• > UPDATE Thread < Thanks to all who've DONATED to help with MobiTog's costs, please consider a small regular monthly sum, now possible under the new Donate tab! (NB - If all active MobiMembers Donate just £1/$1 per month it will cover our costs and help with expenditure for updates/improvements) A BIG THANK YOU ALL for your continued generosity & support!
  • PLEASE READ THIS THREAD < Tap for linky - MobiTog still has a few minor updates/improvements to complete... :)

RESULT : TWAC #2 Pixlr (01-14 Dec)

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
After the resounding success of TWAC #1 (two week app challenge) comes TWAC #2 and this time its the turn of Pixlr to come under our artistic scrutiny.

Its a sometimes overlooked app that I know RoseCat champions regularly and taking a quick look, I can see why. Available for free on both the major operating systems.

Same rules as before, all that is required from each two weekly challenge, is to use the one app specified. No restrictions on colour or b/w or the amount of entries, just the simple rule of one single app per image. Most importantly please give brief details on how you have achieved that particular result.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.

This IS a challenge so judging will take place at the end of the specified period, by the winner of TWAC #1.

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
After the resounding success of TWAC #1 (two week app challenge) comes TWAC #2 and this time its the turn of Pixlr to come under our artistic scrutiny.

Its a sometimes overlooked app that I know RoseCat champions regularly and taking a quick look, I can see why. Available for free on both the major operating systems.

Same rules as before, all that is required from each two weekly challenge, is to use the one app specified. No restrictions on colour or b/w or the amount of entries, just the simple rule of one single app per image. Most importantly please give brief details on how you have achieved that particular result.

Please also see the MobiTog Rules and Guidelines for MobiChallenges posted HERE.

This IS a challenge so judging will take place at the end of the specified period, by the winner of TWAC #1.
Yay! Can't wait to start trying it. It's another app I have, but I've not explored it fully. Bring it on! :thumbs:

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
May I ask a question sinnerjohn John? I was going to use the double exposure in Pixlr and my first image was unapped, but I was going to bring in a second (snowflakes) that had been made in a different app. Then I thought "No, only one app to be used" so I didn't do it. If we use the double exposure facility in Pixlr, I presume both images must be straight-from-the-camera, unapped images. Am I right? Or can we have two images both transformed in Pixlr and then double exposed in it too? We didn't have this question in Snapseed 'cos we did have the DE facility. Sorry to be awkward :confused:.

sinnerjohn

Smooth Bug Catcher
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
May I ask a question sinnerjohn John? I was going to use the double exposure in Pixlr and my first image was unapped, but I was going to bring in a second (snowflakes) that had been made in a different app. Then I thought "No, only one app to be used" so I didn't do it. If we use the double exposure facility in Pixlr, I presume both images must be straight-from-the-camera, unapped images. Am I right? Or can we have two images both transformed in Pixlr and then double exposed in it too? We didn't have this question in Snapseed 'cos we did have the DE facility. Sorry to be awkward :confused:.
I think as long as all images involved have been edited in just Pixlr then its ok. It would be breaking the rules if you used say a Hipsta image as one of the DE images.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Oh wow....I didn't even know it did double exposures! [emoji33] I learned something already!!

I love this challenge!

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
sinnerjohn
One question Can pixlr fill the foreground pic
Lets say you have a background pic and you bring in another pic for the foreground can it be fill
Cos when I tried to expand the foreground pic it does no fill
One more questions
Is the pixlr for the ipad different from the web version
Cos I could not see the history layers

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
sinnerjohn
One question Can pixlr fill the foreground pic
Lets say you have a background pic and you bring in another pic for the foreground can it be fill
Cos when I tried to expand the foreground pic it does no fill
One more questions
Is the piclr for the ipad different from the web version
Cos I could not see the history layers
I brought a photo in over the base image and then expanded it using two fingers and it worked. You can't actually see the edges so I made it what I thought was bigger than the underlying image. I'm using it on the iPad Pro and there's no layer history.

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
I brought a photo in over the base image and then expanded it using two fingers and it worked. You can't actually see the edges so I made it what I thought was bigger than the underlying image. I'm using it on the iPad Pro and there's no layer history.
Thank you
Have tried and it works
Going to burnt some hours getting to use this apps
Thanks sinnerjohn for bring up this app as TWAC #2
Loving every minute of it

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Two Turtle Doves

IMG_2538.JPG

I can see that I'm going to have to be more disciplined about what I do with this one as there's no history. I used Double Exposure/Difference, added a Rustic Frame, added the text and then used the Bocea Overlay to add the spots. This is the Christmas decoration I used for the EoS.

Last edited:

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Two Turtle Doves

View attachment 85179

I can see that I'm going to have to be more disciplined about what I do with this one as there's no history. I used Double Exposure/Difference, added a Rustic Frame, added the text and then used the Bocea Overlay to add the spots. This is the Christmas decoration I used for the EoS.
That's one thing I do appreciate in Hipstamatic is it lists the film/lens/flash for the photos. It would be very handy if Pixlr had that.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
IMG_3539.JPG

Heal to remove some specks in the sky (It works wonders!! Better even than Snapseed as you can easily zoom way in) + Ronny 100% + Skyfell: Felix overlay 59% + Canvas: Sand overlay 33% + White Ripped: Arton frame 100%