Mobi52 Starzee’s Project 52 - 2020

I made them. I mean created, er, cobbled them together. I do have a set of round cards. Just between you and me and anyone else who happens along, is it okay to photograph things you might use for a physical collage and use them digitally? I mean I have a lot of things I’ve collected from magazines, books, cards that I had planned on using in a collage. How would that be any different than photographing it and using it? (I keep telling myself....and yet, I question the ethics of it.

lkr. :lmao:

it‘s the never-ending debate that will never, er, end. technology, lines blur, blah blah.

In my *cough* considered opinion, the KISS principle applies. Also Occam’s Razor, which says moreorless the same thing but in more/longer words. That is, if it’s taken with a mobile, it’s a mobile image: if it’s not, it isn’t. Respect for intellectual property and other courtesies should be applied via proper attribution.

Segue: lack of attribution gets up my nose. I stopped following a FB digital art/collage page after one too many acknowledgements that the main (!) image ‘came from the internet’ :persevere:

Decim8-ed Butterflies A Series
Decim8, Procreate, possibly iColorama
11C3B0F8-B582-4B83-A7E9-A79E97B60E54.jpg
BE453B93-6AD0-44CA-B8D1-35035F288F96.jpg
02D2AA35-F0C6-48E9-8F0A-FF214574B447.jpeg

I especially like the middle one of these three. I also like it rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise. Neat that it works in two different orientations.
Thanks. I ran off to Procreate to twist in all directions and pleasantly surprised that I liked it better In portrait. I think I will do that in the future. It’s easy enough to try and gives a different perspective. Thanks for the idea!

Back
Top Bottom