terse fragments

EE28C59F-3047-4C77-A1C0-2FE121E44B8B.jpeg

The off side of Squid Row

67091AD8-3611-4E95-953A-8598A74150F5.jpeg

Re-edit of a photo at Pigeon Point. (Original edit and OilBrush edit attached as thumbnails.)

Attachments

• A526B1D5-49B7-4408-8357-F5B4FCF74B7B.jpeg
    A526B1D5-49B7-4408-8357-F5B4FCF74B7B.jpeg
    493.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 30327E54-90C1-4654-B3D5-1318C09F014F.jpeg
    30327E54-90C1-4654-B3D5-1318C09F014F.jpeg
    410.5 KB · Views: 3
Love it in color too…still gives me a retro vibe, but not as much as the B&W. I don’t think it’s the guy in top hat and tails though. He could be deleted and it would still feel that way to me. Maybe it’s partly the stars and stripes… feels 50s July Fourth Americana.

Was this taken with your Moment tele? I took mine on holiday but I find the quality of the shot is no better than taking a straight native camera x2 zoom and cropping in. I’m really looking forward to a bigger zoom in the iPhone 14. There were a couple of times on my Namibian trip that I actually missed having a DSLR.
So from the first reports, it looks like the 3x tele is unchanged from the iPhone 13 Pro, but there's also now a 2x "optical" option that they get by grabbing the center 12mp from the 48mp sensor of the wide camera. And the 48mp sensor can be used either with pixel-binning to create a 12mp capture or -- if you're shooting ProRaw -- to get a straight 48mp capture.

And there's no slot for a physical sim card -- it's esim only. (Had to check, but my carrier Mint Mobile does support that.)

Moment now has cases for the 14 line, but currently they say the drop-in parts that their lenses mount to are 3D printed. They say

"The 3D printed versions available now are intended to bridge the gap between now and the time we can produce infection-molded Drop-In Mounts. They will securely hold Moment Lenses but are less durable than production mounts coming later.
3D prints aren’t recommended for long-term use and come with no warranty."

So from the first reports, it looks like the 3x tele is unchanged from the iPhone 13 Pro, but there's also now a 2x "optical" option that they get by grabbing the center 12mp from the 48mp sensor of the wide camera. And the 48mp sensor can be used either with pixel-binning to create a 12mp capture or -- if you're shooting ProRaw -- to get a straight 48mp capture.

And there's no slot for a physical sim card -- it's esim only. (Had to check, but my carrier Mint Mobile does support that.)

Moment now has cases for the 14 line, but currently they say the drop-in parts that their lenses mount to are 3D printed. They say

"The 3D printed versions available now are intended to bridge the gap between now and the time we can produce infection-molded Drop-In Mounts. They will securely hold Moment Lenses but are less durable than production mounts coming later.
3D prints aren’t recommended for long-term use and come with no warranty."
The UK versions still have the physical SIM cards. ESim not that big yet as far as I know. I’m surprised because with the Sim Card slot it makes it difficult to use in other countries. It might be the last version to have it. I’m disappointed that it hasn’t gone up to 4x but not going to wait another year I don’t think. Want the ProRaw option. Going to have to trade in my iPhone 11 Pro. Must start backing up….

The UK versions still have the physical SIM cards. ESim not that big yet as far as I know. I’m surprised because with the Sim Card slot it makes it difficult to use in other countries. It might be the last version to have it. I’m disappointed that it hasn’t gone up to 4x but not going to wait another year I don’t think. Want the ProRaw option. Going to have to trade in my iPhone 11 Pro. Must start backing up….
I’ve got the 11Pro too and am going to upgrade to the 14Pro Max in deep purple. :D

Back
Top Bottom