Terms of Service Site - tips on sharing content in general area?

odilonvert

Un-moderated me!...
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Jennifer Sharpe
If there's already a "box" somewhere here and I haven't found it, please forgive my newbie-ness and direct me there.

Because we are all content creators, I thought it'd be a good idea to have some hot spot on this site which addresses issues we can all get tangled in - good example, what happened with Instagram that infamous "time."

There is a site devoted to reading and explaining the fine, lawyerly print called Terms of Service; Didn't Read (tosdr.org, if you prefer acronym talk), that EVERYONE who posts content anywhere on the web should know about. They also rate sites and you can put some kind of thingy on your bookmark bar that actually displays a rating for the site, if it's been reviewed, when you get there (it's graded like on school papers - A, B, C, D, F). The site is kind of a watchdog for consumers, and an incentive for other sites to get a good rating, and it is actively updated.

Here is their main area, you can follow them in other places (like Twitter or FB) too, the main site I think though is the easiest place to follow them at:

http://tosdr.org/

I'd never heard of this before.... Sounds kind of like the new grading system they have in NYC for restaurants. Thanks for sharing this and it should serve as an interesting topic of discussion. :thumbs:

@odilonvert - Hmmm, interesting concept... :zip:

Thank you for bringing it to our attention Jennifer, we always appreciate news and updates such as this from our observant membership, not sure where best to place such info yet, food for thought... :thumbs:

I wonder though, who is going to rate the rater??? ... :sneaky:

I have read and agree to the Terms” is the biggest lie on the web. We aim to fix that.

Reading ToS;DR is in no way a replacement for reading the full terms to which you are bound.

ToS;DR = Fail... :rog:

I think their aim is to elucidate the lawerly terms that can be misleading/confusing, and to hold sites up to their word in terms of what they say vs what they do. Not to replace people's reading of them.

Their own statements are not clear in that case and I am not sure they are still active? Last blog entry is June last year... :rog:

And I am not keen that their ratings do not appear to be dated, nor refer to dates of the terms they rate?... :zip:

They seem to be most active on Twitter - the most recent message there was from today. I will ask them via direct message from there.

Back
Top Bottom