combining paper/canvas and digital art here?
What sort of art class are you taking? (I want one :)

I’m a teaching Assistant and one of the classes I’m assigned to is art. I do the projects along with the kids. They enjoy working alongside an adult who is learning with them. I think it makes them take more chances in their art.

One piece is an oil pastel of a butterfly wing.
IMG_0381.JPG

The other is an unfinished tessellation.
IMG_0385.JPG

It is great fun.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
I’m a teaching Assistant and one of the classes I’m assigned to is art. I do the projects along with the kids. They enjoy working alongside an adult who is learning with them. I think it makes them take more chances in their art.

One piece is an oil pastel of a butterfly wing.View attachment 104160
The other is an unfinished tessellation. View attachment 104161
It is great fun.

Good on you! Children love when adults will ‘do it with them’, right?

I’ve mentioned before it was the other way ‘round for me: I overcame my anxieties about art when I had a grandbaby in kindy who loved nothing better - My wanting to ‘do it with her’ was stronger than my entrenched ‘I can’t draw/paint’. And the child’s unselfconscious joy in creativity is infectious:)

How old are your students? That’s pretty sophisticated art.

I look at school art teachers’ sites a lot for art therapy ideas. (On the principle that it’s the kid in us that is most likely to respond). And every time I’m amazed at the difference in what kids get to learn in ‘art class’ now as opposed to the half century ago I was in school. I don’t recall teachers like you, either :inlove:

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Good on you! Children love when adults will ‘do it with them’, right?

I’ve mentioned before it was the other way ‘round for me: I overcame my anxieties about art when I had a grandbaby in kindy who loved nothing better - My wanting to ‘do it with her’ was stronger than my entrenched ‘I can’t draw/paint’. And the child’s unselfconscious joy in creativity is infectious:)

How old are your students? That’s pretty sophisticated art.

I look at school art teachers’ sites a lot for art therapy ideas. (On the principle that it’s the kid in us that is most likely to respond). And every time I’m amazed at the difference in what kids get to learn in ‘art class’ now as opposed to the half century ago I was in school. I don’t recall teachers like you, either :inlove:

The kids are 7th to 11th grade. We are a residential facility so most have been in trouble with the law. For many it’s the first time in months or even years they have attended school regularly.

The art teacher seems to choose projects that promote success as well as teaching concepts. She explains techniques in depth. The trick is to get the kids to slow down and follow the steps.

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
I’ve decided to to a 52 in 2018. Do I just set that up in the 52/ 2018 myself? I can’t remember. It’s been a year!
Yep.
Call out if you want help with anything. (You know, tying your shoelaces; choosing your lotto numbers . . . ) :thumbs:

Starzee

MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
363/365
Beerocracy
Snapseed, IColorama
IMG_4569.JPG

Stopped at what the owner touts as an authentic UK pub. They serve only cask beer which is a centuries old, natural fermented style. Some find it “flat” but I find it very drinkable. The technique yields a fairly low alcohol brew, so we were able to try all six varieties between the two of us. The owner if from the UK, when pressed as to exactly what country that meant, he was quite vague. Maybe he’s wanted or something. He makes good beer, anyway.

The sign beside the door declares the pub a cell phone free zone and warns that any cell phone user will be slapped with a $10 fine (donated to charity), thus the photo of the door and not the inside.

We were quite delighted to see that one of their taps was dedicated for our good friends the Lunkenheimers. They own a local brewery that I may have mentioned once or twice. [emoji849]