Mobi52 Starzee’s Project 52

I’ve been oin COVID land at work. Very short staff at work. Working around 100 hours a pay period. And then just too tired to do anything. Oh well. I plan on starting a 52 and MAKING TIME to some things I want this year!
Agh! But it’s lovely to have you popping in and we look forward to your 52.:)

E1EE3CBA-1B3D-402C-8121-B54ADE32D8CE.jpeg

I’m still trying to get the hang of the slow shutter apps. I took this in a students gym class and was struck by how the orange blob looked like a giant gold fish.
03C57261-23F5-41F2-B86A-7AB5BC2A3C12.jpeg

Decim8, Art Impresso, Procreate
Fred Takes His Pet Fish to the Mall
F706D905-5EF5-4DD9-AD80-D7C5C7BDE69E.jpeg

In my attempts to get the hang of these slow shutter apps, I looked at some YouTube videos (not many on Bluristic) and binge watching Hawkeye and stealing scenes from the shows. I imagine it‘s cheating but it’s the only way I’m going to get images of NYC.
Moment
8717F1D0-8B84-4B85-9841-3DA919F9486D.jpeg

Slow Shutter
559F9963-6BEC-46E1-B95D-752C8E07C023.jpeg

Bluristic
FAB552D7-2968-4C4F-B0D4-1CBCFEB0B64F.jpeg

I’m not getting the hang of Bluristic. There’s two ways to capture, live and video. I like the video better, but there aren’t any choices like motion or light trails. Or am I missing something?

In my attempts to get the hang of these slow shutter apps, I looked at some YouTube videos (not many on Bluristic) and binge watching Hawkeye and stealing scenes from the shows. I imagine it‘s cheating but it’s the only way I’m going to get images of NYC.
Moment
View attachment 174531

Slow Shutter
View attachment 174532
Bluristic
View attachment 174533

I’m not getting the hang of Bluristic. There’s two ways to capture, live and video. I like the video better, but there aren’t any choices like motion or light trails. Or am I missing something?
You didn't miss anything, I think. Bluristic doesn't have a Light Trails mode. It's a bit of a different animal from Slow Shutter Cam or Moment in slow shutter mode. Bluristic's Blur mode is roughly the same as Motion mode in SSC. The Additive mode is a bit like Light Trails, I suppose, The Negative mode doesn't have any equivalent in SSC.

I'd never tried Video mode in Bluristic until you mentioned it just now. I think I prefer Live mode because I can see the image develop as I shoot, while in video mode it looks like I can only apply the A/N/B effects after the shot. Often times, I change my camera movements while shooting according to what I see developing on the screen.

You didn't miss anything, I think. Bluristic doesn't have a Light Trails mode. It's a bit of a different animal from Slow Shutter Cam or Moment in slow shutter mode. Bluristic's Blur mode is roughly the same as Motion mode in SSC. The Additive mode is a bit like Light Trails, I suppose, The Negative mode doesn't have any equivalent in SSC.

I'd never tried Video mode in Bluristic until you mentioned it just now. I think I prefer Live mode because I can see the image develop as I shoot, while in video mode it looks like I can only apply the A/N/B effects after the shot. Often times, I change my camera movements while shooting according to what I see developing on the screen.
I‘m still sitting here binge shooting Hawkeye. I misunderstood the live mode, thinking it was a snap sort of thing. Now that I see you hold it I like it better. Just changed over to additive. Do you ever use the “dropped frames” thing?

Moment
View attachment 174531

Slow Shutter
View attachment 174532
Bluristic
View attachment 174533

Teds terse probably the go to guy for Bluristic. I always find the best way to master an app is to use it exclusively for a day or two. I love Bluristic and it’s definitely worth the effort. I almost exclusively use the B blend setting

Teds terse probably the go to guy for Bluristic. I always find the best way to master an app is to use it exclusively for a day or two. I love Bluristic and it’s definitely worth the effort. I almost exclusively use the B blend setting
Yup, terse Ted stopped in. (See above) JillyG and ImageArt have also posted some super images. I was liking the N mode in the past but did not spend the time for a real learning experience. Today my subject was a TV show so conditions didn’t change much. To further boggle my mind, I was also using Moment and Slow Shutter Cam. As I go through my hundred or so shots, I will sort out which was which and start to work it out, I hope. I also tried Cam Trails. I found it too frustrating. Maybe after I sort through the other three apps, I can spend some time on that.

I found a new app for video motion blur which looks interesting. It’s called Blendeo. It’s been around for a while but I can’t find many examples so I’m figuring that it falls short somehow yet it seems quite powerful. If you don’t pay the subscription it puts watermarks all over so maybe that’s what turns people off it. Reviews on the app store says it crashes on export but I didn’t find that. It has one glowing review.

I figured taking stills from the video would be useful.

Here are two good examples:

I found a new app for video motion blur which looks interesting. It’s called Blendeo. It’s been around for a while but I can’t find many examples so I’m figuring that it falls short somehow yet it seems quite powerful. If you don’t pay the subscription it puts watermarks all over so maybe that’s what turns people off it. Reviews on the app store says it crashes on export but I didn’t find that. It has one glowing review.

I figured taking stills from the video would be useful.

Here are two good examples:

That first one was especially cool. Oh dear, another one in the mix….:fearscream:

I was liking the N mode in the past but did not spend the time for a real learning experience.
I like it, too. These days, I always pull the shadows way up afterwards to see what it looks like and then adjust to taste. There's often quite a bit of detail in a dark N mode shot, plus it often has the most painterly look of the three options. I also usually shoot without any trackers, unless I'm doing a moving water shot.

Back
Top Bottom