Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

1/12
Took a couple others, but posting my oops.
4A536232-E306-4E53-9D9A-95F4AFFC2678.jpeg

1/16
Pixelated fox. Used zoom then cropped in photos. It’s only in the last two years we’ve begun see fluffy healthy fox around here. There was a rabies problem.
View attachment 175477
It’s a joy seeing healthy foxes. Quite a few around here. One of my happiest moments was when I met two fox puppies on my daily walk. Here too they are healthier now than before when almost all of them were infected by fox scabies.

It’s a joy seeing healthy foxes. Quite a few around here. One of my happiest moments was when I met two fox puppies on my daily walk. Here too they are healthier now than before when almost all of them were infected by fox scabies.
I feel the same way. They are beautiful! In fact all wild creatures are beautiful to me. I love stumbling on bunnies, too. But then so do the foxes. :eek:

-18c right? I don't think I'd even leave the house :eek:
As ubbyisis Eva has mentioned, it a sunny, calm day. The sun was warming and the snow squeaky, the kids across the street were loading up sleds in the car, off to some unknown hill. That is the perfect winter day. But if you take away the sun and add wind…..everyone is holed up inside. :eek:

That is soooo cool! Did this only happen the once? What a treasured video! Thank you for sharing that.
Before the council provided big bins, we had loads of foxes. On rubbish (garbage) collection days they used to break into the black bags to forage. There are fewer since the bins stopped this but around the time of that video, a vixen brought her cubs into the garden. We also had a fox who used to come and lie under the big tree at the end of the garden because it had a bare dry patch with the full sun shining on it. Tom took a brilliant picture with his DSLR of a fox sleeping in the rockery at the very end of the garden. We also suspect that at one time we had a badger because an animal used to come and tear up the lawn. The secret was to throw peanuts over the back garden gate to fill it up and stop it looking for grubs. We also definitely have hedgehogs. I saw a massive one once when we were sitting outside in summer after dusk.

Before the council provided big bins, we had loads of foxes. On rubbish (garbage) collection days they used to break into the black bags to forage. There are fewer since the bins stopped this but around the time of that video, a vixen brought her cubs into the garden. We also had a fox who used to come and lie under the big tree at the end of the garden because it had a bare dry patch with the full sun shining on it. Tom took a brilliant picture with his DSLR of a fox sleeping in the rockery at the very end of the garden. We also suspect that at one time we had a badger because an animal used to come and tear up the lawn. The secret was to throw peanuts over the back garden gate to fill it up and stop it looking for grubs. We also definitely have hedgehogs. I saw a massive one once when we were sitting outside in summer after dusk.
No need to visit the zoo then :) Must have been wonderful with the fox cubs:inlove:

It’s too bad they used to break into the garbage bags. The crows do that around here, if you put the the trash out too early. But all the wildlife around your house makes it seem like you are out in the country. We have a menagerie around here, too. No fox, but a lot of deer (5 laying about the backyard on Saturday), woodchucks, squirrels, even an all black squirrel I’m trying to get a shot of and skunks. :eek:. I even had to let a raccoon out of Rosie’s fence one time. We live at the edge of the village. Still nothing as unique as a fox playing with a cat….

Back
Top Bottom