The Hipsta Combo Challenge #2 *NEW!* (closed)

FlowerChild

MobiFan
Reaction score
Real Name
Sammi (I am female LOL)
Combo A No Flash

Drain.JPG

Drain2.JPG
Faucet.JPG

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
FlowerChild said:
Combo A No Flash
Love this everyday subject Sammi and the view along the set is brilliant with a superb tonal range and bags of interest... :D

From MiPad2 using the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

FlowerChild

MobiFan
Reaction score
Real Name
Sammi (I am female LOL)
Love this everyday subject Sammi and the view along the set is brilliant with a superb tonal range and bags of interest... :D

Wow, thank you so much. I didn't even know that I did that. Ha ha.:feet:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
FlowerChild said:
Chrysler Building (Sort of)
Combo A No Flash
(I can only do this combo as the BigUp Film isn't available anymore :():(

These are FAB!!! Can't believe how close you are! It's my fave NYC building...

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

FlowerChild

MobiFan
Reaction score
Real Name
Sammi (I am female LOL)
These are FAB!!! Can't believe how close you are! It's my fave NYC building...

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

I must be honest. This is taken of a photo they have hanging in the office. I cheated. Bad photographer. It's my favorite building also. When I first moved to NY in 1979, my second apartment was on E. 32nd St. -- a studio in a brownstone with a little deck in the back and it looked at that building. I miss that place.

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
richardcb said:
Welcome to the 2nd Hipsta Combo Challenge!

Hipstamatic – probably the most iconic iPhone photo app. We all use it, we all love it – but how well do we really know it?

MobiTog wants to take you out of your comfort zone by randomly choosing two sets of combos each week and challenging you to produce the best image you can with one of them. Are you hip to be square? Then let's go!

This week’s combos:
Combo A
John S (lens), BlacKeys B+W/Ultrachome (film), Standard (flash)

Combo B
Bettie XL (lens), BigUp (film), Cherry Shine (flash)

How does it work?

[*]Choose a combo.
[*]Produce an image in Hipstamatic using the lens, film and flash from your chosen combo.
[*]Submit that image by the closing date - Tuesday 23rd November.

What exactly do I do?

[*]Select either Combo A or Combo B.
[*]In Hipstamatic use at least the lens and film from your chosen combo to produce an image. Flash is optional (use it if you can but you won’t be penalised if you don’t).
[*]Shoot your picture using any idevice (iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad) of your choice.
[*]Post it to this thread. Include which combo you used and a title, to help identify it in the voting.
[*]Hipstamatic is the only app you can use for this challenge.

FAQ
What if I don’t have the Hipstamatic elements listed?
We hope that by having two combos there will be enough alternatives to give everyone a fighting chance.
Can I enter more than one image?
Yes, but please don’t go crazy! The more images you enter the more you risk splitting your total vote.
Can I mix and match elements from both combos?
No.
Can I perform any extra processing on my image?
No. We think it fairer if everyone produces a ‘nekkid’ image to best display their skill with the chosen combo.
What Hipstamatic camera case can I use?
Completely up to you. Knock yourselves out! :)

How to vote
We’re trying out a new voting system for this challenge. Let us know how you like it.

[*]Voting is by poll only.
[*]After the challenge a poll will be posted listing all the entrants.
[*]You can vote for as many images as you wish.
[*]Please vote based on how well you think the image has used the chosen combo.
[*]The winner will be the image with that receives the most votes.

Specific Rules & Guidelines for the MobiTog Hipsta Combo Challenge:
1. Select either Combo A or Combo B from the choice offered.
2. Produce an image in Hipstamatic using the elements listed in your chosen combo. Flash is optional.
3. Submit your image to this thread along with the name of your chosen combo (and if flash was used) plus a title. There must be no additional processing to the Hipstamatic shot you submit.
4. The Challenge will run for most of one week from Wednesday, 16th November 2011, closing for entries at, or around, midnight on Tuesday, 23rd November 2011.
5. After the closing date MobiTog members can vote for their favourite images using the poll that will be posted.
6. The winning image will be the one that has received the most votes after the poll is closed. In the event of a tie there will be a casting vote by a member of MobiTog’s site staff.

Please see the Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted > HERE

Just a few things:

Isn't 23rd November a Wednesday, not a Tuesday? I nearly rearranged my appointments for the week!

Also, I cannot find any mention of 'Big Up' film? Help?

Thanks for your help

R.

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
Absolutely correct re the date, my apologies. It's been corrected.

BigUp film is part of the Bondi HipstaPak. Might have been deleted from the collection.

FlowerChild

MobiFan
Reaction score
Real Name
Sammi (I am female LOL)
I do not know the name of this lovely plant from the FL Botanical Gardens. This photo was taken with Hipstamatic using combo B which is: Bettie XL (lens), BigUp (film), Cherry Shine (flash optional.) I did not use the flash as this was in bright sunlight. I love the soft muted colors that this combination produced.

View attachment 5091

Ahhhhh. So pretty. Love this.

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
That's it, people! The party's over. The fat lady has sung and the 2nd Hipsta Combo Challenge is now closed to any further entries. If you do post an image it won't be included in the voting.

A huge round of thanks to everyone who entered. MobiTog members are just the best! Throw anything at them at they throw back some of the most incredible images ever. :thumbs:

OK, now it's time to vote. Look back over the images here and select your favourites, then go to the voting poll, which is now open, and vote, vote, vote! In short, VOTE HERE --->>>>>

A new party begins tomorrow with Hipsta Combo Challenge #3. Bring a bottle - or three! :lol:

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Another most excellent turn out again ladies and gentlepeeps... :thumbs:

Some truly inspiring and brilliant works from an enforced combo choice... ;)

Superb Challenge Thread Richard... :)

Now get yourselves over to the Poll Thread and cast your votes lovely MobiMembers - AND voting is NOT restricted to entrants only, anyone can vote for their favourites so go join the casters one and all... :D

Reed

MobiLurver
Reaction score
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Here's another even though not considered part of the challenge. Forget that Wednesday gets here a lot quicker in other parts of the world. Beautiful soft pink petals from the FL Botanical Gardens. I used combo B. I did not use the flash. Again there were soft muted colors produced by this combination.

image-3024932789.png