Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

12/16
Jeanie and I had to switch our museum day to Friday this week. We are working on cataloging the hat collection. They are asking us to catalog and photograph each hat. Here’s our set up. I don’t know why the face was turned backwards, perhaps to be gender neutral.
0A8B12F2-A3CC-42F5-B01F-C5B7C7A85685.jpeg

Here’s another hat. I had expect much fancier hats. This is the most ornate of the day. I turned the head around for my shot. I’m thinking of using it in a collage.
10DFAEEA-BE29-4990-B0B7-6BFC63D04D60.jpeg

Same with TinType. All work and no play, you know…..
2DC00AEA-C35C-4FF2-8B37-A83780EE3322.jpeg

12/16
Jeanie and I had to switch our museum day to Friday this week. We are working on cataloging the hat collection. They are asking us to catalog and photograph each hat. Here’s our set up. I don’t know why the face was turned backwards, perhaps to be gender neutral.
View attachment 188271
Here’s another hat. I had expect much fancier hats. This is the most ornate of the day. I turned the head around for my shot. I’m thinking of using it in a collage.
View attachment 188272
Same with TinType. All work and no play, you know…..
View attachment 188273

Nice - I think it works well just like that - I can also see it having many uses in collages :thumbs:

12/19
A bit of a cheat day. Our usual schedule was disrupted by the need to go to the grocery store in Auburn early to buy supplies for our Yule Brunch. I forgot to take an image of anything except the grocery list. I already used that cheat once. :rolleyes:
So hear another image from Sunday. It looks alarming but in reality it is a very cool new tradition that came from Covid. The Poort Byron Fire Dept, used to have a Christmas Party every year at the firehouse. Cookies, hot chocolate, Santa and a gift for every child. Of course Covid shut that down. These dedicated volunteers came up with a Santa parade of firetrucks. They have a sign up, then wind through the village streets with a brief stop, a whistle or honk and a wave from Santa at the kid’s houses. People have started to line the street. I admit, I went out on the porch and waved to Santa, myself.
44586895-D905-4F98-AC93-586BA01B4903.jpeg

How cold is it where you live? I’ve seen horrible temperatures in the news
Today our promised blizzard conditions arrived. This morning it was a balmy 35ºF (2ºC). We were able to get our walk in. It started raining as we neared the end. Shortly after the temperature began falling and the rain turned to snow. Now, about 6 hrs later, it’s 15ºF (-9ºC) with wind gusts over 40MPH. YeeHaa! (That was sarcasm……) :D

Today our promised blizzard conditions arrived. This morning it was a balmy 35ºF (2ºC). We were able to get our walk in. It started raining as we neared the end. Shortly after the temperature began falling and the rain turned to snow. Now, about 6 hrs later, it’s 15ºF (-9ºC) with wind gusts over 40MPH. YeeHaa! (That was sarcasm……) :D
Doesn’t sound nice at all. Here we got a weather change from rainy and windy to sunny, cold and clear sky. -10 right now and starry sky. I hope your weather won’t get worse. I read about temps around minus 50 :alien:

Doesn’t sound nice at all. Here we got a weather change from rainy and windy to sunny, cold and clear sky. -10 right now and starry sky. I hope your weather won’t get worse. I read about temps around minus 50 :alien:
Eek! That must be someplace else (even for a wind chill temp that’s pretty low). In my time I have seen -25 once.

Eek! That must be someplace else (even for a wind chill temp that’s pretty low). In my time I have seen -25 once.
This is what we can read here. I used Google Translate from Swedish to English.

Two-thirds of the US population lives in areas where warnings have been issued due to the extreme cold, AFP reports. Millions of Americans are missing out on Christmas vacations as thousands of flights are canceled. In large areas, car travel is "dangerous or impossible," according to a statement from the United States Meteorological Institute.
The institute warns people not to go out at all. The low temperatures can lead to frostbite within minutes, and longer stays to hypothermia or death. Temperatures down to minus 53 degrees Celsius have been measured.
23 states had widespread power outages on Friday. Schools, authorities and shops have been closed, according to Bloomberg.

This is what we can read here. I used Google Translate from Swedish to English.

Two-thirds of the US population lives in areas where warnings have been issued due to the extreme cold, AFP reports. Millions of Americans are missing out on Christmas vacations as thousands of flights are canceled. In large areas, car travel is "dangerous or impossible," according to a statement from the United States Meteorological Institute.
The institute warns people not to go out at all. The low temperatures can lead to frostbite within minutes, and longer stays to hypothermia or death. Temperatures down to minus 53 degrees Celsius have been measured.
23 states had widespread power outages on Friday. Schools, authorities and shops have been closed, according to Bloomberg.
Wow! I couldn’t find anything about -53º, but the news comes on in a few minutes. It’s almost 6am here. We didn’t get the snow but the wind is still 20mph with gusts over 40MPH. I can’t see outside yet, but I can see by the street lights the road isn’t plowed. All the schools in our area were closed yesterday, in fact they announced they would be closed on Friday the day before. Our thermometer says 7.3º. The electricity went off briefly twice yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom