Through The Eyes of Children

CurMichFar

MobiLurver
Real Name
Curt
I did a quick search, but was unable to find anything similar, so I'd like to start a thread for all do you parents out there. I invite you to photograph any artwork, playdoh art, clay, paintings, etc and edit each photo any way that you'd like. The child's mind is fantastic and amazing, so display each proudly!

Mods....move this thread wherever deemed acceptable. This could be cool as a challenge, although, there are no prizes nor winners, just the benefit of knowing that your displaying your child's artwork to the world....along with a touch of your own artistic ability too. You don't need to list apps used nor name the photo, although, if your child does provide a title or description, any info about the picture would be awesome!

This is the first piece I'm displaying for my daughter, Farrah. No title, but a short description she gave was it's a cat with mud puddles and a sun. She says she's a bit upset that the colours mixed in the sun though. I used 645pro MKII, Touch Retouch, and SnapSeed for editing.

image.jpg

What a great idea and the words on your birthday card are beyond precious!!
Thanks Lisa. I can't wait to see others post to this. Kids are great and have such an amazing imagination, which is awesome to see put down on paper, canvas, clay, playdoh, etc. It's also nice to see how their artistic abilities progress as they grow. My daughter is only 4 and it blows my mind each time she draws a cat....which is her favorite animal of course. lol

image.jpg

Scarecrow drawn in crayon and then painted with watercolors by my son, Creed, when he was 7. All I did was apply a frame.

image.jpg

This was a pencil drawing Creed did just last month, he's in 3rd grade now. He asked me to edit it up for him and make it look cool, so I used Handy Photo and PixlrExpress to add the color, frame, and title. He loves it by the way!

Those are fantastic! I love the bird on the scarecrow, plus the T-Rex is superb! Thanks so much for posting and tell Creed to keep up the great work.

View attachment 53535
This drawing was done by my 14 yr old on my iPad after she discovered the awesomeness of SketchClub! Pretty cool for her 1st try. She's got a growing interest in editing and iphoneography she's got from me and I'm helping her along with tips, techniques, and of course apps!
That's awesome! Self portrait or portrait of you? :) The teardrop is such a great touch.

It began as a self portrait she was doing then got sidetracked. She calls it Broken. Symbolizing a broken hearted young woman, hoping she's not meaning herself.
Thanks for the compliments. I have 4 kids ranging in age from 15 to 4 yr old twins. And three of the 4 are very artistic and expressive. I was running out of room saving all their drawings and artwork pieces so when I discovered the app ArtKive I was thrilled! I now photograph and store all their artworks there, and only keep the really special ones in my hope chest. If you have lots of artworks or would like a way to organize and view them this app is very handy! When I have enough saved for each child I'm going to order them each a printed book full of their own art, maybe a graduation gift years from now!? That's also offered through the app. I'll include a link for you....
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artkive-save-kids-art/id549980508?mt=8

View attachment 53535
This drawing was done by my 14 yr old on my iPad after she discovered the awesomeness of SketchClub! Pretty cool for her 1st try. She's got a growing interest in editing and iphoneography she's got from me and I'm helping her along with tips, techniques, and of course apps!
Pretty neat app. I'm sure you've got a tonne of apps that she'll be able to experiment with. I love hearing my daughter's amazement when I change a regular picture into something completely different. The "Daddy....how did you do that?!?!" never gets old. lol

It began as a self portrait she was doing then got sidetracked. She calls it Broken. Symbolizing a broken hearted young woman, hoping she's not meaning herself.
Thanks for the compliments. I have 4 kids ranging in age from 15 to 4 yr old twins. And three of the 4 are very artistic and expressive. I was running out of room saving all their drawings and artwork pieces so when I discovered the app ArtKive I was thrilled! I now photograph and store all their artworks there, and only keep the really special ones in my hope chest. If you have lots of artworks or would like a way to organize and view them this app is very handy! When I have enough saved for each child I'm going to order them each a printed book full of their own art, maybe a graduation gift years from now!? That's also offered through the app. I'll include a link for you....
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artkive-save-kids-art/id549980508?mt=8
I'll have to look into that app (and probably buy it....I think I have some kind of appdiction). Thanks so much for letting me know about it. Great idea too, about the printed book for graduation. Awesome idea!

I'll have to look into that app (and probably buy it....I think I have some kind of appdiction). Thanks so much for letting me know about it. Great idea too, about the printed book for graduation. Awesome idea!
It's a freebie app! And great for any parent wanting to save those precious memories! Especially if you're like me and have too many kids to keep track of who did what, and when! Lol!

