terse fragments

what Star said. Also, do you have a BW version?
I do now :D

DCEBF32A-6647-4012-8D5B-1871B63DB665.jpeg

I think the color version works a bit better for the bouquet and veil, but what do I know? :lol:

referring to face-mask policy?

what a catch! Were you waiting for her to fly by?
If you peer in closely, you can see it used to say Facebook until someone sprayed "bum rumors" over it.

For the pelican, yes, sort of. There was a feeding frenzy going on just off the wharf, so I was hanging out, snapping pictures of the ones who zoomed by as they circled around and then dove into the water (followed closely by seagulls who'd try to steal their catch).

I do now :D

View attachment 159603

I think the color version works a bit better for the bouquet and veil, but what do I know? :lol:

I think that’s a strength. What spoke to me in the colour version was the ‘hang on, what‘s that?’ when I noticed the bit of veil and bouquet tucked into the corner of the bench seat. It’s a bit of a surprise - and the bit of gauzy veil and incomplete bouquet is such a contrast to the sturdiness of all the wood and stone around. I like that (as I suspected it would) the BW leaves the veil/bouquet a bit insubstantial and mysterious, and shows up the now equally mysterious couid-be petals (?) between the bench and the water (!)

like Starzee says, every picture . . . This one clearly kept me engaged for a while :)

edit/PS: You should never have posted that Empty Wheelchair On Cliff Edge image is all I can say :mobibabe:

the size of that datura/angels trumpet (?) Love those blooms -was it fragrant ?
(They even die beautifully :lmao: )
Not that I noticed, but I was just walking by on my way back to my car and only stopped for a sec to snap the pic. It was the one detached trumpet clinging to the (purple stove door?) that caught my eye.

Aren’t these gorgeous. And I see some of them have blue plaques - for famous people, or just because they’re old? I bet they’re really expensive to buy.
Well-spotted on the plaques. The answer is: Because they're old. (Not too many famous people from Santa Cruz other than Zasu Pitts, whose house is a few blocks aways.) Zillow says the first one is 6 bedrooms and pegs it around $2 million. The others are all $1 million plus. The plaques are a mixed blessing, as being on the historical register constrains what you can do to the house.

The houses on the other side of the street are equally nice, but the street itself gets a fair amount of traffic. It's about two blocks from the small downtown.

Last edited:
Well-spotted on the plaques. The answer is: Because they're old. (Not too many famous people from Santa Cruz other than Zasu Pitts, whose house is a few blocks aways.) Zillow says the first one is 6 bedrooms and pegs it around $2 million. The others are all $1 million plus. The plaques are a mixed blessing, as being on the historical register constrains what you can do to the house.

The houses on the other side of the street are equally nice, but the street itself gets a fair amount of traffic. It's about two blocks from the small downtown.
I’d never heard of ZaSu (Sayzoo) Pitts, but she was quite an actress. What a time she must have lived through.

Not too many famous people from Santa Cruz other than Zasu Pitts, whose house is a few blocks aways.)
I’d never heard of ZaSu (Sayzoo) Pitts, but she was quite an actress. What a time she must have lived through.

I looked her up, too. What a filmography! And looks like she made movies till the day (or month or year) that she died.

Back
Top Bottom