terse fragments

What is this place?
It's the Capitola Venetian, a group of madly colored condos and rentals. It sits on the beach with the bay in front of it, a river on one side, and the Capitola wharf on the other. It's just a few minutes south of Santa Cruz.

What a nice row of houses. Which one is Tim and Jackie’s?
I think the beachside row is all rental units. I'd guess Tim & Jackie were staying in the gray one, given where the signs are, but maybe they got one a bit more suitable for such a celebration. :D

Yes, what Kevin said. I particularly like that the buildings in the frame reflect the colours of it.
Frames like that have appeared in various spots around Santa Cruz. On the back of each one is a note and a QR Code -- they're going to be auctioned off for some cause or another.

E1F94CFE-B2D3-4483-B189-DD2154815AFB.jpeg

Human scale

What am I looking at?
It's a view from the back of Old 1298, the steam engine. On each side of the floor of the cab, there are these round openings. I have no idea what they're for or whether something used to fill that hole, but they give a view into some of the internals of the engine. This one is on the left side, so the driving wheels are to the left and the boiler to the right, somewhere.

It's a view from the back of Old 1298, the steam engine. On each side of the floor of the cab, there are these round openings. I have no idea what they're for or whether something used to fill that hole, but they give a view into some of the internals of the engine. This one is on the left side, so the driving wheels are to the left and the boiler to the right, somewhere.
Very steam punk-y. Not some place you expect to see a mechanical kitty.

Back
Top Bottom