Glad I could help. I tell all my friends with kids about it too. It's just so quick, handy, and easy a really brilliant app idea for parents with artistic kids no matter what they're age. Hope you continue to enjoy it. I've used it for over a yr myself. Time just flies when you have kids!! Haven't found a way to slow it down but I keep hoping....:)

Glad I could help. I tell all my friends with kids about it too. It's just so quick, handy, and easy a really brilliant app idea for parents with artistic kids no matter what they're age. Hope you continue to enjoy it. I've used it for over a yr myself. Time just flies when you have kids!! Haven't found a way to slow it down but I keep hoping....:)
So true! I keep telling Farrah to stop growing. Too darn smart for her age, but always makes me laugh with the things she comes up with.

I like this thread.
All my kids have left home long ago, my youngest turned 30 in November. We have two boys, one daughter. Our Daughter lives in Calgary and she just turned 40, she had some medical issues some years ago and can't have children. Both our sons live here in Regina, no sign of kids with either of them though the one sons GF has a 15 year old. He's into music not art. Unfortunately we are not physically close to other relatives, closest is out your way.
I might have to ask my wife, she keeps all that kind of stuff :) so I am sure she has some art from when my kids were young.

I like this thread.
All my kids have left home long ago, my youngest turned 30 in November. We have two boys, one daughter. Our Daughter lives in Calgary and she just turned 40, she had some medical issues some years ago and can't have children. Both our sons live here in Regina, no sign of kids with either of them though the one sons GF has a 15 year old. He's into music not art. Unfortunately we are not physically close to other relatives, closest is out your way.
I might have to ask my wife, she keeps all that kind of stuff :) so I am sure she has some art from when my kids were young.
Thanks Larry. I wasn't sure how people would take this thread, but am hopeful that, as parents, we all show off our children's art with great pride. I fully urge you to dive into those old boxes of keepsakes and photograph whatever you find. I can only imagine the amount of memories that will come flooding back into you. I'm really happy your son is into music! To me, music IS art. Art for the ears. What does he play?

Thanks Larry. I wasn't sure how people would take this thread, but am hopeful that, as parents, we all show off our children's art with great pride. I fully urge you to dive into those old boxes of keepsakes and photograph whatever you find. I can only imagine the amount of memories that will come flooding back into you. I'm really happy your son is into music! To me, music IS art. Art for the ears. What does he play?
Not my sons, they listen to a lot of music, well all my kids do but they grew up around me and I always have music going. My father loved music and he always listened and not only stuff from his generation and it rubbed off on myself and my kids. My daughter has a keyboard and plays from time to time. My father played guitar but his instrument of choice was the violin and occasionally the cello. My sons GF, her son is in music, in the school band. But that seems to be fading in favour of football now.
I agree, music is art. About the only genres I will not listen to is rapp and hip hop but I do listen to about every other form out there. I have somewhere around 8000 albums. My wife is more into country but she does listen to others as well.

Oh, I got ya. I love listening to music as well. I'm kind of like you, I'll listen to most genres, even some mainstream hiphop crap (although, I could definitely do without it). I'll even throw on some Korn or Pantera from time to time, but only on my headphones....wife and daughter give me crap when I play heavier stuff. haha. At the moment, I'm pretty much hooked on Mumford and Sons. I started listening to their Babel album over a year ago and I can honestly say that I've listened to at least one song off the album everyday since. ***sigh*** It's actually playing right now as I'm working. I'm probably driving my co-workers mad by now, but I can't help it.
8000!?!!? Do I smell some torrents coming from Regina? haha

I like gothic metal :) even my wife likes some of it though secretly I think she would listen to only country if she could :)
Not really into death metal but I do have some. I like music where you can actually understand the singer...

I'm with you on that. For me though lately, because I'm teaching myself how to play guitar, I've been finding that I'm listening to more folky stuff....Mumford and sons, Lumineers, Of Monsters and Men, Passenger, etc. Although, Radiohead, Tragically Hip, The Watchmen, Pearl Jam, and oh so many others.......Life would suck without music.

Okay... I LOVE this thread!! What a fabulous idea! The art you guys have posted is incredible...kids are so creative.

Keep 'em coming!! :inlove:

(I moved the thread to our Projects & Ongoing Work forum...hope that's ok!)

Okay... I LOVE this thread!! What a fabulous idea! The art you guys have posted is incredible...kids are so creative.

Keep 'em coming!! :inlove:

(I moved the thread to our Projects & Ongoing Work forum...hope that's ok!)
Thanks Catherine. I thought it would be a fun idea too....now just to get my daughter back to the art desk. lol. I might even let her take a crack at editing one of her own photos of her own artwork. She's only 4, so that could be pretty interesting to see the outcome. hahaha.

Back
Top Bottom