terse fragments

An experiment with the new release of Juxtaposer and its Magic Crop tool. Juxtaposer still only handles two layers, so it's not going to replace Superimpose or Leonardo for me, but the Magic Crop tool did work well for cutting an object out of a background in my simple test here. First image is the resulting composite; second image is the top layer source. To select the object that you want to cut out, you draw a crop rectangle around it. I thought it might not work on the source image because the rectangle necessarily included part of the sign that the guy is standing next to, but Juxtaposer handled it well. The result could use a bit of touch-up, and I made no attempt to blend the two images together, but I think it's a success.

B7A44677-3C02-416C-A0AB-DED0BBBC7EE3.jpeg

B60DAFD6-370D-4793-A423-F8957DE7F299.jpeg

An experiment with the new release of Juxtaposer and its Magic Crop tool. Juxtaposer still only handles two layers, so it's not going to replace Superimpose or Leonardo for me, but the Magic Crop tool did work well for cutting an object out of a background in my simple test here. First image is the resulting composite; second image is the top layer source. To select the object that you want to cut out, you draw a crop rectangle around it. I thought it might not work on the source image because the rectangle necessarily included part of the sign that the guy is standing next to, but Juxtaposer handled it well. The result could use a bit of touch-up, and I made no attempt to blend the two images together, but I think it's a success.

View attachment 161968

View attachment 161967
Thanks for the “heads up” just downloaded the update

Ahhhh, persimmons. I was wondering. That lovely waxy skin really shows up the water droplets. Lovely one Ted.
Taking pictures of the persimmon tree is a fall tradition. :D The leaves usually turn flaming orange first -- though they didn't do much this year -- and then they fall off leaving the persimmons hanging on the bare branches like ornaments. We don't get a lot of fall color in our yard, but the tree does its best to make up for that.

Back
Top Bottom