• CHAT 2: £30 < Please help us revive 'MobiChat' with a small donation to cover costs... ?
  • ANNOUNCEMENT! > CLICKY ME <
  • > CONGRATULATIONS to our very own Matt (@Smooth) on his change in Marital status! He has tied the knot with Danielle (Saturday 16th November)! We wish then every happiness as they start their married life together... x x <
  • MobiTog Mantra = "Taken with and processed on a Mobile Device" PLEASE NOTE: MobiTog Rule 4. will be applied to all MobiTog Challenges & Contests. Non-compliance may result in entries being disqualified - you've been notified! > For Terms & Rules Click Here <
  • NEW MEMBER NOTICE - Need assistance finding your way around Mobitog? > CLICK HERE FOR HELP SECTION <

RESULT : TWAC #2 Pixlr (01-14 Dec)

ImageArt

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ann
Device
iPhone 11 Pro
My 365
My MobiTog 365
This was soooooo hard. So much harder than any other challenge judging ever in the history of Mobitog. What? No! I'm not being over-dramatic.:mobibabe: It's not my way. :mobibabe: Anyway, in the end I just had to line them all up and see which one kept drawing me back. And that was deepop David's Modern City. It's sharp, it's surreal, it uses many of Pixlr's effects and overlays and the Double Exposure, and I think it's great. And the bonus was that he very kindly gave us the processes of how he conjured up this beauty. :thumbs:

View attachment 85585

Joint second:
Everyone else! I know that sounds like a cop-out, but I loved every one of the other submissions - all different, but all wonderful. Even those who didn't really like the app produced fabulous images. From glorious water colours to vibrant abstracts and beautiful double exposures or just straight processing, you all did an amazing job with it. I would be happy to receive a postcard with any one of these images adorning the front. Great work everyone:thumbs:
Yes, I agree. This challenge seems to be much more difficult to judge!

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
Sorry to be tardy. I haven't had a chance to look yet - been at the hospital with my 82 yr old friend and piano teacher who fell over at the Christmas Tree Festival where she was playing and was in extreme discomfort when I went to walk her dog at 10am this morning. :( Didn't get home until 3.30pm. But good news, she hasn't broken anything. So now I shall devote myself entirely to TWAC #02 judging. :D
Oh no! Just seeing this now... You're such a dear heart... :inlove: Glad to know she's doing well.

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
This was soooooo hard. So much harder than any other challenge judging ever in the history of Mobitog. What? No! I'm not being over-dramatic.:mobibabe:
LOL!!!

Anyway, in the end I just had to line them all up and see which one kept drawing me back. And that was deepop David's Modern City. It's sharp, it's surreal, it uses many of Pixlr's effects and overlays and the Double Exposure, and I think it's great. And the bonus was that he very kindly gave us the processes of how he conjured up this beauty. :thumbs:

View attachment 85585
Great choice!! Congrats deepop David!! [emoji471] I love the image too. [emoji177]

Joint second:
Everyone else! I know that sounds like a cop-out, but I loved every one of the other submissions - all different, but all wonderful. Even those who didn't really like the app produced fabulous images. From glorious water colours to vibrant abstracts and beautiful double exposures or just straight processing, you all did an amazing job with it. I would be happy to receive a postcard with any one of these images adorning the front. Great work everyone:thumbs:
Yes, quite a wonderful plethora of art!!! So much fun. [emoji1][emoji177]

RoseCat

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Catherine
Device
iPhone 7 Plus
:thumbs::thumbs: (I tried to insert a few flexed bicep emojis from my Mac keyboard but they didn't appear.)(need some help from Cat.)
Think you can only do it if you use the app but I'm a rookie in this and Catherine is the Master :)
Correct Ann!! Only via the app (which is one of the main reasons I use it so much, me being a bit of an emoji addict.... [emoji849])

Here you go David: [emoji1377][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]

Kmenglee

MobiPassionista
Real Name
Lee Kuan Meng
Device
iPhone 6s Plus
This was soooooo hard. So much harder than any other challenge judging ever in the history of Mobitog. What? No! I'm not being over-dramatic.:mobibabe: It's not my way. :mobibabe: Anyway, in the end I just had to line them all up and see which one kept drawing me back. And that was deepop David's Modern City. It's sharp, it's surreal, it uses many of Pixlr's effects and overlays and the Double Exposure, and I think it's great. And the bonus was that he very kindly gave us the processes of how he conjured up this beauty. :thumbs:

View attachment 85585

Joint second:
Nice choice JillyG
deepop deserve to be a winner So sharp
Learn a lot from all who has posted
Thank you

GroovyGouvy

MobiLifer
Real Name
Gouvy
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
Great job done, Jilly! Actually I wasn't aware at all that there shall be a winner in the end. Somehow I thought it's like "edit me" or what the beta testing thread was. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Everyone's a winner anyway, soon as you understand an app or maybe even just partly, but you realise what it's good for for you. And here we learned even what we can use or need with a certain picture to come up. An encyclopaedia of try and error with collateral fun! [emoji106][emoji23]
Congrats deepop David, definitely a picture I'd hang on my wall as a poster. [emoji4][emoji106][emoji7]

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
So, in the dark back passageways of MobiTog Jen zenjenny has kicked over the mouldering corpse of TWAC Pixlr.
So I went to unearth what we erm.......unearthed way back in 2016, it was TWAC2, well remembered Jen.

