The future of MobiTog in 2024

I’m the kind of person who’s afraid of ”doing wrong”. And I think way too much. One of my thoughts the last few days is ” Would it be better for Mobitog if I stopped posting a lot of images in my playground thread?” As the pricing for space has skyrocketed :thinking::geek::coffee:
Not to worry. We've already knocked our disk space down to just below 60GB, though we want to go further to give ourselves some working room. And the growth in our disk usage has been slow -- it'd just gone on for a long time without anyone (including Nimbus) noticing we were over the limit. At our current growth rate, we should be good for some time once we finish clearing out the cobwebs from the cellar.

Not to worry. We've already knocked our disk space down to just below 60GB, though we want to go further to give ourselves some working room. And the growth in our disk usage has been slow -- it'd just gone on for a long time without anyone (including Nimbus) noticing we were over the limit. At our current growth rate, we should be good for some time once we finish clearing out the cobwebs from the cellar.
Thanks Ted, I’m on my way to my playground :D

I’m the kind of person who’s afraid of ”doing wrong”. And I think way too much. One of my thoughts the last few days is ” Would it be better for Mobitog if I stopped posting a lot of images in my playground thread?” As the pricing for space has skyrocketed :thinking::geek::coffee:
We can’t go forward without new stuff! Keep posting.

After some heroic wrangling by rizole, we got a straightforward answer from Nimbus support. We've paid our usual £27 for February, and we've been promised that the £82 invoice for the same period will be cancelled (though that hasn't happened yet). We still don't know for certain what our invoice for next month will be, though at the moment it looks like it will be £55 (meaning we've lost the discount we've been getting).

If that turns out to be the case, then with our regular donations plus what we currently have in our PayPal donations account, we've got enough to cover expenses for a few months. The crunch will come in May when it'll be time to renew our license for the XenForo forum software at $102/year. If we don't renew the license, then we stop getting updates and support, though what we have will keep working.

And...

The £82 invoice did get cancelled. (Yay!)

The invoice for March arrived, and as expected, it's for £55, so we've lost our previous discount. After paying that, we have just under £100 in our PayPal donations account, so we're OK for a bit. But our yearly costs for the future look like this:

£660 (12 months of Nimbus hosting at £55/month)
£112 (1 year XenForo forum software license plus domain name registration, likely due in May)
====
£772 total for 1 year

That works out to just under £65 per month, so we've raised our monthly donation target from £45 to £65.

Back
Top Bottom