terse fragments

Bladerunner Santa Cruz (A new entry in the franchise)

12986907-FD57-4C35-84DC-C8F643F9AF2A.jpeg

That looks like an interesting place.
It is. It's a state park that was a working ranch and runs from the coast up into the hills. Around the house here, there's a cluster of the old ranch buildings, including workshops where they have demos during non-COVID times. Lots of old machinery around plus some sheep, goats, and chickens. Lots of trails also -- I haven't explored them all yet. It's only a few minutes north of Santa Cruz, so it's easy to get to, and I buy a day pass for the state parks each year.

Fabulous how did you capture this effect?
As best I can remember...

I took several shots of the building using Slow Shutter Cam (probably 1/4 second) with vertical camera motion, and then I think I blended them using a stack in Affinity Photo. The filter that changed the colors I'm not certain of, but at a guess it was in iColorama, one of the oddball blend modes like Difference or Exclusion. (I'm pretty sure it was iColorama because almost all the metadata was wiped out, which iC has a habit of doing.)

As best I can remember...

I took several shots of the building using Slow Shutter Cam (probably 1/4 second) with vertical camera motion, and then I think I blended them using a stack in Affinity Photo. The filter that changed the colors I'm not certain of, but at a guess it was in iColorama, one of the oddball blend modes like Difference or Exclusion. (I'm pretty sure it was iColorama because almost all the metadata was wiped out, which iC has a habit of doing.)
Definitely did the job. The only app there on my list is Slow Shutter Cam, always been curious about iColorama

The only app there on my list is Slow Shutter Cam, always been curious about iColorama
You can get a similar blending effect in any layering app, but it's a bit trickier as you have to progressively reduce the opacity of layers as you stack them up. Since I already had Affinity Photo, it was easier to do it that way. And iColorama... Quirky barely begins to describe that rabbit hole of an app, but it does some neat stuff.

Back
Top Bottom