Toermaline's 2012-52

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Week 8; Theme - Cars
Subject; Our Big *ss Truck - we use him to pull our 42 ft 5th wheeler named Sidonia. :)

Cars are a touchy subject for me. I love our car, I really do. It's a Saab 9.5 leather stuff and all. But I can't drive anymore and with that a HUGE part of your independence disappears down the drain. So yes, touchy. That why I choose the Big *ss truck that we need for the 5th wheeler. Don't have emotional ties to it and it's not as difficult to shoot than the black Saab, specially on the last moment, in the dark, in the rain, in your jammies, slippers and wheelchair and with shaking hands because it's so freaking cold in Oregon at the moment. Just waiting for that snow to fall! Bring it on!

Camera: 6x6
Processing: Photogene2
Nothing special just a bit of brightness and shadows. Reduced size to 1200* and one to 1024. Am posting both to see what size looks best on the forum. Uploaded the 1024 first.

*was no difference so I deleted the 1200. Since I mostly read the forum on my iPhone or iPad it's a totally different view using a regular browser on my iMac I discovered.
So I wanted to test it to see if you can see the difference in size. I couldn't!

Sent from my personal distraction device using MobiTog

image-504132331.png

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
lisamjw said:
Great shot and awesome effort!

Thank you, thank you! Nothing is more encouraging than getting a compliment!

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
This our kitty Dahli. Dahli is like our other kitties a Devon Rex breed. They have a special kind of fur in small curls and in a single coat. In Dahli's case she also has an unusual mark. A heart at the left side of her body, hence the subject of my theme Love! :-0

Camera 6x6
Edit: Photostudio for crop
Filter: Photostudio; Colored Charcoal

Sent from my personal distraction device using my personal distraction device

I really don't do cats, but I do really like the processing on this one Christine... :thumbs:

It has a similar 'feel' to my all time favourite Hipstamatic fillum - DreamCanvas... :D

Week 8; Theme - Cars
Subject; Our Big *ss Truck - we use him to pull our 42 ft 5th wheeler named Sidonia. :)

Cars are a touchy subject for me. I love our car, I really do. It's a Saab 9.5 leather stuff and all. But I can't drive anymore and with that a HUGE part of your independence disappears down the drain. So yes, touchy. That why I choose the Big *ss truck that we need for the 5th wheeler. Don't have emotional ties to it and it's not as difficult to shoot than the black Saab, specially on the last moment, in the dark, in the rain, in your jammies, slippers and wheelchair and with shaking hands because it's so freaking cold in Oregon at the moment. Just waiting for that snow to fall! Bring it on!

Camera: 6x6
Processing: Photogene2
Nothing special just a bit of brightness and shadows. Reduced size to 1200* and one to 1024. Am posting both to see what size looks best on the forum. Uploaded the 1024 first.

*was no difference so I deleted the 1200. Since I mostly read the forum on my iPhone or iPad it's a totally different view using a regular browser on my iMac I discovered.
So I wanted to test it to see if you can see the difference in size. I couldn't!

I can understand your mixed feelings towards cars Christine, it must be awfully difficult having that particular independence whipped away from you... :(

But you have, despite that, come up with a terrific and iconic interpretation for the Week's theme, excellent job, especially in the circumstances and with the considerable challenges... :thumbs:

I do love your accompanying commentaries and really do hope you don't mind me saying, but your description on this one made me chuckle out loud at the iPhoneographer vision you must have been in your slippers and jammies, shivering in the cold dark rain... :whistle:

Not sure I can agree with your closing comment about the snow, that's mad as I hate the stuff... :angry:

Thanks for sharing your special moments and some awesome imagery... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Week 8; Theme - Cars

View attachment 11059
AMAZING shot!! Especially as it was dark, cold and rainy. I've tried a few car shots and I'm not very good at it - it's harder than you'd think! This is really beautiful. :notworthy: :inlove:

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Week 9? Theme: Water
Subject: doggy wading/play pool in my backyard. Helpful props : the Sun!

