Mobi52 TomHH’s Project 52 - 2020 - 52 Blinks by TomHH

Some shots with my Sirui wide angle lens, corrected distortion and Snapseed processing. Still pretty convinced of the Sirui lens.

IMG_20201004_130023-01.jpg

2020-Okt.-06_21-44-52-01.jpg

Details are pretty good.

Wonderful images, Tom. I still can’t believe an Android can produce this. Are you sure you don’t have an iPhone that you call a Pixel. ;):lol:

But seriously, do you use a tripod? That evening shot is just gorgeous.

Well, there's this odd sticker on my phone. Maybe I should tear it off... :lmao:

Actually I didn't use a tripod. Mostly I lean against something stable.
Also I use a modded version of Google's GCam which has a wider colour space.
Some of the shots are RAW files developed with Photo Mate R3 and afterwards processed in Snapseed.

And of course - if the scene is shit there will be no marvelous shots.

The day has come.. I'm kicking out Google and be my own master! -> CalyxOS
Still there are options to install apps from the Google Play store via Aurora (non-Google store) and F-Droid.

Let's see if this works ...

Ah well, personally I (heart) Google ;)
Virtually all of my documents, slide shows, flow charts, hundreds of items, are Google. I would have to convert to something. Not only my personal stuff, but all of information, emails and files from the school district are Google. Google and Apple own me. And I’m okay with that.

Ha, ha - Google here I am again! :lmao: Unfortunately I didn't quite succeed with my plan. Apps with in-app payments were not able to authorize against Google Play Store. So I reverted again.
Despite of that about 95% of my apps worked as expected. Maybe I have another try with next version of CalyxOS.

Starzee I have running my own cloud (-> Nextcloud) and have no need to use Google's stuff. I try to stay away from those services as much as I can and it works out quite well for years now.
Of course that's not the common way but as I'm working as cloud engineer and developer it's not a big deal for me.
With running my own VPN service and bouncing all tracking request, Facebook calls, tag managers etc. I see what's going on in the background. Around 50% of our traffic is blocked because of unwanted requests.

I have running my own cloud
I’m not sure what you mean by that. I have iCloud to back up my stuff. What I mean is my documents are created on Google Docs, my flow charts are done on Sheets, my slide shows or presentations are on Google Slides. I’m not sure if they would open in another app for that purpose and even if they did, I would likely have to pay for them. They are offering a free word processor and all the other apps in exchange for putting ads I don’t pay attention to on my searches, as far as I can tell. Perhaps there is something more sinister than that, but our bank account has already been hacked and cleaned out once with no Google involvement. (Thankfully the bank is insured and we recouped all our losses)

Back
Top Bottom