The state of Oggl?

richardcb

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Richard
Device
iPhone 12 Pro
Just wondering what the current state of Oggl is. I notice it's still available in the App Store but hasn't been updated in over a year. Is it still relevant? I've skirted with subscribing many time (like the edit option) but never took the plunge. So much can be done in Hipstamatic post-300 that I wonder if there's still a need for a separate app like this.

Any users? Any thoughts?

I think Oggl wanted to be Instagram as much as Flickr should have been Instagram and didn't VSCO even have a try.
Turns out there is only one Instagram !

Just wondering what the current state of Oggl is. I notice it's still available in the App Store but hasn't been updated in over a year. Is it still relevant? I've skirted with subscribing many time (like the edit option) but never took the plunge. So much can be done in Hipstamatic post-300 that I wonder if there's still a need for a separate app like this.

Any users? Any thoughts?
I used it regularly last year when I was doing my hipstamatic 365 last year. There were some superb photos on it using their Filters. But the app itself is very buggy........some of the sections didn’t work eg the search button. I got the feeling that there was a group of very regular users as their photos were always being highlighted, but I fear it’s numbers were small and dwindling which is why they might not be updating the app.

However it’s a fun group and I might still upload more this year but not so regularly.

I used to like it, but removed the app quite some time ago after the Hipstamatic app incorporated editing. As I remember you couldn’t put lenses, films etc in any kind of order, so with so many elements it was just too time consuming to use. Maybe they’ve updated it?

I paid for the first year and did use it but found I was still using the Hipstamatic app far more so when my subscription expired I never renewed it, has not even been installed since I got my Air 2 and thats close to a couple years.

Back
Top Bottom