The Hipsta Combo Challenge #4 *NEW!* (closed)

sdgareth

MobiLurver
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Gareth Evans
Ha, love it Gareth - took me a while to twig though as my mind immediately focussed on a half walnut shell with a mess of vegetation in it, awesome camouflage... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D
Sunday Morning Frog hunting (catch and release)
Due to the state of his hands and nails, Cade got thrown in the bath and preened :)

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
Ha, love it Gareth - took me a while to twig though as my mind immediately focussed on a half walnut shell with a mess of vegetation in it, awesome camouflage... :D

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Actually me too! Lovely shot Gareth!

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Veevs said:
Love everyone's photos but I can cross out these 2 combos from my list lol, dont like their effects!

Agreed!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Aaron Davis said:
Does your apartment have a fish eye lens at the entrance door? Make a great portrait series of the people who come to visit, across the hall etc.

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Cool idea! But I don't have that kind of door. I live in the ground floor of a brownstone so my door opens outside - its a French door with glass and a shade.

I could use my Olloclip fisheye lens... except I don't ever get visitors. LOL.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
sdgareth said:
Combo A
Good Morning!

This photo really touched me - it's beautiful.

Love that his nails are a little dirty which tells such a story (finding the little toad... a day in the life of a boy). Especially love how he's cupping him so gently in his hands - shows so much sensitivity.

Would love to see it in B&W....

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
What is interesting about Combo B is that when you try and process it (I know you don't for this challenge) the lines in the canvas become more dominant than the image - still it does make for some strange effects:giggle:

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
My cat Honey loves to sleep on the radiator! I dont know how she balances so well and she hugs the blanket I put on it so that she doesn't get burnt!
Combo B No flash
IMG_2493_resize.JPG
IMG_2497_resize.JPG

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My cat Honey loves to sleep on the radiator! I dont know how she balances so well and she hugs the blanket I put on it so that she doesn't get burnt!
Combo B No flash
View attachment 5653View attachment 5654
How I love Honey!!! She reminds me so much of my Sweet Basil!! Not only do they look alike, but Basil also loved heat of any sort. :inlove:

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
This challenge is getting dangerous. Did I mention how allergic I am to cats? :sneaky:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Aww thank you so much Catherine! Have I seen photos of your sweet Basil or is he not with you any more :(
No my girl went over the "Rainbow Bridge" about 7 years ago...she was 17. I'll try to dig up a photo for you.

Veevs

MobiLurver
Reaction score
No my girl went over the "Rainbow Bridge" about 7 years ago...she was 17. I'll try to dig up a photo for you.

Awww I am so sorry matey! 17 wow! Mind you Honey will be 16 I guess around January/February - still going strong! Yes please upload a photo will be so lovely to see sweet Basil :inlove:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Veevs said:
Combo B No flash

So sweet! I really like the second one.

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
Time's up, Mobifolk, the 4th Hipsta Combo Challenge is now CLOSED! :eek: No more new entries please, but do feel free to chat away about those already posted.

A big round of thanks to all who entered. Now it's TIME TO VOTE! Review all the images in this thread, choose your favorites and then vote for them in the separate VOTING POLL elsewhere in this forum. The winner will be announced at the weekend. :inlove:

Meanwhile get ready for a brand new Hipsta Combo Challenge starting today! :D