Mobi52 Starzee’s Project 52

I like it, too. These days, I always pull the shadows way up afterwards to see what it looks like and then adjust to taste. There's often quite a bit of detail in a dark N mode shot, plus it often has the most painterly look of the three options. I also usually shoot without any trackers, unless I'm doing a moving water shot.
I haven’t used any markers. I want a painterly look. I’ve only experimented with the adjusts a little. Thanks for jumping in with all the info. I do believe I’m making progress!

Last edited:
I found a new app for video motion blur which looks interesting. It’s called Blendeo. It’s been around for a while but I can’t find many examples so I’m figuring that it falls short somehow yet it seems quite powerful. If you don’t pay the subscription it puts watermarks all over so maybe that’s what turns people off it. Reviews on the app store says it crashes on export but I didn’t find that. It has one glowing review.

I figured taking stills from the video would be useful.

Here are two good examples:

A quick look at Blendeo and I’m impressed. I love that I can go back to any point during the recording and save the image. You also can switch from motion blur to light trails to compare options. Without a subscription it‘s watermarked by birds.
Oscar Goldman from 6 Million Dollar Man (this is how Mike spends his mornings while I’m working)
5659EB64-ACD6-4144-92BA-E5E4759645FF.jpeg

The subscription is $29.99 a year for the casual user. There are other, more pricey options. Not too bad, I suppose.

My photo club visited the local museum for the annual Quilts=Art=Quilts show. I am constantly stunned at the talented fabric artists that are represented. This particular quilt brought tears to my eyes with its beauty and work.
C1F369D1-E319-4ED5-B187-B8E52903FD50.jpeg

A close up of the detail
2770F24A-C891-4A0E-999B-2D2A6E42AC38.jpeg

My photo club visited the local museum for the annual Quilts=Art=Quilts show. I am constantly stunned at the talented fabric artists that are represented. This particular quilt brought tears to my eyes with its beauty and work.
View attachment 174617
A close up of the detail
View attachment 174618
I remember the first time Lorraine took me to the local Pajaro Valley Quilt Association show at the county fairgrounds, probably 10 or 12 years ago. It was stunning. Such imaginative work heading off in all different directions and all beautifully executed. I haven't been to a show recently, but at the time, I was also struck by the collegial atmosphere among the quilters, much the same as mobile photographers around the same time.

Back
Top Bottom