• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

Tom’s Project 365 - 2018 | Collective Memory

TomHH

MobiAddict
Real Name
Tom
Device
Pixel
Ah - I forgot! You will not only see pictures but also info about taking pictures and photography. As I earlier posted in another thread I will post some videos from David duChemin, a photographer who's not always talking about THE gear one must posses but about making pictures. It may not always be 100% applicable to smartphone shooting but that doesn't matter. So here's my first pick about decisions...

https://www.youtube.com/embed/3cfHXHsiMgs

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
On the last few days of this year I'll present everything that hits my lens. It maybe not that much because I select my object very carefully. If I think it's not worth posting then there will be no photo. ;)
You can post (or not post) an image everyday for a year from the date you start; which for you is 7 November. In other words, your Project 365 does not have to be finished by the end of this year.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
On the last few days of this year I'll present everything that hits my lens. It maybe not that much because I select my object very carefully. If I think it's not worth posting then there will be no photo. ;)
Okay. Erm, I think I understand. I think. :confused:

lisamjw

MobiStaff
Site Staff
Real Name
Lisa Waddell
Device
iPhone 7 Plus

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365
View attachment 116911

Isn't that gorgeous how folks played with depth of field hundreds years ago? This peace of art consist of stacked cards and if you look into the scenery you get a pretty nice impression of depth. (seen in the German Historical Museum, Berlin)
I went to a fascinating art exhibition in Hong Kong about the Jesuit artist Giuseppe Castiglione who did art work for the emperors of China. The Chinese didn’t understand 2 dimensional painting. They thought shadows were dirt and Giuseppe was forced to paint all his pictures flat. Early Chinese paintings are all one dimensional.

Edit: so I meant 3 and 2 dimensions.

Last edited: