• No miracles have occurred, so MobiTog will be closing its doors here on June15 and moving to Discord. Please see updates in the MobiTog Closing thread, including a link to join our Discord server.

Mobi365 Starzee Project 365 2023

10/12
After my tirade about the Mall expansion at Destiny USA, I found myself in the dreaded place for a photo reproduction with my friend, Kim.
Fortunately it didn’t take long and we didn’t have to go in too far.
IMG_0253.jpeg

1//19
We went to Ithaca again today for Mike to buy a new guitar. It worked out incredibly well. He was going to trade in his much loved Taylor guitar for a newer model Taylor and also brought his dad’s guitar to trade in. His father was a musician, too, and played is several bands, in the day. It is 55 year old Gibson. His dad had put stickers on it that spelled his name. It had mostly sentimental value. Or so we thought. As it turned out MIke was able to purchase his new Taylor, keep his current Taylor and pay about 1/4 of the price we thought he’d pay. It was like his dad bought him a new guitar! I should be posting a cool pic of Mike and his new axe but I FORGOT MY PHONE!!!! :oops:
So…. Here’s a dandelion that’s got it wrong. Silly flower.
IMG_0317.jpeg

1//19
We went to Ithaca again today for Mike to buy a new guitar. It worked out incredibly well. He was going to trade in his much loved Taylor guitar for a newer model Taylor and also brought his dad’s guitar to trade in. His father was a musician, too, and played is several bands, in the day. It is 55 year old Gibson. His dad had put stickers on it that spelled his name. It had mostly sentimental value. Or so we thought. As it turned out MIke was able to purchase his new Taylor, keep his current Taylor and pay about 1/4 of the price we thought he’d pay. It was like his dad bought him a new guitar! I should be posting a cool pic of Mike and his new axe but I FORGOT MY PHONE!!!! :oops:
So…. Here’s a dandelion that’s got it wrong. Silly flower.
View attachment 197165
I’ve seen some stupid dandelions here too. But I’m absolutely shocked to hear that you FORGOT YOUR PHONE :lol::inlove:

10/20
One view of our fall foliage trip. Most of this year’s was a disappointment the trees were either a dark copper color or gone. A few people mentioned to us that the smoke from the Canadian wildfires affected our color this year. I have no idea how that would work, but they were very muted in most places. This is a small exception.
IMG_1643.jpeg

10/20
One view of our fall foliage trip. Most of this year’s was a disappointment the trees were either a dark copper color or gone. A few people mentioned to us that the smoke from the Canadian wildfires affected our color this year. I have no idea how that would work, but they were very muted in most places. This is a small exception.
View attachment 197227
What a fantastic color explosion. I wish we had more of broad-leaved trees here.

Is Spoore a thing, like drumlin, or a family name, or...?
I have to double check the spelling again. There are several Spurs around here, short dead end roads named from the road they’re off of. Van Dyne is the only Spoore (Spore, Spoor) I’ve seen. Perhaps it’s a misspelling. There was hand painted sign just around the corner advertising “Vedges”. We assumed they meant Veggies. :D

I have to double check the spelling again. There are several Spurs around here, short dead end roads named from the road they’re off of. Van Dyne is the only Spoore (Spore, Spoor) I’ve seen. Perhaps it’s a misspelling. There was hand painted sign just around the corner advertising “Vedges”. We assumed they meant Veggies. :D
I plugged it into Google Translate, and in Dutch it means "track," so Van Dyne road, sort of? Is there Dutch influence around there?

I plugged it into Google Translate, and in Dutch it means "track," so Van Dyne road, sort of? Is there Dutch influence around there?
Great job, I think you are right. I mean, Van Dyne must be Dutch. By the way the Swedish corresponding word is ”spår”:geek::D

Back
Top Bottom