MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
My dad was in North Africa and Italy during WWII and then worked with UNESCO for a year after that before he came home. He had a small box of coins and notes from different countries, and given the date on this one, I'd guess he picked it up traveling around in the UNESCO period. He never mentioned being in the UK, so I'd guess he picked it up from a Brit he crossed paths with.

There's also an older and shabbier silver sixpence that I'm cleaning up to do a macro.
What was he doing in Italy? Was he a prisoner of war? My dad was in North Africa and got taken at Tobruk. Was then a prisoner of war in Italy.

terse

IOTM Winner - May & Nov 2020 & June & July 2021
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
What was he doing in Italy? Was he a prisoner of war? My dad was in North Africa and got taken at Tobruk. Was then a prisoner of war in Italy.
No, not so dramatic. As the Allied front moved from North Africa and up through Italy, he was charged with helping the villages and towns put the pieces back together after the war had rolled through. He didn't talk about it much but did say once the people were so traumatized that all the social structures and social bonds had broken down.

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
1259DB47-11CC-4278-8E76-A78A9B1FCE54.jpeg

A hawk with a moon but no handsaw

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs

Note: Though the picture shows Grace Slick, the female vocalist in the recording is Signe Anderson, the band's original singer.

Last edited:

Starzee

IOTM Winner - July 2020
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone 13 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
oohh thats gorgeous, you can almost smell the brine.
Thanks, I was really happy with the way the light through the waves came out.

terse

MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
Wow, that’s quite a cluster. They look huge, but maybe you were on your belly up close.:rolleyes:
I was crouching but not flopping -- it was wet! They were each around 3 inches wide, give or take.