The butterfly effect, circle logic and other thought provoking nonsense.

I have been taking Fresco for a run for a couple of days. I like live brushes, I’ve made a couple of nice backgrounds. I decided to match the work flow in Fresco, Procreate and Infinite Painter.
I started with the same four colors to paint a background. Even though I like the brushes in both Fresco and Infinite Painter better, I wound liking the Procreate background the best.
Fresco
788464F2-6747-4F25-A548-701673B254EF.jpeg

55EE8647-C4D3-41BD-9579-CE8AF6BEB934.png

its procreate all the way for me, the darker mood to it appeals more. Richer tones give it a kick as well. The other two aren’t dull, but they just don’t punch like procreate version.

Yes, this one is my favourite.

For me, it's that the background in the IP version is brighter and greener, so it sets off the figure and the tree more. The other two look a bit murky in comparison.

its procreate all the way for me, the darker mood to it appeals more. Richer tones give it a kick as well. The other two aren’t dull, but they just don’t punch like procreate version.
Thank you all for responding. The one thing I got from all this is, I could layer and blend in any of these. It’s going to come down to, as ImageArt said someplace or other, mastering one. That’s why I always run back to Procreate. I’ll continue to use Infinite Painter (there‘s a lot to like) and experiment with Fresco (jury’s out) but Procreate will probably remain my main collaging app.

Thank you all for responding. The one thing I got from all this is, I could layer and blend in any of these. It’s going to come down to, as ImageArt said someplace or other, mastering one. That’s why I always run back to Procreate. I’ll continue to use Infinite Painter (there‘s a lot to like) and experiment with Fresco (jury’s out) but Procreate will probably remain my main collaging app.
Was going to say something similar. Fresco just doesn’t really give me anything extra…maybe the live brushes might if I give them more of a workout.

It doesn’t allow me to export vector layers to a vector app even when it’s paid for. It only allows export to Adobe Illustrator so useless really.

I did like Infinite Painter when I used it. Still on my list of must spend more time with it.

Was going to say something similar. Fresco just doesn’t really give me anything extra…maybe the live brushes might if I give them more of a workout.

It doesn’t allow me to export vector layers to a vector app even when it’s paid for. It only allows export to Adobe Illustrator so useless really.

I did like Infinite Painter when I used it. Still on my list of must spend more time with it.
I do like the live brushes in Fresco, but that’s about all that’s different. I still love being able to make brushes in Procreate, even it they’re one use. You just can’t match that in either of the others. Although you can make them in Infinite painter…but I don’t feel you have the same control. Or maybe I just can’t work it right. :D

An oldie, reworked.
Inspired by connecting to an online instructor whose work i greatly admired. I took every Tricia Dewey instructional video that involved an iPad. She retired but I was still able to access the classes on Teachable. I decided to buy one of her hands on collaging videos, thinking I will have more time to make messes when I retire. Oops, apparently her classes weren’t supposed to be on there anymore. She contacted me to refund my money and of course, deleted all the courses from the site. During our correspondence she offered to allow me access to Dropbox so I can download the courses I paid for, including the new one. I am beside myself with glee. (She also complimented my work and followed me on Instagram :notworthy:)
Leafley
FC209D26-843B-417C-8FEB-63BB2103EB17.jpeg

An oldie, reworked.
Inspired by connecting to an online instructor whose work i greatly admired. I took every Tricia Dewey instructional video that involved an iPad. She retired but I was still able to access the classes on Teachable. I decided to buy one of her hands on collaging videos, thinking I will have more time to make messes when I retire. Oops, apparently her classes weren’t supposed to be on there anymore. She contacted me to refund my money and of course, deleted all the courses from the site. During our correspondence she offered to allow me access to Dropbox so I can download the courses I paid for, including the new one. I am beside myself with glee. (She also complimented my work and followed me on Instagram :notworthy:)
Leafley
View attachment 179366
Glad you got a reault on the tutorials. Its great when people reach out to help.

An oldie, reworked.
Leafley
View attachment 179366
Gee, I’m surprised to hear she retired. She hasn’t been doing iPad stuff for that long.

Yes, I find SuperimposeX good for that.
I use Superimpose when I know what I want to select and it’s important to get it right. Nothing beats it. But, I like to just tap and blend, to see what magic can happen. Procreate and Infinite Painter are fun for that. Usually all my layers are there.

I use Superimpose when I know what I want to select and it’s important to get it right. Nothing beats it. But, I like to just tap and blend, to see what magic can happen. Procreate and Infinite Painter are fun for that. Usually all my layers are there.
Well that’s interesting to know.

That’s why I keep my art studio on my iPad. I make a terrible mess sometimes! :D
Lol, I get in enough mess with just photos. I’m trying to work out the best way to get a collection of textures together to have some fun with dirty editing to destroy some images.

Lol, I get in enough mess with just photos. I’m trying to work out the best way to get a collection of textures together to have some fun with dirty editing to destroy some images.
Are looking to collect your own texture images? Or find some Creative Commons textures that are for free use?

Are looking to collect your own texture images? Or find some Creative Commons textures that are for free use?
Well I’m thinking That if we can use apps with textures, it’s not really cheating to use royalty free texture images. I just have this BIG issue with the way apple use folders so I’m currently working on that bit. I have a card reader to attach a sad card so might see if I can keep them off the iPad and just import them when needed

Well I’m thinking That if we can use apps with textures, it’s not really cheating to use royalty free texture images. I just have this BIG issue with the way apple use folders so I’m currently working on that bit. I have a card reader to attach a sad card so might see if I can keep them off the iPad and just import them when needed
It may further confuse things, but I reorganized my photos in to catalogs and folders. For example I have a catalog for collage. In it are folders named textures and backgrounds, words, masks, etc. I have a catalog labeled photos that has folders for landscapes, vehicles, flora, critters and so on. I have several catalogs. I even kept up with it pretty well using an app called Slidebox.

Back
Top Bottom