Mobi365 Star's Project 365 - 2017 - A year of creative curiosity.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Things I’ve learned from my 365.

I really can’t count. No matter how many times I went over my posts, I still messed up the count at least once a month.

The administrators of Mobitog are very tolerant.

It’s hard, harder the farther in you get. After 200 or so, I started wondering if I’d already used this or that.

The closer I got to the end, the more critical I was of my work.

Really close to the end, I became desperate and was way less picky about what I posted.

During particular seasons, I wished I’d thought of “messing with apps”

Pets come in pretty handy sometimes.

Someday, I want to spend some time in a subway, tube, metro…. and photograph passers by. Preferably in Paris.

There’s a lot of stuff out there to photograph.

There’s hardly anything out there to photograph.

Just some thoughts. I’d like to see what some other 365ers thought.

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I really can’t count. No matter how many times I went over my posts, I still messed up the count at least once a month.

It’s hard, harder the farther in you get. After 200 or so, I started wondering if I’d already used this or that.

Really close to the end, I became desperate and was way less picky about what I posted.

Someday, I want to spend some time in a subway, tube, metro…. and photograph passers by. Preferably in Paris.

Great thoughts Star

JillyG

IOTM Winner - September 2020 & January 2021
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

What a brilliant list. I was nodding away. :lol: I agree with it all. I have huge admiration for everyone else’s 365 - their images always seem so much better than my meagre offerings. But, going forward, I now know what to expect and, even if that knowledge doesn’t make the journey any easier, at least there won’t be too many surprises.

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
During particular seasons, I wished I’d thought of “messing with apps”.

Well, it was brilliantly lazy of me, if I do say so. [emoji12]

One thing about my 365 - as I started it, I thought the daily work would help in pointing me to a discovery of that elusive thing known as personal style. The look that says “Jerry”, that I’m comfortable with, that I handle well, that makes my work a body of work.

As we near the end of the year, my work remains scattershot at best. I try new apps, new techniques, new combinations, and nothing seems to stick. (My use of blends of Imaengine in urban landscapes comes closest.) I look around and see contributors here deciding on word/image combinations (like you) or collages (like Ann) or gorgeous landscapes (like Dave) or even focusing on a certain color (like a certain mod who shall remain nameless).

Truth is, by the nature of my 365, I shouldn’t expect to arrive at a style and stick with it. It says I will be “messing around” right there in the title, not exploring and refining a certain style. Messing around suits my personality more. So maybe my 365 taught me to let go and be happy with nattering around at the edges.

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

One thing about my 365 - as I started it, I thought the daily work would help in pointing me to a discovery of that elusive thing known as personal style. The look that says “Jerry”, that I’m comfortable with, that I handle well, that makes my work a body of work.

As we near the end of the year, my work remains scattershot at best. I try new apps, new techniques, new combinations, and nothing seems to stick. (My use of blends of Imaengine in urban landscapes comes closest.) I look around and see contributors here deciding on word/image combinations (like you) or collages (like Ann) or gorgeous landscapes (like Dave) or even focusing on a certain color (like a certain mod who shall remain nameless).

Truth is, by the nature of my 365, I shouldn’t expect to arrive at a style and stick with it. It says I will be “messing around” right there in the title, not exploring and refining a certain style. Messing around suits my personality more. So maybe my 365 taught me to let go and be happy with nattering around at the edges.
Well said Jerry! That’s me to a t - looking for my “style” and failing to find it. It’s fun searching though isn’t it?:D

Last edited:

ubbyisis

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
Eva Gustafsson
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Well - nothing wrong with messiness. I could never stick to a certain style or rather my style is to do whatever I feel on each project day [emoji851]

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

Well said! I think you’ve found your style, non-styled, unstyled or something like that!

I’m thinking that just doing a 52, instead of 365 will give me more time to “mess around with apps”. I might even remember which one do what. I have been focusing on IColorama, lately, often referring to your tutorials. It does so much more than I expected!

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
364/365
Winter Tree
IMG_4588.JPG

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
365/365
Phew!
Thought I’d end with an image of the same thing I started with, Jingle Bells.
Image1514807321.425416.jpg

Photos, Snapseed

Edit: I thought I was brilliant for thinking of ending on the same note I started on, but I see a few others thought of it before me![emoji23]

Last edited:

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
365/365
Phew!
Thought I’d end with an image of the same thing I started with, Jingle Bells. View attachment 104289
Photos, Snapseed
Huge congratulations on completing your Mobi365 - 2017 Star, a great achievment full of some awesome iMagery... :notworthy:

I have collated your 365 into your Album, although the number of iMages may overstate the 365 because of a few spurious iMages, but you can delete these if you wish in order to keep a pure 365, or not, your call... :D

Star’s Mobi365 - 2017

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Huge congratulations on completing your Mobi365 - 2017 Star, a great achievment full of some awesome iMagery... :notworthy:

I have collated your 365 into your Album, although the number of iMages may overstate the 365 because of a few spurious iMages, but you can delete these if you wish in order to keep a pure 365, or not, your call... :D

Star’s Mobi365 - 2017

Thank you! Except that link takes me to something called Syon House Conservatory. The one in messages works though!

Thanks again!

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max

Lovely edit and very atmospheric image.

365/365
Phew!
Thought I’d end with an image of the same thing I started with, Jingle Bells. View attachment 104289
Photos, Snapseed

Edit: I thought I was brilliant for thinking of ending on the same note I started on, but I see a few others thought of it before me![emoji23]

Doesn’t make it any less brilliant ! Gorgeous composition/crop, too.

Congrats on a fabulous 365, Star - I’m looking fwd to browsing the album Rog had made up for you :inlove:

JillyG

Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
365/365
Phew!
Photos, Snapseed

Fabulous 365 Star. Well done for getting all the way to the end.:thumbs:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
365/365
Phew!
Photos, Snapseed

Great image and congrats on finishing the 365 :thumbs: