Mobi52 Starzee’s Project 52 - 2020

Collaging
Procreate
25903769-E26F-49A8-93AE-562C7F4173CC.jpeg

You cut up your Mad Magazine???:eek::eek::eek:
I’ve got to say, that was the first thing that came to my mind (or what’s left of it).
NO!!!! Well, sort of. I cut it up digitally in Procreate. It is still intact.
5DF230BF-DB27-4468-B90F-9190F2A1FA1A.jpeg

My Daughter in Law‘s brother (also my tattoo artist) gave me several issues from the ‘90s. They show up in my collages quite frequently. Timeless, really. :lmao:

My memory (what’s left of it) is of Omni, High Times, Punch and Mad magazines covering all the bases. There was another one like Omni, obviously not as memorable . . . :confused:
I subscribed to Mad, Rolling Stone and Newsweek. The Newsweek was added in college when I was majoring in Journalism. Apparently the other two weren’t considered newsworthy enough. I often bought High Times.

My memory (what’s left of it) is of Omni, High Times, Punch and Mad magazines covering all the bases. There was another one like Omni, obviously not as memorable . . . :confused:
Ooooh, yes, I loved Omni. I’d forgotten about it until you mentioned it.

I subscribed to Mad, Rolling Stone and Newsweek. The Newsweek was added in college when I was majoring in Journalism. Apparently the other two weren’t considered newsworthy enough. I often bought High Times.
Ooooh, yes, I loved Omni. I’d forgotten about it until you mentioned it.
I had to Google Omni. Looks like I missed out.

/////////03...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................+

edit: The cat sat on the keyboard...

theverge.com posted a piece in 2017 about Omni returning as a quarterly. Anyone know anything about that? Omni has a website and a FBaccount and I‘m nonethewiser from either.
You sent me down a rabbit hole with the mention of Omni. Took me back to being 21 when I worked at British Aerospace Space Division in the PR department. I wondered if Omni and the Space Division had ever come together and did an Internet search. Nothing, but I did find that my old boss had been given a CBE and didn’t look any different now to when I worked for him. Names popped up on the Internet and it brought back so many memories of amazing experiences. Happy days. :D

You sent me down a rabbit hole with the mention of Omni. Took me back to being 21 when I worked at British Aerospace Space Division in the PR department. I wondered if Omni and the Space Division had ever come together and did an Internet search. Nothing, but I did find that my old boss had been given a CBE and didn’t look any different now to when I worked for him. Names popped up on the Internet and it brought back so many memories of amazing experiences. Happy days. :D
Sounds like a good rabbit hole!

Back
Top Bottom