Tripod mounts?

Uuglypher

MobiStar
Real Name
Dave
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
I have ordered and used several commercial tripod mounts for smartphones. They are flimsy, plastic gizmos that are intended for use only with “naked” phones- not phones in their cases.
I need something sturdy that be used with my iPhone in its case.
What’s your experience?
Dave

Let's see... I have three. (That's not too many, is it?)

One is a MeFoto SideKick360, which is a good thing to have if you don't have a ball head on whatever tripod you'll be carrying around. The bottom is beveled so that it will work in an Arca mount. It uses a screw mechanism to clamp the phone in the holder. It's bigger and a bit more awkward to pack than the following two, if space is a consideration.

And I have an Ulanzi ST-03, which is metal and works with an Arca mount but would need some kind of ball head on the tripod for orientation. It also adjusts with a screw mechanism to hold the phone, and unlike the MeFoto, it folds into a tidy flat package you can easily carry in your pocket (to use with a mini tripod or to sit by itself in landscape mode).

Finally, I have a Joby GripTight Micro with folding micro tripod legs. It folds up flat, like the Ulanzi, but is lighter weight (more plastic) and uses springs to hold the phone rather than a screw mechanism. It's not as hefty as the other two, but it's so small when folded that I carry it with me all the time. With the micro legs, you're stuck in landscape orientation, but you can unscrew those and have a typical 1/4" threaded mounting hole. (No Arca mount, though.)

The MeFoto and Ulanzi also have 1/4 screw mounts.

Thanks much. Terse!
All three look more substantial than thes I’ve tried!
I appreciate the pertinent details you provided for each one.
I appreciate it!
Dave

I absolutely love my Neewer Tripod Mount because it has both a shoe and a screw thread at the top. Also a strap so great for the precarious shots if you want to use it handheld. I have replaced the handle with a Ulanzi mini tripod and this setup stays in my handbag permanently. Great for everyday use. Image on right.

The second one I have is the Joby GripTight Mount Pro but I was lucky because mine came with a decent ball head thrown in and these together make up my ‘serious’ set up which I use on a bigger tripod. It can be rotated for both portrait and landscape. This is the one on the left.

A6E7DC90-02CE-4F7A-8B8E-2E65E2A603F7.jpeg

I absolutely love my Neewer Tripod Mount because it has both a shoe and a screw thread at the top. Also a strap so great for the precarious shots if you want to use it handheld. I have replaced the handle with a Ulanzi mini tripod and this setup stays in my handbag permanently. Great for everyday use. Image on right.

The second one I have is the Joby GripTight Mount Pro but I was lucky because mine came with a decent ball head thrown in and these together make up my ‘serious’ set up which I use on a bigger tripod. It can be rotated for both portrait and landscape. This is the one on the left.

View attachment 162657
Sorry ImageArt,
I meant thanks to YOU for these suggestions!
Dave

Back
Top Bottom