Shot with my new BFCFE(Best Forever Camera Friend Ever!) the Camera Awesome from Amazon or SmugMug.

Used crop: square( I'm obsessed with square photography :))
Effect: More Wang
Did not reduce the size this time. Let me know if I should

That's it!

image-3624815957.png

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Venomator said:
I can understand your mixed feelings towards cars Christine, it must be awfully difficult having that particular independence whipped away from you... :(

But you have, despite that, come up with a terrific and iconic interpretation for the Week's theme, excellent job, especially in the circumstances and with the considerable challenges... :thumbs:

I do love your accompanying commentaries and really do hope you don't mind me saying, but your description on this one made me chuckle out loud at the iPhoneographer vision you must have been in your slippers and jammies, shivering in the cold dark rain... :whistle:

Not sure I can agree with your closing comment about the snow, that's mad as I hate the stuff... :angry:

Thanks for sharing your special moments and some awesome imagery... :D

Thank you, I'm not used to so many compliments, but do like them. :) very uplifting, gives a bad day a silver lining:)

No it's not easy. You know the opposite of independent is dependent. Not only can you not go as you please but if you do want to or need to go you have to ask, anything you have to ask. Believe me for a chick who carried the flag for women's lib and who burned her bra on the barricades being completely dependent was the worse thing that could happen. It's a daily struggle but I try to cope by laughing at myself and not take things so seriously.

But!!! Change is gonna come, as Bob Dylan said, we renovated the house after the flood and now I can move around in the kitchen and can even cook again something I could not do for 6 years. My wheelchair could not turn in the kitchen it being a galley kitchen. Opening the fridge doors and I would be stuck the whole afternoon. :) could be worse, snacking on Brie, Camenbert, olives and salami to kill time wasn't too bad :)

Where is she going with this, well ... I needed to order a new wheelchair, this one can elevate me about 30 inches so I can reaches the upper shelves. Awesome stuff. And with it I ordered this kick *ss off the road wheelchair for outdoors with large thick tires etc. now on good days I can take the outdoor chair for a spin through the neighborhood, take a dog with me and who knows I might be able to go all the way to the farmers market. That's my 2012 goal! Plus we can take it with us with the truck and go to a park where husband can hike and I photograph. So we're all set and I'm pretty excited about it. All we need now is some good days! It will be nice to have a change of scenery to take pics!

Stay tuned!:-0

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
RoseCat said:
AMAZING shot!! Especially as it was dark, cold and rainy. I've tried a few car shots and I'm not very good at it - it's harder than you'd think! This is really beautiful. :notworthy: :inlove:

Thank you Cat, coming from you that's a great compliment, I admire all you pics! I would never have thought that you had trouble with a car, especially that cute mini! Cars are such dead static objects, you need to find some interesting angle. I think it being dark might have actually helped me.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you Cat, coming from you that's a great compliment, I admire all you pics! I would never have thought that you had trouble with a car, especially that cute mini! Cars are such dead static objects, you need to find some interesting angle. I think it being dark might have actually helped me.
You're so very welcome! Thank YOU for such a wonderful compliment! :D

Maybe I'll practice a bit with the Mini... :thumbs:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Week 9? Theme: Water
Subject: doggy wading/play pool in my backyard. Helpful props : the Sun!

Shot with my new BFCFE(Best Forever Camera Friend Ever!) the Camera Awesome from Amazon or SmugMug.

Used crop: square( I'm obsessed with square photography :))
Effect: More Wang
Did not reduce the size this time. Let me know if I should

That's it!

View attachment 11450
So lovely!! Really beautiful colors...love the bits of orange. :inlove:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
Thank you, I'm not used to so many compliments, but do like them. :) very uplifting, gives a bad day a silver lining:)

No it's not easy. You know the opposite of independent is dependent. Not only can you not go as you please but if you do want to or need to go you have to ask, anything you have to ask. Believe me for a chick who carried the flag for women's lib and who burned her bra on the barricades being completely dependent was the worse thing that could happen. It's a daily struggle but I try to cope by laughing at myself and not take things so seriously.

