terse fragments

I particularly like the first.

Wow, I love these.

What he said.
Thanks. I agree about the first one -- it looks like it might go someplace if I followed that branch. My Camera Roll is littered with these discarded variants and often I don't remember why I didn't follow up a particular one (except that I must have thought that a different one looked more promising at the time).

8C0B4334-020C-41C8-BAF2-4559D7194631.jpeg

Well everybody's heard about the bird !
Bird bird bird, the bird is the word !

What was the thinking with the crop in the 2nd one? Did you keep a full-size version?
The original of the wharf is a panorama made up of 7 or 8 (or maybe 9) side-by-side shots stitched in Affinity Photo. The result, though, had severe warping at the left end because of my point of view. Plus, it's a rather long wharf. If I'd printed it at 300 dpi, it would have been 11 inches high and 45 inches wide. :lmao: A 4:1 aspect ratio wouldn't fit well on MobiTog. So to rescue something from this folly, I took the photo from the right end of the wharf and cropped off a bit of extraneous stuff.

Oh, or were you talking about the crop/vignette on the Graphite image of Capitola? In that case, the rough borders are Graphite's default. I saved it both with and without and decided I liked this look better as looking less photographic.

Last edited:
Very pretty place, where is it?
Capitola is just south of Santa Cruz, a minute or two on the freeway. The section that you see here, around the beach, is what they call Capitola Village -- lots of little shops and a restaurant every six feet or so. Very picturesque. Lots of visitors and beach rentals in the summer, and not one but two psychics downtown. (The rest of Capitola, beyond what you see here, is typical California suburban sprawl.)

Capitola is just south of Santa Cruz, a minute or two on the freeway. The section that you see here, around the beach, is what they call Capitola Village -- lots of little shops and a restaurant every six feet or so. Very picturesque. Lots of visitors and beach rentals in the summer, and not one but two psychics downtown. (The rest of Capitola, beyond what you see here, is typical California suburban sprawl.)
It’s very pretty. Maybe one day... ;)

If you do, you might be able to stay in one of these candy-colored units of the Capitola Venetian, right on the beach.

image-jpeg.74489
Wow, these are are too cute! I’ll definitely get some tips from you whenever we travel again :inlove:

Back
Top Bottom