terse fragments

ED32AAFD-0AFE-4DF6-ADD2-979329155238.jpeg

View attachment 190582

I was sure I'd posted this somewhere on MobiTog already, but I couldn't find it anywhere.
I decided I wanted to print this photo of Hodge on the bed. I couldn't find the original (it's around here somewhere), so I used the version I uploaded here, which is 1500 pixels by 1074 pixels, or 5 inches by 3.58 inches if I print at 300 dots per inch. I wanted to print larger, on a 13x19 inch sheet, so I uprez-ed the image to 3900 by 5447 pixels or 13 by 18.2 inches at 300 dpi, as close as I could come to filling the 13x19 sheet without cropping anything. The print (below) came out beautifully. I used a desktop app for resizing -- Topaz GigaPixel AI -- though Pixelmator Photo on the iPad also works well. The image I was working from was sharp to begin with, which helped.

941A7759-5370-40CF-A700-4981A27E2B49.jpeg

So it can be done! I think this photo could go even larger, but 13x19 is the limit of my printer (the Canon Pixma Pro-10 you see here).

Last edited:
I decided I wanted to print this photo of Hodge on the bed. I couldn't find the original (it's around here somewhere), so I used the version I uploaded here, which is 1500 pixels by 1074 pixels, or 5 inches by 3.58 inches if I print at 300 dots per inch. I wanted to print larger, on a 13x19 inch sheet, so I uprez-ed the image to 3900 by 5447 pixels or 13 by 18.2 inches at 300 dpi, as close as I could come to filling the 13x19 sheet without cropping anything. The print (below) came out beautifully. I used a desktop app for resizing -- Topaz GigaPixel AI -- though Pixelmator Photo on the iPad also works well. The image I was working from was sharp to begin with, which helped.

View attachment 190640

So it can be done! I think this photo could go even larger, but 13x19 is the limit of my printer (the Canon Pixma Pro-10 you see here).
I wound up getting an Epson ET8550 with the eco-tank. While I’ve printed many things on it, after the renovations on our house are done, I’ll be printing my stuff out in larger sizes. We decided to trash the ones that have been on the walls forever and upgrade. (treasured family pics, not included) I have those cool magnetic thumb tacks you recommended, too!

View attachment 190640

I wound up getting an Epson ET8550 with the eco-tank. While I’ve printed many things on it, after the renovations on our house are done, I’ll be printing my stuff out in larger sizes. We decided to trash the ones that have been on the walls forever and upgrade. (treasured family pics, not included) I have those cool magnetic thumb tacks you recommended, too!
Sometimes I wish I had the space for a nice photo printer, and the wall space to hang them…. I guess it’s probably good that I don’t. :cautious:

Last edited:
I wound up getting an Epson ET8550 with the eco-tank.
Excellent choice! It doesn't have as many colors as the bigger photo-only printers, but all reports are that it does excellent prints anyway, and ink costs are *much* lower. Lorraine has a similar Canon eco-tank printer and I frequently envy it when refilling and swapping in yet another set of tiny ink cartridges on my own printer.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wish I had the space for a nice photo printer, and the wall space to hang them…. I guess it’s probably good that I don’t. :cautious:
There are very small printers that only do 4x6 or 5x7 prints on special paper, like the Canon CP1500, but home photo printing is practically the definition of slippery slope, so go carefully :lmao:

There are very small printers that only do 4x6 or 5x7 prints on special paper, like the Canon CP1500, but home photo printing is practically the definition of slippery slope, so go carefully :lmao:
Yeah, I miss holding/viewing real photos. I still haven’t unpacked or opened my very large trunk which is filled partly with all my photo albums. :flushed:

There are very small printers that only do 4x6 or 5x7 prints on special paper, like the Canon CP1500
Just Googled it…. :cautious: Uh oh…..that looks way cool.

Yeah, I miss holding/viewing real photos. I still haven’t unpacked or opened my very large trunk which is filled partly with all my photo albums. :flushed:
I did print a bunch of 5x7 images which I stack upright in the bottom half of a small box so that I can flip through them and pull out ones I want to muse on. (These are photos that I use for inspiration.)

We used to have one or even two of those :rolleyes: I had totally forgotten about it, but now you reminded me. I wonder where they are hidden. One of them was a Kodak that came with a digital cam. It printed 4x6. The other one only printed in sizes like business cards.

Excellent choice! It doesn't have as many colors as the bigger photo-only printers, but all reports are that it does excellent prints anyway, and ink costs are *much* lower. Lorraine has a similar Canon eco-tank printer and I frequently envy it when refilling and swapping in yet another set of tiny ink cartridges on my own printer.
I haven’t had to refill it yet. Amazing!

Back
Top Bottom