But!!! Change is gonna come, as Bob Dylan said, we renovated the house after the flood and now I can move around in the kitchen and can even cook again something I could not do for 6 years. My wheelchair could not turn in the kitchen it being a galley kitchen. Opening the fridge doors and I would be stuck the whole afternoon. :) could be worse, snacking on Brie, Camenbert, olives and salami to kill time wasn't too bad :)

Where is she going with this, well ... I needed to order a new wheelchair, this one can elevate me about 30 inches so I can reaches the upper shelves. Awesome stuff. And with it I ordered this kick *ss off the road wheelchair for outdoors with large thick tires etc. now on good days I can take the outdoor chair for a spin through the neighborhood, take a dog with me and who knows I might be able to go all the way to the farmers market. That's my 2012 goal! Plus we can take it with us with the truck and go to a park where husband can hike and I photograph. So we're all set and I'm pretty excited about it. All we need now is some good days! It will be nice to have a change of scenery to take pics!

Stay tuned!:-0
I so admire your positive spirit!! Wonderful and inspiring. :inlove:

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Week 10: Theme Travel
*sigh*
My husband insisted on sharing his cold with me which resulted immediately in a full blown pneumonia. Not happy. ;-(

Could not leave bed to make nice arrangements for photo-opp. Had to play the joker and use an old photo. Again, not happy. ;-(

I decided to entertain you and post 2 to make up for the lack of originality.

Here is my addition. It's our brand new 5th wheeler. In fact when we bought her last spring it was 2011 and she is a 42 ft Open Range Rolling Thunder 2012. Interesting eh? Like babies that are born in May 2011 and the parents insist, no she really is a May 2012 model. Ridiculous. But I'm blabbering.

Her name is Sidonia, after a Belgian comic persona from the comic Suske and Wiske. And the reason I posted 2 images is so that I can show off the awesome patio that she has. You can see the big white patch in the middle? Well it slides out and than we lower the big white thingy and click on the railing et voilá a patio! We have sliding doors in the living area. it's ideal for the dogs who can lay on the patio and watch the canine world go by, I don't have go up and down the steps but can sit on the patio all day if I want to and it's only a few steps to get a drink or a snack.
If you look very closely to the second pic you'll see the cat cabana, it's a steel frame with mesh fabric with 2 levels and a real cabana fabric red and green striped roof, with a flag on top of course. A few weeks back kitty Nyx was the subject of my weekly challenge and she travels with us and can sit with us on the patio. How cool is that eh?
We purchased Sidonia because I can not fly anymore, this way we can still travel and I have my own bed and all medic stuff I need with me. The door at the back comes down and is a ramp, my wheelchair goes in there when we travel, if we are at camp it stays under the front and the back area is my husband's office with desk and all. We also were planning on using it to drive to clinics out of state to get treatment for me but we didn't get that far, yet. If you remember we have been living in Sidonia from September last year till February this year during the 'big flood' in our home and the aftermath. So we made good use of it. I was happy we purchased her so we didn't have to live in a hotel for all these months. It was a challenge, living in a small space but as expats we have been staying and living in very different and even smaller living quarters. ;-)

Have no idea what I shot it with, since it wasn't square *gasp*, it must have been Camera+. Used one of the Lomo apps.

IMG_0567s.jpg
IMG_0838.jpg

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
toermaline said:
*sigh*
My husband insisted on sharing his cold with me which resulted immediately in a full blown pneumonia. Not happy. ;-(

Could not leave bed to make nice arrangements for photo-opp. Had to play the joker and use an old photo. Again, not happy. ;-(

Here is my addition. It's our brand new 5th wheeler. In fact when we bought her last spring it was 2011 and she is a 42 ft Open Range Rolling Thunder 2012. Interesting eh? Like babies that are born in May 2011 and the parents insist, no she really is a May 2012 model. Ridiculous. But I'm blabbering.

