Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

He looks a bit lonely up there and has to compete with football as well!
I really don’t get why the TV was on during his performance, but Mike was happy to listen to the music and keep an eye on his Giants. :rolleyes: Personally I enjoyed the soccer game the kids got going in the lawn much more.

As an aside, a friend went over Port Byron in a hot air balloon yesterday and sent us this photo. Taken on an iPhone SE.
View attachment 185634
Oooh, this makes me feel a bit odd. My “friends” gave me a voucher for a hot air balloon ride for my 50th birthday. :rolleyes:I enjoyed the experience, but I wouldn’t do it again (I don’t like heights). The landing was a bit traumatic. I was amazed at how much you can hear - the sounds travel upwards so easily. They bought me a Teddy to take up with me!
B08B5A35-ADF4-403C-89C0-100C4654134D.jpeg

Treleaven has become our favorite venue for catching live music early in the day. They have music every Sunday from 1-3. Most of the time there’s no cover. This is why, music in the shelter, kids and dogs in the field.
View attachment 185694
The performer, Patrick Young, came over and serenaded us at our table.
View attachment 185695
He looks like someone has asked him drink his own … er … pee, and he’s singing a blues song about it.:lol:

Oooh, this makes me feel a bit odd. My “friends” gave me a voucher for a hot air balloon ride for my 50th birthday. :rolleyes:I enjoyed the experience, but I wouldn’t do it again (I don’t like heights). The landing was a bit traumatic. I was amazed at how much you can hear - the sounds travel upwards so easily. They bought me a Teddy to take up with me!
View attachment 185722
I would never…..Mike and I have added an observation tower to our daily walk 3 flights. I have to just stare and the stairs and not look around so I don’t get all vertigo-y and panicky. :lmao: That teddy is so perfect!

I would never…..Mike and I have added an observation tower to our daily walk 3 flights. I have to just stare and the stairs and not look around so I don’t get all vertigo-y and panicky. :lmao: That teddy is so perfect!
I still remember when my mother forced me to go up in the tower of Saint Pauls cathedral. I was 14 years old and I still haven’t forgot nor forgiven. I was terrified and my legs were shaking. But I reached the top of the stairs. Going down was even worse.

I still remember when my mother forced me to go up in the tower of Saint Pauls cathedral. I was 14 years old and I still haven’t forgot nor forgiven. I was terrified and my legs were shaking. But I reached the top of the stairs. Going down was even worse.
Agree with the going down part. That’s when my vertigo really kicks in. Funny (not funny) what parents will do on the basis of “she’ll get over it.“

9/21
Museum Day.
Unique find of the day….wooden shoes
9B53AFF3-9BC9-4BB1-A97E-A02D886D513E.jpeg

Why you don’t stomp out fire with a wooden shoe
D317CEB5-247E-49DC-9E56-6A5388C733C9.jpeg

There were two pair that were carved wood on the bottom but leather on the top. These had horseshoe like thingies on the bottom. Taps for clogging?
254DDCF4-F722-450A-8AA3-3B2D15F3F203.jpeg

I have not a clue and I can’t find anything online.
Apparently, they’re called clog irons or cokers and, according to Mylearning the metal ‘clog irons’ are attached to the soles, to protect against wear and tear. It is the metal on the soles that creates the distinctive sound associated with clog dancing - and they also produced sparks when struck against cobbles or sets. A favourite pastime of clog-wearing children was to slide along the roads producing showers of sparks!

Apparently, they’re called clog irons or cokers and, according to Mylearning the metal ‘clog irons’ are attached to the soles, to protect against wear and tear. It is the metal on the soles that creates the distinctive sound associated with clog dancing - and they also produced sparks when struck against cobbles or sets. A favourite pastime of clog-wearing children was to slide along the roads producing showers of sparks!
Your search was way more successful than mine. Thank you!

9/23
To the Schwienfurth to see the members show.
My entry on the wall. (Not a big deal, I pay a membership every year for this right!:D)
F4D16798-BB0B-4219-B28E-A42B2DB051CC.jpeg

What I call the best in show. Amazing work in alabaster. I should have taken photos 360º.
CAA3BA9F-8F01-45F9-BC24-896AA4E81047.jpeg

9/25
We went to Lunkenheimers to listen to some live music. It was a duo and they were very good. No photos Of them, though. I couldn’t really see beyond the accompanying entourage.
View attachment 185936
Cool reflection
View attachment 185935
I realize when I read this that I often get disappointed when we are at concerts or similar events. There are ALWAYS taller people in front or people who talks and laughs or both. I end up being mad instead of enjoying the event. And poor Linus is even shorter than me. The front rows should belong to the not-so-tall people :)

I realize when I read this that I often get disappointed when we are at concerts or similar events. There are ALWAYS taller people in front or people who talks and laughs or both. I end up being mad instead of enjoying the event. And poor Linus is even shorter than me. The front rows should belong to the not-so-tall people :)
We tend to go to small places but quite often the people that come with the performers (friends and family) take the tables directly in front of the band and talk all through the show. Often they fail to order drinks or food, bringing their own and not supporting the establishment that is paying the band to start with. And yes, us shorties should get front row center!

Back
Top Bottom