The MobiTog Handicapp: 8 - Red (closed)

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
Thanks Catherine and Venomator - much appreciated. Pizza Hut lights!!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
Bob Lindell said:
6x6 run through Camera+ Scenes>Clarity and the another forgotten process... Probably FX Cross Process, Color Fantasy, or Color Temperature.

The room was completely dark except for the stove. The Clarity pulled out so much from the darkness and seemed to add some digital grain. Was using the Dynamic B&W setting in 6x6 too.

Why do I like this one?
I have to ask myself the question, because I really DO like it; the reasons are far from certain.
I think perhaps the fact that it has a dynamic energy, coupled with extreme' grain ' that stains red the black, and blackens the red. There are no licking flames, but instead the powerful, heavy reds of the forge, which melts all before it.
The arrangement too, has merit for me, almost a shocked face and staring eyes that seemingly is aghast at its own powers of destruction.

Whatever it is - this one resonates with me, is in tune with me; and it sends a small shiver wreaking havok up my spine.

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
domtronix said:
Red Lights - Hipstamatic no processing.

This transports me back to the late sixties - burger-bar chic, vivid colours, classic shapes; very Terence Conran, very Habitat, before the saccharin Laura Ashley made inroads into the constructivist lines and forms of the day. This is a good picture because it makes us look at everyday things in a new light, and reminds us of the history and effectiveness of simple design objects. Gloom is banished by the incessant, unyielding brightness of the simple lamp.

Good one, Dom.

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
A COMPLAINT ABOUT THIS GROUP

You are making me want an iPhone.
My iPad, with its 0.7 mp camera is making me work too hard to get the images right!
As I could not afford an iPhone, I am left with unsatisfied wants, which is never good.
Anybody want to buy my car? (don't tell the wife ...)

One day, sigh.
Until then, this group is just damnably brilliant!

Best regards
Roger

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom
This transports me back to the late sixties - burger-bar chic, vivid colours, classic shapes; very Terence Conran, very Habitat, before the saccharin Laura Ashley made inroads into the constructivist lines and forms of the day. This is a good picture because it makes us look at everyday things in a new light, and reminds us of the history and effectiveness of simple design objects. Gloom is banished by the incessant, unyielding brightness of the simple lamp.

Good one, Dom.
thanks Vet!

domtronix

MobiPassionista
Reaction score
Real Name
Dom

My iPad, with its 0.7 mp camera is making me work too hard to get the images right!
As I could not afford an iPhone, I am left with unsatisfied wants, which is never good.

One day, sigh.

Best regards
Roger
I have a 3GS Roger (3mp)- you can get them pretty cheaply (well relatively of course) now as they have been superseded by 2 models! If the rumours about the iPhone 5 coming out next year are true then they will be giving away the 3GS!!

Photografia

MobiFan
Reaction score
Real Name
Eduardo Mueses
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Camtastic Camera using Lomolectric filter. Enhanced using Perfectly Clear.

IMG_0080.jpg

The Tiniest Tree Ornament.

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Eduardo Mueses said:
Camtastic Camera using Lomolectric filter. Enhanced using Perfectly Clear.

The Tiniest Tree Ornament.

Well done!

Bob Lindell

MobiStar
Reaction score
Vetican II said:
Why do I like this one?
I have to ask myself the question, because I really DO like it; the reasons are far from certain.
I think perhaps the fact that it has a dynamic energy, coupled with extreme' grain ' that stains red the black, and blackens the red. There are no licking flames, but instead the powerful, heavy reds of the forge, which melts all before it.
The arrangement too, has merit for me, almost a shocked face and staring eyes that seemingly is aghast at its own powers of destruction.

Whatever it is - this one resonates with me, is in tune with me; and it sends a small shiver wreaking havok up my spine.

Thank you.

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
I took these in one of my fave stores, Mitsuwa. Used the 6x7 app for all of them (which, might I add, is my new FAVE app!! thanks Bryan!) :D

View attachment 5391

View attachment 5392

View attachment 5393

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

Really powerful reds in these great seen images.
The first one - the three bottles - I think is my favourite because the red is balanced with the interesting reflections that give us an, if warped, hint as to our strange surroundings, opening out the photo.

Nice one!

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
RED... ;)

Sky at night... :D

View attachment 5321

This was actually taken with MiPad2 and then passed through the awesome new PhotoGene2 on MiPhone4S for saturation, levels and sharpening... :)

From MiPhone4S via the awesome & FREE MobiTog App... :D

Mash it up, mash it up! My retina is hurting, but I'm still getting pleasure looking at this!

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Reaction score
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro

One day, sigh.

Best regards
Roger
I agree with dom, your best chance of an iPhone on a budget right now is to look for a cheap 3GS. I believe I have seen at least one UK provider offering them free - or extremely cheaply - with a monthly plan. Even at 3MP it produces some very acceptable images. Meanwhile, have you tried Camera Boost on your iPad 2? It's an app that actually improves the images produced.

Despite your frustrations I'm glad you like our merry little band of shutterbugs. :D

Vetican II

MobiStar
Reaction score
richardcb said:
I agree with dom, your best chance of an iPhone on a budget right now is to look for a cheap 3GS. I believe I have seen at least one UK provider offering them free - or extremely cheaply - with a monthly plan. Even at 3MP it produces some very acceptable images. Meanwhile, have you tried Camera Boost on your iPad 2? It's an app that actually improves the images produced.

Despite your frustrations I'm glad you like our merry little band of shutterbugs. :D

Hehe! It was. - I hope I made it clear - a non- complaint! It's a tremendously vibrant group, in my honest opinion (I'm no flatterer, I'm afraid!) , very alive and with so many amazing takes and images, it is almost a difficulty to them all justice.
And the friendliness is quite amazing, for an online group.
Great balance, IMO.
Thanks to you and dom for your suggestions :)

Roger