Her name is Sidonia, after a Belgian comic persona from the comic Suske and Wiske. And the reason I posted 2 images is so that I can show off the awesome patio that she has. You can see the big white patch in the middle? Well it slides out and than we lower the big white thingy and click on the railing et voilá a patio! We have sliding doors in the living area. it's ideal for the dogs who can lay on the patio and watch the canine world go by, I don't have go up and down the steps but can sit on the patio all day if I want to and it's only a few steps to get a drink or a snack.
If you look very closely to the second pic you'll see the cat cabana, it's a steel frame with mesh fabric with 2 levels and a real cabana fabric red and green striped roof, with a flag on top of course. A few weeks back kitty Nyx was the subject of my weekly challenge and she travels with us and can sit with us on the patio. How cool is that eh?
We purchased Sidonia because I can not fly anymore, this way we can still travel and I have my own bed and all medic stuff I need with me. The door at the back comes down and is a ramp, my wheelchair goes in there when we travel, if we are at camp it stays under the front and the back area is my husband's office with desk and all. We also were planning on using it to drive to clinics out of state to get treatment for me but we didn't get that far, yet. If you remember we have been living in Sidonia from September last year till February this year during the 'big flood' in our home and the aftermath. So we made good use of it. I was happy we purchased her so we didn't have to live in a hotel for all these months. It was a challenge, living in a small space but as expats we have been staying and living in very different and even smaller living quarters. ;-)

Have no idea what I shot it with, since it wasn't square *gasp*, it must have been Camera+. Used one of the Lomo apps.

Very cool and comfy looking too!! Love the cat cabana! I have some friends who absolutely love their camper although theirs is much smaller than yours.

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Sorry guys still down with pneumonia, just finished my IV and now even have a new buddy a tank of oxygen!

Was pretty much chained to the bed whole week so I had to find my inspiration close by. I went with my Kindle books. Not very exciting like a Jaguar! :) but I hope you enjoy it anyhow.

To amuse you I'm showing off an app I have never used before but now had time to check it out. This will be the second image. The app is Grid lens and I had fun playing with it.

First photo;
Camera: Camera Awesome
Filter: More Wang
Frame: Crust
Size reduction: Photogene 2

image-3310963112.png

Second photo
Camera: Grid lens
No processing

image-4054668717.png

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Great idea! I like what Grid Lines does for the photo. Can you pull images into it from the photo library?

Feel better soon. :) :)

Venomator

MobiLifer
Admin
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Rog...
Device
iPhone 13 Pro
*sigh*

This house on wheels is absolutely fabulous, you have more facilities and cool stuff on that than we have in our 5 bed static home... :cool:

I hope you enjoy her in travelling mode, having spent so much time in it and not travelling... ;)

Look forward to seeing some superb iMages from your travels when you do get going, even if its just sitting on your fold down patio, dog and cat for company and a glass of vino to pass the time... :D

Sorry guys still down with pneumonia, just finished my IV and now even have a new buddy a tank of oxygen!

Was pretty much chained to the bed whole week so I had to find my inspiration close by. I went with my Kindle books. Not very exciting like a Jaguar! :) but I hope you enjoy it anyhow.

To amuse you I'm showing off an app I have never used before but now had time to check it out. This will be the second image. The app is Grid lens and I had fun playing with it.

