terse fragments

F8BCA707-529B-4978-B6EE-82AB80AA504A.jpeg

Old coot

Idle hands

It's raining, so I've been inside practicing some ICM moves. Taking some inspiration from Roxanne Overton (Instagram), I'm working on a different approach. Instead of using one of the slow shutter apps, I'm using regular camera apps in manual mode, with shutter speeds around 1/4 second (and ISO usually set as low as it will go). I chose the cabinet because of its strong verticals and used a fairly fast vertical pan, first shot with Camera+ and second with CameraPixels (but any manual camera app should do). I'm still working on getting a feel for the panning speed and on making the movement as vertical as possible, but I think the results are smoother than what I'd been getting with the slow shutter apps.

EDIT: Yes, I also amped the colors.

7EB03366-2E04-414B-9B71-0EC3E2F21CA1.jpeg

F9E19F39-B9C1-4CA8-A3B6-82BA3A9D4FA6.jpeg

Last edited:
Idle hands

It's raining, so I've been inside practicing some ICM moves. Taking some inspiration from Roxanne Overton (Instagram), I'm working on a different approach. Instead of using one of the slow shutter apps, I'm using regular camera apps in manual mode, with shutter speeds around 1/4 second (and ISO usually set as low as it will go). I chose the cabinet because of its strong verticals and used a fairly fast vertical pan, first shot with Camera+ and second with CameraPixels (but any manual camera app should do). I'm still working on getting a feel for the panning speed and on making the movement as vertical as possible, but I think the results are smoother than what I'd been getting with the slow shutter apps.

View attachment 188600

View attachment 188601
Gorgeous

Idle hands

View attachment 188600

View attachment 188601
I like it!

Thanks. I was following Roxanne Overton, as I said, and she shoots lots of ICM of city buildings. This cabinet was as close as I could come :lmao: And although she's written a couple of books about ICM, she's also an excellent colorist.
jangray Jan has been working with some ICM as well. I‘ve bookmarked her posts where she shares her inspiration. And I bookmark yours as well. Perhaps that’s a thing for my 365. :)

Edit: I popped over to my Instagram to follow Overton only to find out I already do. :lmao: How does that happen???

View attachment 188634

The end of the year seems like a good time to be working over past images. This one is a combo of three ICM images stacked in Affinity Photo, run though OilBrush, and then softened in Pixelmator Photo by pulling the Clarity slider all the way to the left.
I tend to forget about the stack feature in Affinity….I also never thought to use a clarity slider for anything but increasing clarity. Thanks for sharing you’re outside the box thinking! I very much like this image.

Love the colours!

Oh pelicans, i'm very envious :) They do look almost prehistoric don't they.
Thanks, at the shore we have pelicans, egrets, cormorants, gulls, and those tiny shorebirds with the long beaks that run around at high speed like some animated cartoon. The pelicans like to zoom up and down the coast on the wind in long straggling lines, sometimes up above the cliffs, other times skimming the waves.

Back
Top Bottom