The butterfly effect, circle logic and other thought provoking nonsense.

I just have this BIG issue with the way apple use folders
Many people do, including ImageArt and me. I've found two ways to mitigate the problem that may or may not work for you.

First, the Files app has real folders and file renaming, among other features. If the apps you want to use support opening images stored in Files, you can stash your textures there so they won't clutter up the Camera Roll. Not all apps do, though. Snapseed and iColorama don't. Affinity Photo and Pixelmator Photo do. (Some apps, including Affinity, hide it under Import from Cloud.)

Second, I don't know if there's a way to make this work on Linux, but if you store images on a Mac and then use iTunes or Finder to sync them to your iOS device, the images appear in a folder in the Camera Roll but don't appear in the main roll. In this case, you're not allowed to edit the synced images directly -- instead iOS will open a duplicate of the image for editing.

EDIT: In this second case, unfortunately, you can't add new images to the synced folder, so if you find some new textures, you have to copy them to your desktop machine, add them to the folder there, and then sync them back, which is as annoying as it sounds. So better to wait until you have a large collection before doing the sync trick.

Last edited:
Many people do, including ImageArt and me. I've found two ways to mitigate the problem that may or may not work for you.

First, the Files app has real folders and file renaming, among other features. If the apps you want to use support opening images stored in Files, you can stash your textures there so they won't clutter up the Camera Roll. Not all apps do, though. Snapseed and iColorama don't. Affinity Photo and Pixelmator Photo do. (Some apps, including Affinity, hide it under Import from Cloud.)

Second, I don't know if there's a way to make this work on Linux, but if you store images on a Mac and then use iTunes or Finder to sync them to your iOS device, the images appear in a folder in the Camera Roll but don't appear in the main roll. In this case, you're not allowed to edit the synced images directly -- instead iOS will open a duplicate of the image for editing.

EDIT: In this second case, unfortunately, you can't add new images to the synced folder, so if you find some new textures, you have to copy them to your desktop machine, add them to the folder there, and then sync them back, which is as annoying as it sounds. So better to wait until you have a large collection before doing the sync trick.
Trying not to look at files again anytime soon. Photos in the photo roll don’t show there and it seems a lot of apps create folders and place their images there AND in the camera roll. I might look to see if I can find a proper file app. Don’t like copies of things being placed everywhere. I’m an ex pc and Linux person so I’m just tuned into that way of working.

Trying not to look at files again anytime soon. Photos in the photo roll don’t show there and it seems a lot of apps create folders and place their images there AND in the camera roll. I might look to see if I can find a proper file app. Don’t like copies of things being placed everywhere. I’m an ex pc and Linux person so I’m just tuned into that way of working.
Right, it'd be a struggle to make Files the main place to store images, although you could use Shortcuts to automate things a bit. I was just suggesting you could store your textures there. I use it to store original DNGs of images in case I want to go back and re-edit an image from the start. I started doing that because the Camera Roll didn't identify raw images, though that's changed now.

I like Documents by Readle a lot. I have used it since the beginning of time. You can store all sorts of documents there including music, videos and pdfs, open them and play them. Most apps let you save there. What makes it the most useful is that it has Connect to Computer using DocsTransfer.com. Your iPad brings up a code in Documents and you put the code into docstranfer.com and you can see your Documents file system on your PC and transfer files back and forth. So if I download a lot there from email or pdfs from the internet it’s easy to back up. You can also add a password to it.

I’m not sure what the price structure is if you didn’t pay for it originally. I don’t subscribe to it which gives you free vpn.

55B10ABD-6710-469C-BCCE-05E8E2D0DAB8.jpeg

Thanks, folks, here are some of the steps. Might not have used them all.
View attachment 180153
It’s the usual simplification in VectorQ. Then the outlines drawn in Procreate, taken into Inkwork. I then took it back into Procreate and filled some of the shapes. Blended back with the VectorQ version, then probably blended with the original. Filled in one of the middle shapes with yellow for balance and cloned the centre from one of the others. The the last one is an effect from iColorama. Can’t remember which one but rather liked it.
I don’t mind you sharing my space, but you’re hogging all the comments! :lmao:

Oh, sorry. :oops: I thought it was that general thread that was created for abstract art.:confused::lol:

Happy for you to move it to said thread or delete it and I’ll put it into mine.
No problem at all Ann! I can move it. I thought it was funny that no one noticed! :lmao: I don’t mind leaving it here, either, but I’m just thinking if someone might be looking for the image it would be kinda hard to find.:D

Back
Top Bottom