We had 14 pages of images and chat, some were not impressed ImageArt Ann and juryjone Jerry, others were wow'ed zenjenny and RoseCat. We had poetry from JillyG Jilly and terse Ted, and a very fine winner from deepop David and FundyBrian was confused.
There were scuffles about DE and Jilly was tardy oh and I mentioned the A word :cheeks:
I have to mention rizole and GroovyGouvy's participation too, which brings in most of the Mobi regulars.

Looking at these images and comments it seems, after dusting Pixlr off yesterday, that the app has changed. Well I maybe I'm stupid (don't answer that Jen) but I can't find half of these features in the apps current incarnation.

Thinking on, everyone agreed that TWAC (two week app challenge) was a good idea, we just ran out of cross platform apps that were 'interesting' enough for investigation. i.e VSCO is a great app but it only really provides filters.

Any thoughts about resurrecting TWAC? Or App suggestions?
The original idea was the app would be cross platform so that it could include iphone and Android users. But we could just run with iphone or android if the case was strong enough. I'm big on inclusivity though :)

JillyG

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
Real Name
Jilly
Device
iPhone 11 Pro Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365
So, in the dark back passageways of MobiTog Jen zenjenny has kicked over the mouldering corpse of TWAC Pixlr.
So I went to unearth what we erm.......unearthed way back in 2016, it was TWAC2, well remembered Jen.

We had 14 pages of images and chat, some were not impressed ImageArt Ann and juryjone Jerry, others were wow'ed zenjenny and RoseCat. We had poetry from JillyG Jilly and terse Ted, and a very fine winner from deepop David and FundyBrian was confused.
There were scuffles about DE and Jilly was tardy oh and I mentioned the A word :cheeks:
I have to mention rizole and GroovyGouvy's participation too, which brings in most of the Mobi regulars.

Looking at these images and comments it seems, after dusting Pixlr off yesterday, that the app has changed. Well I maybe I'm stupid (don't answer that Jen) but I can't find half of these features in the apps current incarnation.

Thinking on, everyone agreed that TWAC (two week app challenge) was a good idea, we just ran out of cross platform apps that were 'interesting' enough for investigation. i.e VSCO is a great app but it only really provides filters.

The original idea was the app would be cross platform so that it could include iphone and Android users. But we could just run with iphone or android if the case was strong enough. I'm big on inclusivity though :)
Ohhhh, I’d forgotten what fun this was - not just for the images, but all the banter (some might have thought it was intellectual conversation, but it was banter). Pixlr still has all of those things that we knew and loved back in 2016. Three years ago - wow, how time flies. Why don’t we kick off a TWAC with Pixlr and revisit it with all of those new images that we now have in our camera roll?

Last edited:

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
Ohhhh, I’d forgotten what fun this was - not just for the images, but all the banter (some might have thought it was intellectual conversation, but it was banter). Pixlr still has all of those things that we knew and loved back in 2016. Three years ago - wow, how time flies. Why don’t we kick of a TWAC with Pixlr and revisit it with all of those new images that we now have in our camera roll?
Pixlr TWAC the return? Good idea Jilly, lets see if we get anymore ideas :thumbs:

Starzee

MobiStaff
Site Staff
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Star Greathouse
Device
iPhone Xs Max
My 365
My MobiTog 365

I love the idea of everyone checking out an app together!!!

FundyBrian

MobiLifer
Mobi Veteran
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Brian Townsend
Device
iPhone 8 Plus
My 365
My MobiTog 365

The issue of inclusivity is a big one. What others do we leave out by only including iOS and Android.
Is this like the Mac and PC thing when the Linux folks arrive?

rizole

In for it!
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Rizole
Device
Samsung
I'd be up for revisiting pixlr again myself.

Additionally, since giving the play store the old heave ho, I've found new places to get apps and old versions of apps and apps that have been mentioned in threads over the last 3 years that are on iOS.
Didn't MsDee have a comprehensive list of apps somewhere? I could do with checking it out again.

Also, because of having to reset my phone a couple of times and using ImageArt's Huawei as my full time phone for a few weeks, I've been collecting all those apps and storing them on my PC. For those of us on android, if there's an iOS app that can't be obtained from the Play store, I might have it or an older version (like toolwiz which is now crippled by GDPR requirements) or can find it and share it with the group. The rizole apk store FTW.

sinnerjohn

MobiLifer
Real Name
John
Device
Pixel
I'd be up for revisiting pixlr again myself.

Additionally, since giving the play store the old heave ho, I've found new places to get apps and old versions of apps and apps that have been mentioned in threads over the last 3 years that are on iOS.
Didn't MsDee have a comprehensive list of apps somewhere? I could do with checking it out again.

Also, because of having to reset my phone a couple of times and using ImageArt's Huawei as my full time phone for a few weeks, I've been collecting all those apps and storing them on my PC. For those of us on android, if there's an iOS app that can't be obtained from the Play store, I might have it or an older version (like toolwiz which is now crippled by GDPR requirements) or can find it and share it with the group. The rizole apk store FTW.
What are your views on sideloading apps not from an official source? I'm almost sure iphone users can't do it at all (correct me if that's wrong apple peeps) and most android users are reluctant to do so.

terse

MobiLifer
MobiSupporter
Real Name
Ted
Device
iPhone Xs
I'm almost sure iphone users can't do it at all (correct me if that's wrong apple peeps)
iOS users can only install apps not from the official App Store if they jailbreak their phones. Even then, I think what's available are mostly OS tweaks and utilities -- I don't remember hearing of any art or photography apps in that realm.