Thank for the warm welcome!

Uuglypher

MobiStar
Real Name
Dave
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
I should have self-untried earlier, but since I expect to be around among this congenial crowd...now’s as good a time as any.
I am a retired prof of veterinary pathology whose diagnostic and research centered on diseases of free-living wildlife and captive wildlife animals. Photography has been a serious avocation since 1948 when my Dad started me making paper negatives using his out-dated Kodabromide enlarging paper in his grandfather’s 6x7 view camera. Then graduated from making and using dry glass plates and then - finally -film! I graduated to using Exaktas/ Exactas and some aspect of photography was part of almost every day during my academic career. I retired in 1998 and enjoyed a seamless transition to digital photography. During the past year I have become very impressed with the results to be obtained with full dynamic range raw captures using my iPhone11ProMax.
I’m looking forward to learning more about smartphone photography from you all!
Best t’ye,
Dave (uuglypher)

I should have self-untried earlier, but since I expect to be around among this congenial crowd...now’s as good a time as any.
I am a retired prof of veterinary pathology whose diagnostic and research centered on diseases of free-living wildlife and captive wildlife animals. Photography has been a serious avocation since 1948 when my Dad started me making paper negatives using his out-dated Kodabromide enlarging paper in his grandfather’s 6x7 view camera. Then graduated from making and using dry glass plates and then - finally -film! I graduated to using Exaktas/ Exactas and some aspect of photography was part of almost every day during my academic career. I retired in 1998 and enjoyed a seamless transition to digital photography. During the past year I have become very impressed with the results to be obtained with full dynamic range raw captures using my iPhone11ProMax.
Best t’ye,
Dave (uuglypher)

Sounds like you have a lot to teach, too, Dave - what a background! Career-wise, you would‘ve been part of the massive changes in biomedical, ethics, technology in animal science in the 60s & 70s? And you must’ve seen some huge changes in the disease profiles of both the free-living and the captive wildlife animals.

Did you photograph animals much back then? Now? If there’s a place where we can see some of your non-mobile photography, feel free to post a link. And do jump in to any of the challenges you‘d like to join in :thumbs:

Welcome to MobiTog Dave! So glad you joined us - what an interesting background you have! You’ll find lots of animal lovers here (and you’ll see below we even have a pet thread. :smilecat:) You have most definitely come to the right place to meet new people, learn about mobile photography and hone your skills. :thumbs: Take a look around, maybe join a challenge or two, and feel free to ask us any questions - our MobiCommunity are a super friendly and helpful bunch of mobile photography addicts enthusiasts!! :D

Here's some information that might prove useful as you find your way around:

At the bottom right on any page you'll see “Help” - click on that and it will bring you to our detailed help section. You can also click this link: https://mobitog.com/help/

Visit our "How Do I..." forum, where you'll find all sorts of tips and tricks to help you find your way around more easily: How Do I...

The MobiTog Community is set out in four main areas or sections:

Community
Here we welcome everyone, post announcements and take in your suggestions and comments.

Image Sharing
Self-explanatory and broken down into sub-sections clearly named to make it easy to find a topic of your choice. It is here that you post your images.

Mobitography Discussion
For general conversations and discussions about all things mobile photography related.

Members Area
An exclusive MobiMembers-only section. Feel free to discuss things with other members - and find out about Top Secret stuff not for public consumption!

Important note: Please remember that only images originated on a mobile device (iOS or Android) can be posted to this community. No pictures created on a DSLR or compact camera are allowed.

Handy Tip: At the top of the site you'll see "New Posts", and clicking/tapping on it will take you to all the unread new posts that occurred since your last visit. Note: If there's just too many there to deal with, and you're really anal like me you can go up to the top and select "Mark Discussions Read" - and choose just a specific area to 'clear out', for example App Discussions, or choose all discussions which will clear everything and allow you to sort of 'start fresh'. That way the next time you go into New Posts, there will just be the most recent posts since you "erased" everything.

Also when you hover over your username in the very top right, you have an option to choose "Ignore New Posts", and select any forums/discussions that you DON'T want to show up.

FUN STUFF!!
We have lots of great challenges to help hone your skills and have loads of fun doing it, like JillyG Jilly's Black & White Challenge, and for the color-minded we have MobiColor, zenjenny Jen’s outside-the-box APPstract Challenge, and lots more. Check them out in our Competitions & Challenges forum!!