First photo;

Second photo
No processing
So sorry to hear you are still sorely incapacitated, must be a real drain on you at such times... :(

Another great interpretation though and I notice Steve has pride of place too, most excellent, assuming you are a fan... :thumbs:

Have you any interest in audio books? I downloaded the SJ Biography, by Walter Isaacson, and must have listened to it over x6 times, while driving and MobiDog walking, already... :whistle:

It is an awesome 'read' and totally entertaining, if you fancy it, it is well worth the small outlay imhgo... ;)

Thanks again for making the effort to entertain us when you are so troubled yourself, makes the appreciation of your work that much more poignant... ;)

Hope you pick up soon and get to go 'walks' in your off-roader to venture further failed for the next awaited instalment... :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

View attachment 11889 View attachment 11890
Fantastic!!! My dream for YEARS has been to own one of these and take a year or so to drive around the country! This is so awesome! :D

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro

First photo;

View attachment 12256

Second photo
No processing

View attachment 12257

Great shots!! I do hope you're feeling better... ((hug))

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Week 12 theme: one

Camera: Camera Awesome + Olloclip!
Camera Awesome: cropped + vintage filter.
Photogene 2 : resize + frame
Subject: my (titanium) wedding band and my husbands' nickname (we met online in 1995)

image-1132066416.png

RoseCat

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
MobiSupporter
Reaction score
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
toermaline said:
Week 12 theme: one

Camera Awesome: cropped + vintage filter.
Photogene 2 : resize + frame
Subject: my (titanium) wedding band and my husbands' nickname (we met online in 1995)

Love this!

Sent from my iPhone using MobiTog

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
This house on wheels is absolutely fabulous, you have more facilities and cool stuff on that than we have in our 5 bed static home... :cool:

I hope you enjoy her in travelling mode, having spent so much time in it and not travelling... ;)

Look forward to seeing some superb iMages from your travels when you do get going, even if its just sitting on your fold down patio, dog and cat for company and a glass of vino to pass the time... :D

So sorry to hear you are still sorely incapacitated, must be a real drain on you at such times... :(

Another great interpretation though and I notice Steve has pride of place too, most excellent, assuming you are a fan... :thumbs:

Have you any interest in audio books? I downloaded the SJ Biography, by Walter Isaacson, and must have listened to it over x6 times, while driving and MobiDog walking, already... :whistle:

It is an awesome 'read' and totally entertaining, if you fancy it, it is well worth the small outlay imhgo... ;)

Thanks again for making the effort to entertain us when you are so troubled yourself, makes the appreciation of your work that much more poignant... ;)

Hope you pick up soon and get to go 'walks' in your off-roader to venture further failed for the next awaited instalment... :D

Thanks so much for the compliments, yes we can not wait to take her on the road as well. There is so much I want to see here in the NorthWest. LOVE to see the Painted Hills, they must be wonderful and great photo opps. Hard to imagine it's only a few hours from here. She's still at the dealer though getting new carpet and being sealed again after it started leaking during rain season and the floor and my bed became soaking wet. Not good.

I do have SJ by Walter Isaacson and I will use audio books if my eyes would cooperate with me. Visual changes appear during the day and I have a regiment reading glasses from +0.75 to 3.25. The problem for me with audio books is that the moment they start reading I fall asleep. Missing the best parts ;-)
And I have learned to be careful with buying audio books. I once had a book, can't remember the name but it was a British book, the writer was British but the person reading it hd obviously a Texan accent. Could. Not. Stand. It. No offense to Texans, lovely people, but that accent just didn't fit the story.

PS: I didn't know you had a MobiDog! Great! What color?

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Great idea! I like what Grid Lines does for the photo. Can you pull images into it from the photo library?

Feel better soon. :) :)

It does! You can tap on each frame and it will import into that frame. Another one that is/was free and I just started playing with is Framelens. Lots of options to customize.

lisamjw

MobiStaff
MobiStaff
Reaction score
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
toermaline said:
It does! You can tap on each frame and it will import into that frame. Another one that is/was free and I just started playing with is Framelens. Lots of options to customize.

I'll check it out. Thanks!

toermaline

MobiStar
Reaction score
Real Name
Christine
Had the same idea as Cat. Nothing radiates more relaxation than napping kitties.

Week 14? Theme: relax

Camera: Hipstamatic - will add later which film I used, forgot to write it down.
Processing: none
Subject: my kitties Miss Nyx and Luke

image-3176406954.png