terse fragments

463F62F1-BF14-4931-9497-0A48E9FEB587.jpeg

Mystic signs in the morning
(AKA Omens in the oatmeal)

Thanks, it was one success out of a number of botched attempts. The Moment macro needs to be really close to be in focus, which is a challenge for me and insects when handheld.
It inspired me to get my clip on macro out and yes you have to be virtually on top on something to get it to focus. I've a lot of arty blurry flowery images :lol:

How come the focus stack Ted, was your camera struggling with DOF?
Just for fun, mostly. It doesn't show so much in the 1500px version here, but both the foreground grass and the background trees are quite sharp. This was handheld. I'm planning to print an A3 version to see how well it comes through.

EDIT: It printed very nicely on A3, except that it showed up the ghosting around the roof line on the left side. Should have used a tripod.

Last edited:
Just for fun, mostly. It doesn't show so much in the 1500px version here, but both the foreground grass and the background trees are quite sharp. This was handheld, so there's a bit of ghosting in that tall piece of grass. I'm planning to print an A3 version to see how well it comes through.

Its a great shot, really is

WOTANICUS' photos of his Russian friends spurred me to take these off the shelf for a photo shoot (but not to shoot photos, sadly for them).

Jupiter-8 (f2 50mm) on a Zorki 6

View attachment 171204

Jupiter-12 (f2.8 35mm) on a Kiev IIa

View attachment 171205

Jupiter-9 (f2 85mm) on a FED 2

View attachment 171206
Only just spotted these! Gorgeous, the Soviets o such a great job overcomplicating apparently simple devices. Look at all those lovely dials and controls.

Back
Top Bottom