The butterfly effect, circle logic and other thought provoking nonsense.

same here re- starting out as experiment, trouble is i always forget what i did. Tbh i loved blending and working with layers in photoshop but im not happy about spending £10 a month to do it. I will persevere with trying more in procreate though.
Or you can slum it in SketchClub which does all that without subs. You can look at SketchClub community work from in-app — it’s breathtaking. We see breathtaking work from all kinds of apps, of course. But SketchClub really does seem to be the best-kept secret in the App Store.

Or you can slum it in SketchClub which does all that without subs. You can look at SketchClub community work from in-app — it’s breathtaking. We see breathtaking work from all kinds of apps, of course. But SketchClub really does seem to be the best-kept secret in the App Store.
I am going to check out the community work. I know you create some unbelievable images with it.

There are some fine works of art there. I can’t seem to like anything, though. I mean hit a like button. (I also see an album cover challenge. :rolleyes:)

Leaf Me Alone
Infinite Painter, Leonardo, Distressed FX

45075085-4543-4925-8C1B-9D585B73F405.jpeg

Trees from the gods
Procreate, Color Lake, iColorama, Distressed FX, Word Palette, Wikipedia
View attachment 179117
Nice. I would never think to put ‘that’ and ‘that’ together - and it works.

Further to my comment to ric alexander Ric, I dunno if the ‘it works’ that I see is bears any relationship to what you see and/or your thoughts in putting the image together. Art is a funny transaction. Unresolvable. I think that’s why so many people talk so much [nonsense] about what various artworks *mean*.

I have a couple of days next weekend to try and get into this collage thing. I have to take a break from it as it’s too easy to throw an iPad in temper
wonderful image this!
You shouldn’t beat yourself up. When I swapped from Photoshop to mobile manipulation, I couldn’t understand why I just wasn’t able to achieve the same level of stuff I had done before and I was hugely frustrated. Six months down the line I realised you can only achieve the same results when you know all the apps WELL. Then you start to realise what you can achieve. It was a whole year before I felt I was making good stuff.

You shouldn’t beat yourself up. When I swapped from Photoshop to mobile manipulation, I couldn’t understand why I just wasn’t able to achieve the same level of stuff I had done before and I was hugely frustrated. Six months down the line I realised you can only achieve the same results when you know all the apps WELL. Then you start to realise what you can achieve. It was a whole year before I felt I was making good stuff.
Eeeeek!!! your Spot on. Having been a photoshop addict and then less so, affinity photo user, I find myself in the same boat. It’s exciting and fresh except for the one technique I favoured which I just can’t get sorted on mobile, but the quest continues.

Eeeeek!!! your Spot on. Having been a photoshop addict and then less so, affinity photo user, I find myself in the same boat. It’s exciting and fresh except for the one technique I favoured which I just can’t get sorted on mobile, but the quest continues.
And what technique is that?

It’s a soft dark type, a bit like blurring a layer and then setting it to multiply. That in tself is easy to get but to get it without the blur along with tones I used to get, is proving a bit hard. Will get there though
Looking forward to seeing it when you do!

It’s a soft dark type, a bit like blurring a layer and then setting it to multiply. That in tself is easy to get but to get it without the blur along with tones I used to get, is proving a bit hard. Will get there though
I'd be interested in seeing that, too. Do you have a non-mobile sample posted somewhere that you could link to?

I'd be interested in seeing that, too. Do you have a non-mobile sample posted somewhere that you could link to?
They are on a portable hard drive somewhere I hope. I lost a ton of photos when I lost a laptop. I belonged to a group online where I learnt a lot but they finished. I’ll get there, I’m determined lol

All this talk about Lightroom, and Adobe subscriptions, I decided to give Fresco another try. There’s a digital collage artist I follow on instagram that uses it exclusively. I know I’ve checked it out before but was under the impression I had to subscribe to all of the adobe stuff to get Fresco. I jumped in assuming I would just fool around with it then go back to my Infinite Painter and Procreate. Nope…..got a free month, then $10 a year. I can stand $10 a year to see what I can do with it. Of course there’s that thing ImageArt Anne mentioned. You really have to know an app to get any kind of results.
My first experiment, just some layering of Vector Q saves, and DistressFx
07577C3F-0FE4-48F5-AA98-45C705004055.jpeg

All this talk about Lightroom, and Adobe subscriptions, I decided to give Fresco another try. There’s a digital collage artist I follow on instagram that uses it exclusively. I know I’ve checked it out before but was under the impression I had to subscribe to all of the adobe stuff to get Fresco. I jumped in assuming I would just fool around with it then go back to my Infinite Painter and Procreate. Nope…..got a free month, then $10 a year. I can stand $10 a year to see what I can do with it. Of course there’s that thing ImageArt Anne mentioned. You really have to know an app to get any kind of results.
My first experiment, just some layering of Vector Q saves, and DistressFx
View attachment 179215
I use to love Adobe Draw because of the smoothing vector type brushes. I was gutted when they discontinued it. Fresco is supposed to be the amalgamation of Adobe Sketch and Draw but I have never got into it probably because of the subscription. I see it now has some simple animation features. Might have to give it a go too.

I use to love Adobe Draw because of the smoothing vector type brushes. I was gutted when they discontinued it. Fresco is supposed to be the amalgamation of Adobe Sketch and Draw but I have never got into it probably because of the subscription. I see it now has some simple animation features. Might have to give it a go too.
I gave it a run today. It has the same amazing water color brushes that Sketch had. At only $10 bucks a year American, what the heck. My hour or so and a few youtube videos…it looked pretty good. It is a lot of fun to watch the live brushes blend together. It remains to be seen how I can get it work for me. It does have the vector brushes, too.

Back
Top Bottom