We also have some wonderful on-going Community "drop-ins", like Sign Spotting, Shadow Selfies, Found Faces, MobiTattoos ;) , Our Grandchildren, Our Pets, and The MobiCafe.

Lastly, if you have any questions on anything at all be sure to give us a shout out!

Best t’ye,
Dave (uuglypher)
Hey Dave, welcome to Mobitog! Wow, you’ve got a very impressive background in photography. Do you still use a “proper” camera, as well as your iPhone? That’s pure curiosity - I just wonder how you feel the iPhone satisfies your photographic needs. :D If you need help with anything (anything - the conversations here are very eclectic!), just shout out.

Uuglypher - Hello Dave and very warm welcome to the Global Mobile Photography Community that is MobiTog, it is great to have you join us... :D

We are very pleased you have made it to our awesome community, you will find the community extremely relaxed and laid back, we look forward to helping you make the most of our family community... :thumbs:

Please feel free to join in with any and all the activities that you fancy - we welcome newcomers active participation with open arms and we look forward to seeing more of you within the community... :)

For help using MobiTog, general guidance and other assistance, including how to use the Gallery and post iMages, there are loads of useful items in the How Do I Section just click > HERE

And RoseCat has already given you even more helpful pointers, but the best advice is just to leap right in and join in anywhere and everywhere you fancy we are quite a friendly bunch really... ;)

Hopefully, you will enjoy our humble offerings and will then spread the word to all of your Mobile Photography addicted acquaintances, friends, family and everyone else you can think of to help us share the MobiLurve around the globe... :inlove:

If you should need any assistance at all figuring anything MobiTog, or Mobile Photography generally, just shout up, everyone here is so very helpful, otherwise just enjoy your new family of likewise addicted Mobile Photographers... :rog:

Hey Dave, welcome to Mobitog! Wow, you’ve got a very impressive background in photography. Do you still use a “proper” camera, as well as your iPhone? That’s pure curiosity - I just wonder how you feel the iPhone satisfies your photographic needs. :D If you need help with anything (anything - the conversations here are very eclectic!), just shout out.
Hi, Jilly, Thanks for the welcome.
Yes, I have a collection of analog and digital photography gear but after being relegated to Forster crutches or a wheel chair by a severely progressive peripheral neuropathy and Parkinsonian signs my ability to use my traditional gear has become severely limited. And then in February my wife presented me with an iPhone11ProMax. I can handle it easily and I’ve been blown away by the quality of image data quality obtainable- especially by raw capture. I won’t say that I won’t get back to my Sony and Canon gear, but I’m having far too much fun and gratification from iPhone photography to think about that right now!
I was an avid raw shooter with my trad gear, and am having a ball applying all my years of accumulated raw savvy to my IPhone! I do promise that I will continue my monologue on raw imagery with the iPhone that I began yesterday.
Thanks again for you kind greeting of welcome.best regards,
Dave

Best t’ye,
Dave (uuglypher)
It’s always great to be able to welcome a new member who has extensive ‘ordinary photography’ knowledge. There’s an expertise there which is invaluable to helping me further understand the iPhone camera so WELCOME DAVE! I really look forward to seeing some of your images.

I do hope you open a thread with some of your day to day shots. A bit like terse ‘s Terse Fragments. I find it useful to be able to see a member’s photos all in one place. :)

It’s always great to be able to welcome a new member who has extensive ‘ordinary photography’ knowledge. There’s an expertise there which is invaluable to helping me further understand the iPhone camera so WELCOME DAVE! I really look forward to seeing some of your images.

I do hope you open a thread with some of your day to day shots. A bit like terse ‘s Terse Fragments. I find it useful to be able to see a member’s photos all in one place. :)
As ImageArt Ann point out it’s great to have a thread of your own. That way you don't’ have to start a new one for every image and you have a sort of catalog of your posted work. Some us have a 365 for every year (or like me, a 52, because I’m not sure if I can do everyday). And some have just one thread to post in forever. You can even start one for now and join in the 365 madness in January, or even do a 365 from now until Sept 30. 2021.

Start here.https://mobitog.com/threads/jerry’s-catch-all.24216/page-12#post-456050
At the top of that page you see the various years of 365s and 52s, as you scroll passed those, you’ll see individual ongoing threads. Terse’s Fragments is one. juryjone Jerry’s Catchall and rizole Rizole Overexposed are others. Start you own thread there.

I hope I have explained this okay.

Back
Top Bottom