Tutorial 5/8 - iColorama 3: in which the author becomes an artist

juryjone

MobiLurver
Real Name
Jerry Jobe
Device
iPhone 12 Pro Max
Turns out I had quite the demand to take a closer look at Artist Brushes and masking in the new release of iColorama. Here's the resulting tutorial.
http://enthusiasmnoted.wordpress.co...rama-3-in-which-the-author-becomes-an-artist/
ImageUploadedByMobiTog1368047436.561406.jpg

I'm really looking forward to checking these out! Thanks for posting these!

Jerry, Thanks! I was thinking of an answer to a question you asked David Hayes, about putting arrows on screen shots for tutorials. Look at A+Signature. Like this:
image.jpg

The problem for me with A+ Signature is you have to hand-draw the arrows. I can't actually draw, and a wavy line doesn't exactly scream professionalism to me. I do like the way you laid out the text, though.

I downloaded something by Evernote called Skitch, and my first use of it is below. It doesn't allow for vertical text, so I don't know if I will use it a lot, but I like the arrows and pop-up boxes. And it's free, so trying it for awhile is no problem.

ImageUploadedByMobiTog1368163444.379579.jpg

There are pre-made arrows, but not great ones that I could find in A+. I am pretty sure you could draw a good enough arrow, without going to graduate school. Mine are all the same three-line arrow image, one that I drew in less than a second, and rotated, recolored, rescaled, in the middle of the night, when I should have been dreaming of anything but pixels. Yes, it is true, now I dream in iColorama, no joke! Not good.
How about placing the text with Over, and arrowing with Skitch? I like Over because I can add layers, duplicate text boxes, re type into them, move it, and maintain the same font style and size.
All these suggestions assume that you don't want to go to a desktop with Adobe programs such as inDesign, where you could do this all this in a heartbeat!

Back
Top Bottom