Mobi52 TomHH’s Project 52 - 2020 - 52 Blinks by TomHH

After quite a long time we made it to the coast today. Sunshine all day long...

The harbour of a small fisher village - at least there are some fishers left where you can buy fresh fish right from the boat.
IMG_20200119_153406-01.jpg

IMG_20200119_130042-01.jpg

IMG_20200119_125735-01.jpg

Hmm, after having several looks at this image I wonder why people always use red locks? It's said that red is the color of love and that's what those locks are all about. But hey folks - be creative and choose something different and do not fulfill that stereotype!

Hmm, after having several looks at this image I wonder why people always use red locks? It's said that red is the color of love and that's what those locks are all about. But hey folks - be creative and choose something different and do not fulfill that stereotype!
Come over to Frankfurt and you may find more colours. :lol:

That's what I hope as well :lmao: We already had some stuff from the previous smaller one. The idea of my son was to do it the amazonian way - which worked out pretty well.
So this is the final version of it:
View attachment 154194

We had to put some stones on the big trunk on the left because it would still swim up after more than a week.
With more fishes it looks much better. :) in the former I found one or two but now – what an evolution! :inlove:

Probably found a good solution to handle RAW files on Android. Snapseed does not very well when it comes to quality of RAWs.

IMG_20200119_125826-01.jpg

This shot was developed with DCRaw Mobile. Actually it is more parameterize the conversion from the RAW. The result is very detailed but you have to do processing in Snapseed afterwards.
(image is resized to max 3000x3000px as there is then no more compressing applied in MobiTog).

PhotoMate is comprehensive but you need get into it! It has all the things I was missing and the quality of the RAWs after developing is amazing!

sinnerjohn Well, the usability of Snapseed is a little better but it also lacks options and as I did it quick and dirty I didn't use PhotoMate till the end.
I adjusted sharpness, contrast and lights and shadows

LOL - I used Snapseed only to do my quick stuff.

DCRaw Mobile has minimal interface is parameter based, so not very comfortable. But it is free and you won't see what you get till you save your image.

PhotoMate R3 is like LR with plenty of features, a preview mode and on and on! You can do all the stuff you can do in Snapseed e.g. But because of all the features it is not as comfortable to use as Snapseed.

One thing I was always missing with all those apps - denoising! PhotoMate has it! There's a free version to test with nearly all features. The pay- version also can have presets and fancy stuff.

I have play around with it a little but I think I will buy it.

Fun fact - DCRaw Mobile and PhotoMate R3 use the same raw engine to convert the files (-> https://www.dechifro.org/dcraw/).

LOL - I used Snapseed only to do my quick stuff.

DCRaw Mobile has minimal interface is parameter based, so not very comfortable. But it is free and you won't see what you get till you save your image.

PhotoMate R3 is like LR with plenty of features, a preview mode and on and on! You can do all the stuff you can do in Snapseed e.g. But because of all the features it is not as comfortable to use as Snapseed.

One thing I was always missing with all those apps - denoising! PhotoMate has it! There's a free version to test with nearly all features. The pay- version also can have presets and fancy stuff.

I have play around with it a little but I think I will buy it.

Fun fact - DCRaw Mobile and PhotoMate R3 use the same raw engine to convert the files (-> https://www.dechifro.org/dcraw/).
Thanks Tom :notworthy:

Had some playing with Photo Mate and I start to like it a lot! It's nearly like LR but without the subscription sh.t!

Photo Mate is a RAW developing tool! It's not a photo editor. So it will be the first step in the line of the final image.
It still needs something like Snapseed or alike.
And it also seems to be the only one to have proper RAW development (without subscription) on Android - at least to my knowledge. Snapseed has only very basic functionality.

And - Photo Mate has denoising!

So an example, develop with Photo Mate from RAW and finalised in Snapseed:

IMG_20200207_073335-01.jpg

Note: all my posts are resized to 3000x3000px max to prevent further compression by the forum software.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom