The butterfly effect, circle logic and other thought provoking nonsense.

For a brief period in my late 20s, I drove a 66 passenger school bus full of middle school kids. I did NOT need the Joker to make it terrifying.
Oh! You poor man! I was a bus aide when I first started my “career” in the educational system. But that was on a special ed bus with 20 or so kids. And I only had to manage behavior. I have nothing but the upmost respect for a school bus driver.

The drivers I talk to are mostly veteran drivers, great people and love their jobs. (Did I mention they may be crazy) They know every kids name and have been there long enough to be on their favorite run. And they are all near or at retirement age. Today our schools are closed for two reasons. Inclement weather (wind chill at -15ºF) and not enough bus drivers. It reflects a problem report by school districts all around our area.

Last edited:
That face!
Shh, don’t tell anyone. I found it in an antique shop.

2B7022D0-CC84-469B-A9D4-EF998EB238F8.jpeg

After reading terse Ted’s thread regarding simplifying slow shutter images, I thought I‘d post this. An image from the TV while practicing with some slow shutter app or other. I’m still not very good at it. It was desaturated and upped the contrast in Snapseed.
413D0D2A-E1FE-4657-B60E-C84CE3F1F3D1.jpeg

Then went for a spin through iColorama, simplifying, tinting… Lastly I pulled it into IC Painter. Now I see a woman standing, not a child sitting.
1B208BA5-DF0D-49F9-8A29-7BD1343BF292.jpeg

Or perhaps I took a step or two too many. Or maybe I’m just nuts.:confused:

After reading terse Ted’s thread regarding simplifying slow shutter images, I thought I‘d post this. An image from the TV while practicing with some slow shutter app or other. I’m still not very good at it. It was desaturated and upped the contrast in Snapseed.
View attachment 175521
Then went for a spin through iColorama, simplifying, tinting… Lastly I pulled it into IC Painter. Now I see a woman standing, not a child sitting.
View attachment 175522

just another great idea. i've never thought about "slow shutting" the tv screen. what a marvelous fountain of inspiration i here splashed into ...

thanx &
cheers,

just another great idea. i've never thought about "slow shutting" the tv screen. what a marvelous fountain of inspiration i here splashed into ...

thanx &
cheers,
Just so you know…..That was just for practice. I’m pretty sure it’s a tad bit illegal to use the images. At least without mangling them beyond recognition. I would probably use the second image in a collage, but I would hesitate to use the first. Not just because I stole it from the Disney Channel but also because our rules prohibit the use of even Creative Commons images that have simply been put through one app. And Slow Shutter Cam is definitely just one app.

I started shooting the TV because I just couldn’t get the hang of the slow shutter apps and the different settings.

Just so you know…..That was just for practice. I’m pretty sure it’s a tad bit illegal to use the images. At least without mangling them beyond recognition. I would probably use the second image in a collage, but I would hesitate to use the first. Not just because I stole it from the Disney Channel but also because our rules prohibit the use of even Creative Commons images that have simply been put through one app. And Slow Shutter Cam is definitely just one app.

I started shooting the TV because I just couldn’t get the hang of the slow shutter apps and the different settings.
ahh, another labyrinth of rules. i'll certainly switch my "legal navi" on, when the participation gains deeper seriousity ...
i was planning to use a snapshot of a sculpture in the park around where i live. Should i better ask the artist or the landlord for permission ... just joking, couldn't resist ...

cheers,

View attachment 175521
View attachment 175522
Fabulous.:notworthy:

ahh, another labyrinth of rules. i'll certainly switch my "legal navi" on, when the participation gains deeper seriousity ...
i was planning to use a snapshot of a sculpture in the park around where i live. Should i better ask the artist or the landlord for permission ... just joking, couldn't resist ...

cheers,

I don’t see why photographing something from the tv wouldn’t be permissible. Especially if it’s so edited that nobody could tell who or what it was. Obviously, if you can identify someone, then that might be a copyright problem, but otherwise …

I don’t see why photographing something from the tv wouldn’t be permissible. Especially if it’s so edited that nobody could tell who or what it was. Obviously, if you can identify someone, then that might be a copyright problem, but otherwise …
I'm guessing it would only become an issue if you were selling an image for profit or exhibiting it publicly. I don't personally see Mobitog as public.
But I'm not a copyright expert!

Back
Top Bottom