Tara's Project 52

FotoLumos

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Tara Lyn Joseph
5/52
Still Life with Stripey Socks

This one is for my fellow Mobitoggers who have commented on the socks that make occasional appearances in my photos. My band's costuming for our Ren Faire gigs includes striped socks, and over the last few years, I've accumulated quite a few.

So, here they all are...or, at least, the ones I could find at the time!

LrMobile0402-2016-0723126898061669097.jpeg

PureShot/Photoshop Fix/Mextures

LrMobile0402-2016-0934129906653729636.jpg

terse

IOTM Winner May, Nov 20; Jun, Jul, Dec 21; Oct 22
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone 14 Pro
Onsite
Project Page
5/52

This one is for my fellow Mobitoggers who have commented on the socks that make occasional appearances in my photos. My band's costuming for our Ren Faire gigs includes striped socks, and over the last few years, I've accumulated quite a few.

View attachment 73332

View attachment 73333
Nifty! A couple of them are surprisingly subtle (for striped socks).

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
Deep Purple 14 Pro Max
Onsite
Project Page
5/52

View attachment 73332

View attachment 73333
What a great collection.... makes me want to go sock shopping. :D

FotoLumos

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Tara Lyn Joseph
Oooo, that's a new one for me. Thanks.:notworthy:

I read about it somewhere and thought I'd give it a whirl. It's suppose to help the water drops hold their form a bit better. Not sure if it was the mixture or the spray bottle, but I noticed it took a moment or two for the drops to clear - they were a bit cloudy at first.

FotoLumos

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Tara Lyn Joseph
Ack! I'm behind!

9/52
Lafayette Hotel, San Diego

My band performed at the opening of an exhibit at The Museum of Man in San Diego (photos to follow). They put us up at this charming historic hotel.

LrMobile0703-2016-083218091893958767.jpeg

PureShot/Enlight/Lens Distortions

LrMobile0803-2016-045850473492225410.jpeg

PureShot/Photoshop Fix/LensLight/Mextures

FotoLumos

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Tara Lyn Joseph
10/52
Museum of Man, San Diego
Cannibals: Myth and Reality

My band performed at the opening gala for this fascinating exhibit. In case you're wondering what made us a good choice for this particular event, we sing a lot of songs about sailors...who are sometimes forced to resort to cannabalism when shipwrecked.

Fun Fact: it was common for shipwrecked sailors to draw straws to determine who was next on the menu. Short straw got eaten. Second shortest had to kill them.

The woman in the photo is a reconstruction of the skull, which was excavated from the Jamestown settlement in Virginia, and showed signs of cannibalism.

LrMobile0803-2016-042150435812195112.jpeg

PureShot/Stackables

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
10/52
Museum of Man, San Diego
Cannibals: Myth and Reality

My band performed at the opening gala for this fascinating exhibit. In case you're wondering what made us a good choice for this particular event, we sing a lot of songs about sailors...who are sometimes forced to resort to cannabalism when shipwrecked.

Fun Fact: it was common for shipwrecked sailors to draw straws to determine who was next on the menu. Short straw got eaten. Second shortest had to kill them.

The woman in the photo is a reconstruction of the skull, which was excavated from the Jamestown settlement in Virginia, and showed signs of cannibalism.

View attachment 74655
PureShot/Stackables
How cool that y'all were chosen to perform at the opening gala! Sounds like it's a really interesting exhibit.

Top Bottom