Thanks to Larry and Veevs!

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Larry has been using a lot of Orton effect from Dynamic Light lately, to beautiful effect. I decided to use this on an image I got from a free image site through someone I was helping with masking in iColorama. Here it is with Orton:
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374619233.502031.jpg

That foliage on the right is too electrically green for me, so I took it back through iColorama with the original image, painting back in the original foliage. Then I added a slight vignette.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374619341.838508.jpg

I liked that. But then I was reading Veevs' column on her top five apps over at The App Whisperer (http://theappwhisperer.com/2013/07/23/top-five-photo-apps-photo-app-lounge-vivi-veevs-hanson/ ) and she mentioned using Photo Copier and Glaze. I'd never used them together, so I took this picture through Photo Copier, Braque setting.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374619641.217214.jpg

And then I finished with a little Glaze. Neat!
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374619678.258302.jpg

Thank you!

Yes I am really liking DynaLight/DynamicLight lately. I like a generally less saturated look myself but everyone else that was looking at my pictures over the weekend likes the more saturated look. I have a bunch that people want some printed so I may have to see if my big HP printer will work (may have to get more ink). I really like the 'Orton' effect and most seemed to like it better. Always nice when people like what your doing :) I love the slightly soft look.

Like your pictures that are done like Veevs! I have admired her pictures and her process ever since I found this forum. I just bought PhotoCopier because of her pictures but have not played with it much yet.

Jerry, Larry thank you so much for your lovely comments! I love PhotoCopier! So many endless possibilities and what I like about it is that you can control the amount of texture and grain and colour if the filter is too strong. And Glaze, wow, well I love Glaze and use it a lot but blend it in to not have the whole image with the whole effect :D

Larry start playing with PhotoCopier - but I warn you so many different filters it takes forever to decide which one to use ;)

Wow cool stuff Jerry! :)
I would love to see how you used iColorama to paint back the foliage in its original colour.
This is one area of iColorama that I just cannot seem to get under the belt.

PS: Does anyone know howto access the brushes in the new iColorama for the iPhone?

Larry has been using a lot of Orton effect from Dynamic Light lately, to beautiful effect. I decided to use this on an image I got from a free image site through someone I was helping with masking in iColorama. Here it is with Orton:
View attachment 40524

That foliage on the right is too electrically green for me, so I took it back through iColorama with the original image, painting back in the original foliage. Then I added a slight vignette.
View attachment 40525

I liked that. But then I was reading Veevs' column on her top five apps over at The App Whisperer (http://theappwhisperer.com/2013/07/23/top-five-photo-apps-photo-app-lounge-vivi-veevs-hanson/ ) and she mentioned using Photo Copier and Glaze. I'd never used them together, so I took this picture through Photo Copier, Braque setting.
View attachment 40526

And then I finished with a little Glaze. Neat!
View attachment 40527
Your final image is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Brilliant edit Jerry! :inlove: Thanks for sharing the timeline... :D

Wow cool stuff Jerry! :)
I would love to see how you used iColorama to paint back the foliage in its original colour.
This is one area of iColorama that I just cannot seem to get under the belt.

PS: Does anyone know howto access the brushes in the new iColorama for the iPhone?
Robert, Teresita posted this image on the iColorama Community page on FB. It shows where you find the brushing, both painting and masking, on iColorama S. the technique is the same as my video tutorials for the iPad; the tools are just in different places.
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1374690702.361141.jpg

Your final image is absolutely GORGEOUS!! Brilliant edit Jerry! :inlove: Thanks for sharing the timeline... :D
Thanks Catherine! If I changed anything, it would be to tune down the Photo Copier texture just a tad. Maybe later I'll do that and post it. See if you like it better.

Robert, Teresita posted this image on the iColorama Community page on FB. It shows where you find the brushing, both painting and masking, on iColorama S. the technique is the same as my video tutorials for the iPad; the tools are just in different places.
View attachment 40559

Thanks Jerry, but I cannot use a lot of them as I only have a 3GS! :(

"Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives" - Author unknown

Thanks Jerry, but I cannot use a lot of hem s I only have a 3GS! :(

"Life is like photography, we develop from the negatives" - Author unknown
Out of curiosity, which ones can you not use? I have a 4, so I can't use the Stamped brushes, but I can use the Artist and the masking...

By the way we DO remember how much people want to modulate the Glaze effect and control it better... We will get to that... Promised!
Hurray for this! I use Glaze as part of my workflow, often combining several of the same image, Glazed in different ways, then masked, and painted back into, by hand. This is one of the many reasons I have so many images on my iPad.

Back
Top Bottom