MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
I haven’t seen Jerry’s yet, but I’m wondering if you’re using the French shape/collage app he showed us a while back?decd
Decimate for a few variations then stacked, selected rectangles to remove or morph in Procreate. But now I have to go back and find that app juryjone Jerry?

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Decimate for a few variations then stacked, selected rectangles to remove or morph in Procreate. But now I have to go back and find that app juryjone Jerry?
Eek. I don’t think I’ve ever used the phrase “French shape”, so I’m not sure which app.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Diana, Procreate
Abstraction exists in Thy soul

9451251E-6C21-446C-AF0B-D3383E5296EA.jpeg

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Abstraction exists in Thy soul
Obviously not mine though. I posted a very similar image (face, my own, overlaid with text and an abstract background) last week to my sinnerjohn thread and for my troubles I got one laughing emoji and a flippant comment. Your image is probably better than mine and will receive all sorts of praise because its work that's expected from you. I vowed then to never experiment on Mobitog again.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Obviously not mine though. I posted a very similar image (face, my own, overlaid with text and an abstract background) last week to my sinnerjohn thread and for my troubles I got one laughing emoji and a flippant comment. Your image is probably better than mine and will receive all sorts of praise because its work that's expected from you. I vowed then to never experiment on Mobitog again.
I just went back through your Cabinet until July and didn’t find what you describe. I am sorry for your experience and hope I didn’t add to it. Please don’t stop experimenting. It’s very freeing. And no one’s work is better than anyone else’s.

And for the record, I get precious few visitors here. I don’t appeal to the general population.

(just between us, I have an awful time with titles. I use Word Palette to string words together that kinda fit :oops:)

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Reaction score
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I just went back through your Cabinet until July and didn’t find what you describe. I am sorry for your experience and hope I didn’t add to it. Please don’t stop experimenting. It’s very freeing. And no one’s work is better than anyone else’s.

And for the record, I get precious few visitors here. I don’t appeal to the general population.

(just between us, I have an awful time with titles. I use Word Palette to string words together that kinda fit :oops:)
I deleted it, I was not a happy bunny that day.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
juryjone Jerry, I used the rectangular mask but after the first image was masked, I couldn’t remove it and start fresh. Every time I hit the rectangular mask the original mask popped up. I hope that made sense. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it is?

zenjenny

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
jen
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Yes. They were originally a set of mirrors. And yes, moons keep appearing (completely spontaneously) in my collages. Looks like they’re spreading :eek:

juryjone

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
juryjone Jerry, I used the rectangular mask but after the first image was masked, I couldn’t remove it and start fresh. Every time I hit the rectangular mask the original mask popped up. I hope that made sense. Am I doing something wrong or is that the way it is?
If you’re talking about my Compartmentalized image, I didn’t use the rectangular mask in iColorama. I got a single-color background in Decim8 and masked it out using the Brush mask with Limits. I created the new background in iColorama and added the shadow, using the brush mask, there as well.

The effect can be done with the rectangular mask, moving a single rectangle or adding individual rectangles, but that’s tedious in a non-layering app like iColorama.

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
If you’re talking about my Compartmentalized image, I didn’t use the rectangular mask in iColorama. I got a single-color background in Decim8 and masked it out using the Brush mask with Limits. I created the new background in iColorama and added the shadow, using the brush mask, there as well.

The effect can be done with the rectangular mask, moving a single rectangle or adding individual rectangles, but that’s tedious in a non-layering app like iColorama.
It was certainly having me hit my head against the wall. :lmao:But I don’t believe I ever tried to move the rectangle masks. Thanks!