Mobi365 Starzee Project 365-2022

10/4
Guess all I have it the same one I posted in the MCC.
EBDBC441-E9CF-4F96-B1CC-41C15B80BE07.jpeg

Wow, this is fantastic :thumbs: Was this just a very happy coincidence or were you standing there for a while waiting for something like this? I don’t know if iOTM October is open yet but I must remember to nominate this shot:inlove:
We walk here every morning. The geese are heading south and there are millions of them flying in and out. So, while I did scramble to get the camera out when I saw the opportunity, it wouldn’t have been long til another gaggle came along. :D

We walk here every morning. The geese are heading south and there are millions of them flying in and out. So, while I did scramble to get the camera out when I saw the opportunity, it wouldn’t have been long til another gaggle came along. :D
A few days ago it was DH who wanted to go fishing at your place. Today it’s me who wants go shooting geese :whistle:

A few days ago it was DH who wanted to go fishing at your place. Today it’s me who wants go shooting geese :whistle:
There are families around here who nearly never shop. They hunt, fish and even ice fish. They grow huge gardens in the summer. They live like our ancestors and are proud of it. We have one friend who lives off the grid. He has solar panels for his electricity and a wood stove for heat. He had to install a fence to keep the deer out of his garden.

10/7
We took a 4 hour ride north to Lowville, NY to do some leaf peeping and hit up the Cheese Producers Store. It was drizzling for most of the ride up but the sun popped through as the leaves turned brighter and oranger. This is our yearly thing. North this week, our area next week and the week after that we’ll head south. The leaves around here peak out that way. The ride was lovely, and we came home with 4 kinds of cheese and cooking grade maple syrup. Mmmmmm.
0253F04C-0D97-4967-B517-07986A50E9FE.jpeg

There are families around here who nearly never shop. They hunt, fish and even ice fish. They grow huge gardens in the summer. They live like our ancestors and are proud of it. We have one friend who lives off the grid. He has solar panels for his electricity and a wood stove for heat. He had to install a fence to keep the deer out of his garden.
Sounds like a wonderful place! And just the sort of area to park a THOW… :thinking:

10/7
We took a 4 hour ride north to Lowville, NY to do some leaf peeping and hit up the Cheese Producers Store. It was drizzling for most of the ride up but the sun popped through as the leaves turned brighter and oranger. This is our yearly thing. North this week, our area next week and the week after that we’ll head south. The leaves around here peak out that way. The ride was lovely, and we came home with 4 kinds of cheese and cooking grade maple syrup. Mmmmmm.
View attachment 186346
This could almost be England with those wind turbines! Last night, we had local cheeses and some fabulous pickled onions for supper last night. :D

This could almost be England with those wind turbines! Last night, we had local cheeses and some fabulous pickled onions for supper last night. :D
We are doing about the same tonight. Those cheeses, pastrami that I brined and smoked, my pickled giardeneria, beets and onions. (All pickled separately) and some grapes. Yum!

10/10
incredible. This time of year there are millions of geese and ducks at Montezuma Wildlife Refuge. We have been walking there all summer. Yesterday (yeah, I post a day late) we had the most incredible experience. At any time 99% of the birds are in the ponds and you don’t see them unless you have binoculars or a spotting scope. At the end of our walk we decided to go through Wildlife Drive. As we were going along a pair of bald eagle skimmed across the biggest pond and roused a ruckus. Not the best of photos, but all those black dots in the air are geese and ducks. The noise was incredible.
A890C7C5-8F2B-4001-B12C-601AC9100115.jpeg

Then in the afternoon we went to the Merry go Round Playhouse to see our first ever Broadway style show. Photos were not allowed during the musical, but here’s the stage before. Afterward we signed up for season tickets next year. The show was “Ain’t Misbehavin’”
2129F699-C624-4FBD-9CA5-56580D7E6E58.jpeg

10/10
incredible. This time of year there are millions of geese and ducks at Montezuma Wildlife Refuge. We have been walking there all summer. Yesterday (yeah, I post a day late) we had the most incredible experience. At any time 99% of the birds are in the ponds and you don’t see them unless you have binoculars or a spotting scope. At the end of our walk we decided to go through Wildlife Drive. As we were going along a pair of bald eagle skimmed across the biggest pond and roused a ruckus. Not the best of photos, but all those black dots in the air are geese and ducks. The noise was incredible.
View attachment 186492
Then in the afternoon we went to the Merry go Round Playhouse to see our first ever Broadway style show. Photos were not allowed during the musical, but here’s the stage before. Afterward we signed up for season tickets next year. The show was “Ain’t Misbehavin’”
View attachment 186493
Must have been magic with all the birds. Perhaps you got the same feeling as we got when we had all those cranes here yesterday :thumbs::)

That is sooooo cool!!! I love that sound. Gooseapocalyse. :inlove:
Wait a minute….. my company (that I worked at for 20 years) produces Ain’t Misbehavin’ - I wonder if this was an Irving Street Rep/A. Curtis Farrow production?? :eek: Do you have the Playbill?

That is sooooo cool!!! I love that sound. Gooseapocalyse. :inlove:

Wait a minute….. my company (that I worked at for 20 years) produces Ain’t Misbehavin’ - I wonder if this was an Irving Street Rep/A. Curtis Farrow production?? :eek: Do you have the Playbill?
It’s more like a Play-novella. I haven’t been to a show of any kind in years. It was brought to the Merry-Go -Round by The Rev. I’m not sure if they bring in touring companies or if they produce their own shows. This is what I believe is a Playbill. Page 15 of the novella. :lmao:
DEB990FA-7FDD-43E4-BD04-DBD49E26265B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom